Haunted Mansion closed 6/6/07 - 9/12/07

All four parks, waterparks, and other magic in Central Florida

Moderator: Moderators

Stitch's Cousin
Omnibus Driver
Omnibus Driver

Re: Haunted Mansion

Post by Stitch's Cousin » Jul Fri 13, 2007 6:59 pm

rooster wrote:I will be going in October I hope the refurb will be done by then. I can believe it would be closed for Halloween.

:nemo:
HM will be open for Halloween - supposed to open ~ Sept. 13.

jcodirewolf
Peter Pan's Flight Pixie Duster
Peter Pan's Flight Pixie Duster

Post by jcodirewolf » Jul Fri 13, 2007 8:33 pm

rooster wrote:I will be going in October I hope the refurb will be done by then. I can believe it would be closed for Halloween.

:nemo:
You can go to the calendar at DisneyWorld.com and see when it's should be open.

But the Bottom line is HM is closed so it CAN be opened for halloween. Normally they try to close things at slow times...But word is they needed more time than Aug-Sept for the work they are doing.

johno
[color=red]Updated![/color] For 2008 - [url=http://www.direwolf.com/Dreams/]Million Dreams Postcard Generator[/url]

js3901
Matterhorn Bobsleds Climber
Matterhorn Bobsleds Climber

Post by js3901 » Jul Fri 13, 2007 10:00 pm

jcodirewolf wrote:But word is they needed more time than Aug-Sept for the work they are doing.
which means we should be getting some decent new updates/upgrades... too bad I can't get down there this year as I had hoped. I really wanted to see what they did to our beloved east coast Mansion.
"And please do not sit on the floor. My studies show you can't experience time travel on the floor. and it's not a pretty picture in those shorts" - The Timekeeper

Site Admin, WDW Freak

Blackie Pueblo
Shooting Galleries Gun Cleaner

Post by Blackie Pueblo » Jul Sat 14, 2007 11:16 am

I think the gate DOES look good. It just reminds me of a fort. But I know they are doing refurbs inside but does anyone know if they are refurbing the que line or the grounds? I think it would be neat to see the funeral carriage on the grounds in stead of on the walkway with the rails around it so people can't touch it. It takes away from the illusion of the "ghostly horse" pulling it.

"It will continue to grow as long as there is imagination left in the world."
--Walter Elias Disney

jiminycricket
Fantasyland Theater Projectionist
Fantasyland Theater Projectionist

Post by jiminycricket » Jul Sun 15, 2007 10:53 pm

We are going down on the 15th of September so just in time for the reopening. I look forward to seeing it after the refurbishment.

FlatlandMounty
Mad Tea Party Host
Mad Tea Party Host

Post by FlatlandMounty » Jul Mon 16, 2007 5:26 am

I think they are refurbing the ride to include a wheelchair vehicle similar to the one on the Nemo ride....which means they would need to redo the queue to allow wheel chairs into the front entrance, and a new counter rather than the old turnstile.

jozel27
Alice in Wonderland Wonderer

Post by jozel27 » Jul Wed 18, 2007 12:49 pm

We love the haunted mansion and I am hoping that it will just be better once they are done with it. I am sure that it was much needed and that everyone lover of the haunted mansion will be glad when it is completed.

MW1218
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider

Post by MW1218 » Jul Wed 18, 2007 12:55 pm

Second the hope that the make the Haunted Mansion holiday possible in Disney World. I've never seen it, only listened to it here, and I love it.

Joe90

Post by Joe90 » Jul Sat 28, 2007 11:57 am

The HM has been getting more and more worn out over the years. I am glad it is getting the refurb. Hopefully it will be back to its well manicured decrepit state with upgraded sound as soon as possible.
Where have all the ghosts gone while their home is being renovated? :?

Croaker
Snow White's Adventures Gem Miner
Snow White's Adventures Gem Miner

Post by Croaker » Jul Mon 30, 2007 3:27 pm

any rumors of soft opening by Night of Joy? nothing beats a good christian event like a haunted mansion. i usually ride through yelling out "head to the light" "its time to pass over" hmmm perhaps i'll call this in on WDW Live. (they're putting blocks on my phone number as i post..laugh)
[img]http://www.oleole.es/main/web/images/manchester-united_banner.jpg[/img]

Nonnie
Omnibus Driver
Omnibus Driver

Haunted Mansion Closure

Post by Nonnie » Jul Tue 31, 2007 1:34 am

I'm going to MNSSHP September 14. Disney's saying it will open the day before that. They are usually on schedule with that sort of thing.

dimagineer

Post by dimagineer » Jul Tue 31, 2007 2:54 pm

I got very lucky when I made my reservations, I am visiting MK on 9-13-07. I can't wait to see what they actually do to the HM.

I found this on Disney's site. Thought you might like to read it. :mickey:

"Eek"-Streme Makeover

Behind the screams of the creepy new touches at The Haunted Mansion

"When hinges creak in doorless chambers
and strange and frightening sounds echo through the halls,
Whenever candlelights flicker and the air is deathly still,
That is the time ghosts are present,
Practicing their terror with ghoulish delight."

These eerie words of the Ghost Host are like poetry to the millions who consider The Haunted Mansion one of their all-time favorite Walt Disney World® attractions. This fun-and-frightful landmark is a genuine classic with so many clever effects and superb details, it never fails to amaze and mystify. And yet, come this fall, a few strange things will have occurred—wondrous things that only add to the overall magic, always reverently faithful to the original vision.

One of the things that you'll notice will be astonishing new digital audio effects, using some of the newest technology. "We have taken this new technology and incorporated it into The Haunted Mansion, always careful to maintain the integrity of the original show for all its many fans," Walt Disney Imagineering Principle Media Designer Joe Herrington told us. "Everything they've loved is there, but we've added to it to make it an even more incredible show."

"Could it be that these walls are actually stretching?"

"There are certain things that are sacred territory, like the Ghost Host," he continued. "But in the past, his voice just plunked around the room. We've gone a lot further now. Now he has the power to float around you and the other Guests." (Sometimes he can get creepily close!)

"Now once we got our friend the Ghost Host floating around the room just like a real ghost in an extremely believable way, we decided to bring the little gargoyles to life and let them have fun as well," said Joe. "We put a few bats in there and let them fly around and a few other things too. So now we have more of an ambiance, a texture."

The Imagineers were so dedicated to getting the sound quality perfect, they actually built a full-scale replica of the Stretch Room in their Glendale, California, studios for meticulous testing. Joe assured us that the results were definitely worth the effort. "It's a very noticeable difference, like night and day."

"Wall-to-wall creeps, hot and cold running chills..."

While the Stretch Room is the prime showcase for this new sound technology, a similar effect of a floating Ghost Host is replicated as soon as you climb aboard your "doom buggy" to tour the upstairs hallways, ballroom, attic and graveyard. And as you explore, you may spot some other unnerving sights in addition to the classic scenes. You never know what might materialize! (Look for more in a special video in the October issue of this newsletter.)

Voice actor royalty retain their thrones

The bride adds the only new voice to The Haunted Mansion; all the original ghostly voices will still be there to chill you. The Ghost Host narration—acclaimed as one of the finest vocal performances in any medium—remains the domain of Disney Legend Paul Frees, whose many other roles include Boris on Rocky and Bullwinkle.

And speaking of mediums, continuing as Madame Leota's voice will be Eleanor Audley, who also voiced Lady Tremaine in Cinderella and Malificent in Sleeping Beauty. And thanks to state-of-the-art sound, their voices and all the other atmospheric effects will sound even better—or worse, depending on your point of view—than ever.

We don't know about you, but we're just dying to float over to the Magic Kingdom® Park this fall to see and hear it all!

Magique
Mad Tea Party Host
Mad Tea Party Host

Post by Magique » Aug Wed 01, 2007 1:41 pm

That sounds really cool! I don't think Disneyland's Haunted Mansion has changed that much. (Just the attic scene). I'd love to see the new Stretching Room!

Cheshire Cat
Mark Twain Steamboat Captain
Mark Twain Steamboat Captain

Post by Cheshire Cat » Aug Wed 01, 2007 8:50 pm

Wow... I guess making the audio top notch is going to be their apology for letting it get so bad. This sounds amazing. I cannot wait to see the new stretching room. Bringing the gargoyles to life!? Amazing!!