1st thing you do when you get to WDW

All four parks, waterparks, and other magic in Central Florida

Moderator: Moderators

Cheshire Cat
Mark Twain Steamboat Captain
Mark Twain Steamboat Captain

Post by Cheshire Cat » Jul Sun 30, 2006 5:01 pm

The first thing we do after check in is go to Magic Kingdom to get our family picture in front of the carousel of progress sign...it's always the first picture in each Disney album because it's got the date on it - then we all go our seperate ways for the remainder of the trip :roll:

spaulo
PeopleMover People Mover
PeopleMover People Mover

Post by spaulo » Jul Mon 31, 2006 11:19 am

Cheshire Cat wrote:it's always the first picture in each Disney album because it's got the date on it
Ha! Brilliant! Never thought of this, myself...
~Steve

laurie5658
Mad Tea Party Host
Mad Tea Party Host

Post by laurie5658 » Jul Mon 31, 2006 2:06 pm

We always head to POTC first and I don't know why. Its tradition.

jrcohen
Peter Pan's Flight Pixie Duster

Post by jrcohen » Jul Mon 31, 2006 2:17 pm

Cheshire Cat wrote:The first thing we do after check in is go to Magic Kingdom to get our family picture in front of the carousel of progress sign...it's always the first picture in each Disney album because it's got the date on it - then we all go our seperate ways for the remainder of the trip :roll:
Wow, that really is a great idea. I may start doing that when we get to the magic kingdom.
Please keep your arms and legs inside the vehicle until the ride comes to a full and complete stop. Thank you, and enjoy the rest of your day here at Walt Disney World.

rdeacon
Santa Fe & Disneyland Railroad Engineer
Santa Fe & Disneyland Railroad Engineer

Post by rdeacon » Aug Tue 01, 2006 12:44 pm

Coffee!! Don't know why its just darn good, and I need a cup of that food court java. After that its time to go to a park.

Rich
"It's kind of fun to do the impossible.."
Walt Disney

[img]http://www.rdeacon.com/img/banners/bar/SR_admin_adv.jpg[/img]
[img]http://rdeacon.com/img/banners/bar/SR_monkey_adv.jpg[/img]

Blackie Pueblo
Shooting Galleries Gun Cleaner
Shooting Galleries Gun Cleaner

Post by Blackie Pueblo » Aug Tue 01, 2006 12:47 pm

Not to be a wise guy, but for some reason the first thing we always do is hit a bathroom. I don't know why that is, but it's always the very first thing we do when we hit any of the parks. Maybe it's the excitement of Disney!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Check out our promo pic and the interviews to our newest short film, "Ballers" at http://www.newlineagefilms.com

knedeau
Snow White's Adventures Gem Miner

Post by knedeau » Aug Tue 01, 2006 1:14 pm

Ummmmmmm Check into the Hotel. (hehehe) then Hit a park right away! (usually MK or Epcot) this Dec, my sis and I have MGM as our 1st park (I have an itinerary all planned out according to extra magic hours! We even have ALL our reservations for dinners and tours too! I'm such a "type A"! hehehe Don't want to miss a minute!
"Hey, Look at that guy in the Goofy Mask!" "That's not a mask!" "Oh... Sorry Lady!"

jrcohen

Post by jrcohen » Aug Tue 01, 2006 1:20 pm

Wow, that's really planning ahead.
Please keep your arms and legs inside the vehicle until the ride comes to a full and complete stop. Thank you, and enjoy the rest of your day here at Walt Disney World.

knedeau

Post by knedeau » Aug Tue 01, 2006 3:19 pm

jrcohen wrote:Wow, that's really planning ahead.
I think the planning is part of the fun! It adds to the whole anticipation thing! Also, with a loose itinerary and dinner reservations, we won't be saying... "What are we doing today?" or looking around for a place to eat without an hour wait. (Dinners were also planned around which park we would be doing that day!) If we don't feel like sticking to the itinerary, we don't have to. I believe in Maximizing my time there! WOOHOO!
"Hey, Look at that guy in the Goofy Mask!" "That's not a mask!" "Oh... Sorry Lady!"

AKLRULZ
PeopleMover People Mover
PeopleMover People Mover

Post by AKLRULZ » Aug Tue 01, 2006 5:06 pm

We try to get an early flight in and for the past few years have been super lucky at getting early check in at our resort. We ususally will check in, tool around the resort, grab a bite to eat for lunch , maybe hit the pool and then hit the parks later in the day or early evening. It's vacation so I'm not into commando touring (helps that we go so often) on the first day.
Steve Baker ~ Travel Consultant :mickey3:
Steve.Baker@themagicforless.com
Affiliated with The Magic for Less
www.themagicforless.com

[url=http://ubanimator.com][img]http://img221.imageshack.us/img221/4199/userbar517512ps8.gif[/img][/url]

smikeyb
Horseless Carriage Chauffeur
Horseless Carriage Chauffeur

Post by smikeyb » Aug Tue 01, 2006 10:00 pm

I also go to MK first. I guess it's always beent he heart of Disney for me. I always have to go visit our stone in the front of the park first and ride the Haunted Mansion as my last ride of the night.

Steve

SimonTemplar
Mike Fink Keel Boats Boatswain

Post by SimonTemplar » Aug Wed 02, 2006 12:38 pm

Cheshire Cat wrote:The first thing we do after check in is go to Magic Kingdom to get our family picture in front of the carousel of progress sign...it's always the first picture in each Disney album because it's got the date on it - :roll:
Great idea !!!! I think that might become a new tradition for us. COP is one of our favorite attractions, so I can't believe we never thought of it.

:D

:mickey:
"Here in Florida, we have something special we never enjoyed at Disneyland...the blessing of size. There's enough land here to hold all the ideas and plans we can possibly imagine." ~ Walt Disney

swarlock
Dumbo Flying Elephants Tamer
Dumbo Flying Elephants Tamer

Re: 1st thing you do when you get to WDW

Post by swarlock » Aug Sun 13, 2006 2:00 am

Do The Haunted Mansion first, then Mickey's Philharmagic, Lunch at The Starlight Cafe, (Used to Pinnochio's Village Haus but they don't make burgers there anymre. :( ) Then EPCOT and then back to WDW again. 8)
Friendships are a blessing. Don't waste it on people who can't appreciate it.

jbvenn

Post by jbvenn » Aug Sun 13, 2006 1:18 pm

We often drive down nonstop from MN (I know, it's crazy) and arrive early on a Sunday morning. The first day is usually time to rest and unwind, so we hang out at the resort and go to Chef Mickey's for dinner. The next morning, it's always Epcot and SSE.
"Hey, you goldbricks, this ain't a spectator sport! Where do you think you are, Disney World?" -- General Knowledge

[img]http://i238.photobucket.com/albums/ff191/jbvenn/epcot2.gif[/img]
[img]http://i238.photobucket.com/albums/ff191/jbvenn/port-orleans-2.gif[/img]

js3901
Matterhorn Bobsleds Climber
Matterhorn Bobsleds Climber

Post by js3901 » Aug Sun 13, 2006 2:23 pm

first thing doing on my december trip is setting up the campsite. after that, probably resting as driving down from upstate NY is a nice little haul. after that, as it'd be a bit late in the day, probably go to DTD or just around Orlando...
"And please do not sit on the floor. My studies show you can't experience time travel on the floor. and it's not a pretty picture in those shorts" - The Timekeeper

Site Admin, WDW Freak