Besides America, What is your favorite country at Epcot?

All four parks, waterparks, and other magic in Central Florida

Moderator: Moderators

Besides America, What is your favorite country at Epcot?

Mexico
25%
Norway
20%
China
1%
Germany
7%
Italy
3%
Japan
16%
Morocco
1%
France
8%
United Kingdom
11%
Canada
8%

Total votes: 75

CDAbleson
Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln Usher
Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln Usher

Post by CDAbleson » May Wed 17, 2006 8:36 am

This is a close one, between Norway and UK.....But I MUST go for the UK, given the Rose & Crown, Fish & chips.....Yard of Beer.....HOORAY!

kgmadorin
Peter Pan's Flight Pixie Duster

Post by kgmadorin » May Thu 18, 2006 2:59 pm

No votes yet for Italy or Morocco... Aren't there any fettucine alfredo or couscous lovers out there? :wink:
"Our heritage and ideals, our code and standards--the things we live by and teach our children--are preserved or diminished by how freely we exchange ideas and feelings." -- Walter Elias Disney

FlatlandMounty
Mad Tea Party Host
Mad Tea Party Host

Post by FlatlandMounty » May Thu 18, 2006 8:44 pm

I was about to say the same thing....I'm really suprised at Italy having none as of yet. Now Morocco...I never understood how it got a space and something like Brazil, Russia, Australia, or something didn't. Morocco is such a random country. How often does Moroccan culture come up in your daily life?

GoofyInOhio
Mike Fink Keel Boats Boatswain

Post by GoofyInOhio » May Fri 19, 2006 9:16 pm

Our favorite is Norway. We love the ride and the character breakfast. The shops are cool although some of the clothing was a little (OK WAY OUT) of our price range. I also really enjoy Mexico.
Bloody Pirate!

kgmadorin

Post by kgmadorin » May Mon 22, 2006 7:52 am

FlatlandMounty wrote:Now Morocco...I never understood how it got a space and something like Brazil, Russia, Australia, or something didn't.
A large donation from the government (aka Royal Family) of Morocco. Interesting bit of trivia: Morocco is the only pavilion in Epcot to be sponsored by its corresponding government.
"Our heritage and ideals, our code and standards--the things we live by and teach our children--are preserved or diminished by how freely we exchange ideas and feelings." -- Walter Elias Disney

bamafan19
Casey Junior Circus Train Conductor

Post by bamafan19 » May Tue 23, 2006 4:29 pm

Between Canada, Norway and the UK. Canada has my favorite song, Norway has the best ride and UK has the best restaurant.

:mickey:

SpaceyMounty
Dumbo Flying Elephants Tamer
Dumbo Flying Elephants Tamer

Post by SpaceyMounty » May Tue 23, 2006 5:44 pm

I like the France pavillion, with the bakery and all.....hehe

James
Disneyland is the best!

G2-4T
Columbia Sailing Ship Admiral

Post by G2-4T » May Tue 23, 2006 9:46 pm

Extremely tough choices, Japan and China are very peaceful and serene - often nice in the crowded and hot days. Canada has the gardens and the architecture, France has the great movie, the list goes on. But I think Mexico tops it, good food and amazing interior work with the eternal night market place!
Please Stand Clear of the Doors
Por favor mantenganse alejado de las puertas

[url=http://peopleforthepeoplemover.org][img]http://www.tc.umn.edu/~rrclubum/peoplemover.gif[/img][/url]

See it today! [url=http://backsideofwater.blogspot.com/]The Backside of Water[/url]

SpookyBear
Alice in Wonderland Wonderer
Alice in Wonderland Wonderer

Post by SpookyBear » May Wed 24, 2006 12:56 am

Has to be Japan for me! I love going into the store there and I always buy snacks while I'm there. Pocky mainly. Yum!

jumboshrmp

Post by jumboshrmp » May Wed 24, 2006 2:27 pm

Norway.

I normally NEVER visit world showcase when i'm at epcot, simply because it's not worth it. I love future world, but World Showcase isn't for me. Anyway, I do like norway, but only because they have a ride.
It's quite fun. I never watch the movie at the end though.
[url=http://www.disneymountainrides.com][img]http://img195.imageshack.us/img195/151/sig9bn.jpg[/img][/url]
Visit http://www.disneymountainrides.com/photos to see the photos from my May 5th trip to WDW!

kronk's angel

Post by kronk's angel » May Thu 25, 2006 6:39 am

SpookyBear wrote:Has to be Japan for me! I love going into the store there and I always buy snacks while I'm there. Pocky mainly. Yum!
Me too! Great Totoro plush toys. (Nice bathrooms there too)
No, no... He's got a point.

Captain Schnemo

Post by Captain Schnemo » May Fri 26, 2006 4:37 am

Out of curiosity, would many of you have picked America if it were included in the poll?

briar_rose_59

Post by briar_rose_59 » May Sun 28, 2006 2:22 pm

I haven't voted but that's only because I can't decide! I love them all for different reasons. Canada has Le Cellier (and I'm Canadian), Mexico has amazing theming and a ride, Norway has all the cute trolls (what can I say? I'm weird lol!) and an extremely amusing narrator on the ride, Germany has awesome teddy bears and really cute cm's :D and I could go on and on about all the different areas.
Briar Rose
:wave:

iloverags2

Post by iloverags2 » Jun Sun 04, 2006 8:41 pm

Has to be Mexico for me! Nothing like having an "outdoor" market to shop around!
Cindy

SimonTemplar

Post by SimonTemplar » Jun Sun 04, 2006 9:16 pm

Captain Schnemo wrote:Out of curiosity, would many of you have picked America if it were included in the poll?
I would have voted for it. I can't even describe the feeling I have when I've seen the American Adventure show in person, and the Golden Dream song is playing at the end. It reminds you that even with its many faults, ours is the greatest country in the world when it comes to the ability to live your dreams.

:mickey3:
"Here in Florida, we have something special we never enjoyed at Disneyland...the blessing of size. There's enough land here to hold all the ideas and plans we can possibly imagine." ~ Walt Disney