Wooo! I'm a WDW cast member!

All four parks, waterparks, and other magic in Central Florida

Moderator: Moderators

Just Believe
Mad Tea Party Host
Mad Tea Party Host

Post by Just Believe » Sep Tue 26, 2006 7:16 pm

That so COOL!!! It's been my dream to be a Cast Member. It's so cool that you can actually say the next you go for vacation you can say, I know what it's like backstage. LUCKY
Do you think have enough time to go the bathroom before the next show?

We can't you old fool, WE'RE BOLTED TO THE SEATS!!!

-Statler & Waldorf
Muppet Vision 3D

acp
Davy Crockett's Explorer Canoes Guide
Location: Formerly Disney-MGM Studios, now Cheshire, England.

Post by acp » Sep Tue 26, 2006 8:41 pm

I'm not actually sure it is lucky to know what's backstage... It does spoil the magic somewhat. Originally, I was hoping to be working in the Magic Kingdom, but I'm kind of glad I'm not now, given what I've been told by MK cast members, and also given what I have seen backstage at Disney-MGM Studios. Yes it's cool that I know what's there, but there are some things that are better left unseen... I'll say no more on this.

swarlock
Dumbo Flying Elephants Tamer
Dumbo Flying Elephants Tamer

Post by swarlock » Sep Wed 27, 2006 8:41 pm

Oddly enough there was a film crew on Main Street USA as I was leaving the MK for the afternoon over the weekend.
Captain Schnemo wrote:I'm also very glad to hear that the mirror is gone. I have to say that I like when the dress up the castles. It helps you place old photos in time...and then there's always the sigh of relief when everything looks as it should again.

As long as the original eventually comes back, I think sprucing up various things is a nice touch. The holiday versions of it's a small world and the Mansions are good examples of pleasing both old skool Disney nerds and keeping things fresh.

I just hate the changes where they permanently destroy things, particularly in WDW, where there's so much space that flattening things is really an insult.
I concur.
acp wrote: http://www.andrewpoole.org.uk/disney/photos/mk4/

(for the curious, some prat in a plane had written "U + GOD = :)" in the sky above Cinderella Castle as well as something else that I couldn't make out at the time.)
I saw that on my way to the monorail to MK with Mom this past Saturday. Very tacky indeed. :x
Friendships are a blessing. Don't waste it on people who can't appreciate it.

acp

Post by acp » Sep Thu 28, 2006 8:25 am

I put a few photos from Epcot up last night. We went for a short wander round the World Showcase, but only got as far as China before we decided to just wander round and not do the attractions so we got back aroud to the front before IllumiNations. I did manage to have some proper chips (not crisps, chips) in the UK pavillion :D

I'm going back to Epcot today with another set of people to have a wander round the Food and Wine, which I believe has previews on for today. I'll let you know :)

subsonic
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by subsonic » Sep Thu 28, 2006 10:48 am

acp wrote:I did manage to have some proper chips (not crisps, chips) in the UK pavillion :D
You mean french fries! Crazy Brit!
Join our chat in Discord: https://discord.gg/zw5by3z

packwingfn
Skyway Loader
Skyway Loader

Post by packwingfn » Sep Thu 28, 2006 1:14 pm

Food and Wine sounds too good. I would love to go down there in September but school gets in the way, so thats why I'm glad I'll be workin down there next September/October
I know this is probably your first flight...and it's mine too...ha, ha

Rain upon that planet Earth. And they rain ... and rain ... and rain. The deluge.

acp

Post by acp » Sep Thu 28, 2006 9:40 pm

Well I just got back from a day at Epcot. Had a wander round the Food and Wine festival booths, spoke to the cast members I know that were working at the festival, had a wander round Innoventions and The Living Seas (since I hadn't done so yet), rode Test Track and Soarin', and watched IllumiNations :)

Photos from today are now on my website at http://www.andrewpoole.org.uk/disney/photos/epcot5/

And if anyone can tell me where I was standing when I photographed the programme... you /really/ need to get out more. :P

Andy. Off to bed - work at 8am tomorrow.

SysFail
Main Street Cinema Projectionist
Main Street Cinema Projectionist

Post by SysFail » Sep Fri 29, 2006 9:45 am

You were standing just outside of Italy when you took that pic.

Those bricks looked familiar hahahaha

Glad you are having fun Risc... Let me know when you get to serve beer in Epcot. :)

knedeau
Snow White's Adventures Gem Miner
Snow White's Adventures Gem Miner

Post by knedeau » Sep Fri 29, 2006 11:34 am

Ohhhhhhhhh The food and wine festival...... MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

My sis and i were there last year for that! Took a cooking class and everything!
"Hey, Look at that guy in the Goofy Mask!" "That's not a mask!" "Oh... Sorry Lady!"

disneydreamer58
PeopleMover People Mover
PeopleMover People Mover

Post by disneydreamer58 » Sep Fri 29, 2006 12:01 pm

Loved the videos and your diary on your web site, sounds like you are having a great time so far!!

SUB, I was laughing my butt off about the "chips" too :wink:
"A Very Merry Un-Birthday To You!"

acp

Post by acp » Sep Fri 29, 2006 5:12 pm

SysFail wrote:You were standing just outside of Italy when you took that pic.

Those bricks looked familiar hahahaha
Oh no I wasn't! </panto>

I was actually on the path that Pal Mickey refers to as a shortcut to Future World from near the McDonalds refreshment booth just to the side of Canada. The one with roses down one (or both) sides that Pal Mickey tells you to admire...

You lose.
Glad you are having fun Risc... Let me know when you get to serve beer in Epcot. :)
I occasionally serve beer in Disney-MGM Studios, if that's any good to you...

I don't work in Epcot :P

acp

Post by acp » Sep Sat 30, 2006 1:26 pm

I nipped down to the Magic Kingdom this morning before work having heard a rumour that there'd be a preview showing of the new show that replaces Cinderellabration. The rumour was true :)

I've uploaded some photos to www.andrewpoole.org.uk/disney/photos/mk6/ and will upload the two short videos I took a bit later on when I get back from work. Overall the show seemed to be well recieved, and was generally fun :)

Andy. Off to work!

csquare77
Shooting Galleries Gun Cleaner
Shooting Galleries Gun Cleaner

Post by csquare77 » Sep Sat 30, 2006 2:18 pm

Yah I have a friend that just did a tour at Pecos Bill, and a comment about when you work at a place you see how things really go on. Thats true with any job.

acp

Post by acp » Sep Sat 30, 2006 8:59 pm

Wooo... Tonight at work was fun :)

I was working Fantasmic! selling drinks in bottles from those tray thingies.. walking up and down the theatre before the show started :)

I love Fantasmic :)

Interestingly, a couple who were sitting at the front took my photo because they found it amusing that I was wearing a badge that says "$2.00" (which is the price of the drinks I was selling).. But it was all fun :D

Andy. Sleep required now!

Lion Sleeps Tonight
Rocket Jets Flight Director
Rocket Jets Flight Director

Post by Lion Sleeps Tonight » Sep Sat 30, 2006 10:17 pm

Awesome! I always wanted to work Fantasmic!, but that wasn't my area. Which areas do they put you in?
"A pirate in irons be full o' guile.
And the blackest 'art wears the broadest smile."

Oh, and "Welcome Home."