Which Carousel Song?

All four parks, waterparks, and other magic in Central Florida

Moderator: Moderators

Which Carousel of Progress song do you prefer?

"Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow"
78%
"Now is the Time"
8%
Like them both about the same.
10%
Can't stand either.
3%
Don't care either way.
3%

Total votes: 40

Jwc247
Autopian Mechanic
Autopian Mechanic

Post by Jwc247 » Apr Fri 14, 2006 12:04 pm

I'm with Great big beautiful tomorrow because that's the song you hear the most and it just get stuckin you head! Lol! :lol: "There's a great big beautiful tomorrow! Shining at the end of every day! There's a great big beautiful tomorrow and tomorrow is just a dream away! A man has a dream and thats the start he follows his dream with mind and heart and when it become a reality theres a dream come true for you and me! So theres a great big beautiful tomorrow shining at the end of every day, theres a great big beautiful tomorrow just a dream away!!!!! " :lol: It's just such a great song at first when I heard it I hated it but after a while of listening to it, it got kind of good! I would humm it and annoy my brother! Great song great song! :D See what i mean it just gets stuck in your head! :D

SimonTemplar
Mike Fink Keel Boats Boatswain

Post by SimonTemplar » May Tue 23, 2006 3:04 pm

Yes "jbvenn", there is a recording of Walt singing GBBT. It used to play on the TV monitors outside the ride, right before you would enter the theatre. It was a brief video of Walt describing what the COP was all about, and then he would sing a portion of the song. I have no idea where you could get a copy, but I'd love to have one as well.

:mickey:
"Here in Florida, we have something special we never enjoyed at Disneyland...the blessing of size. There's enough land here to hold all the ideas and plans we can possibly imagine." ~ Walt Disney

bamafan19
Casey Junior Circus Train Conductor

Post by bamafan19 » May Tue 23, 2006 4:44 pm

I definitely like both but I must say "Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow" just about gets me misty-eyed!

GoofyInOhio

Post by GoofyInOhio » May Tue 23, 2006 7:04 pm

I love both. It's funny because even now when I walk in there I can't remember which one is going to play until it starts. I love it! :goofy_bounce: :hm_ghost:
Bloody Pirate!

Captain Schnemo
Columbia Sailing Ship Admiral
Columbia Sailing Ship Admiral

Post by Captain Schnemo » May Wed 24, 2006 1:03 am

I'm a WDW guy, so "Now Is the Time" was the first one that got stuck in my head and I always thought of it as the "real" one, but now I prefer GBBT, mostly for theme reasons.

First of all, it's not Todayland. Secondly, if now's the best time, it sounds like it's time to be complacent. Walt was always about tomorrow being better than today, and I think that's a more optimistic theme in general.

That stupid cuckoo bird gets points for singing NITT, though.

jumboshrmp

Post by jumboshrmp » May Wed 24, 2006 2:22 pm

Speaking "Now is the time", I just noticed that a version of this song is played in tomorrowland. I knew the song very well, but when I listened to "Now is the time" (with words), I realized that it's the same song (though the song is much more bearable without words).
And don't even get me started with "Great big beautiful tomorrow."
The chorus is alright, but the verses are so annoying.
I like the whole idea of theres always hope for tomorrow, in the song.
But the whole "Man has a dream, and that's the start..." thing. Too much.
[url=http://www.disneymountainrides.com][img]http://img195.imageshack.us/img195/151/sig9bn.jpg[/img][/url]
Visit http://www.disneymountainrides.com/photos to see the photos from my May 5th trip to WDW!

Cheshire Cat
Mark Twain Steamboat Captain
Mark Twain Steamboat Captain

Post by Cheshire Cat » May Wed 24, 2006 2:31 pm

GBBT is better for it's meaning and lyrics but I chose "I like them both the same" because I really like the instrumental version of NitT...especially the version with the trumpet...however I've never seen the CoP with Now is the Time, and frankly I can't picture the attraction having that theme song

abrcrmbegrl20
Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln Usher
Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln Usher

Post by abrcrmbegrl20 » May Wed 24, 2006 3:13 pm

I have to go with Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow. It's one of my favorite songs all around. My mom absolutely loves it and has to listen to it a lot.

knedeau
Snow White's Adventures Gem Miner
Snow White's Adventures Gem Miner

Post by knedeau » Jun Thu 01, 2006 11:26 am

Now Is The Time, Now Is The BEST Time, Now Is The best time of our life!
"Hey, Look at that guy in the Goofy Mask!" "That's not a mask!" "Oh... Sorry Lady!"

SpaceyMounty
Dumbo Flying Elephants Tamer
Dumbo Flying Elephants Tamer

Post by SpaceyMounty » Jun Thu 01, 2006 6:57 pm

I love Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow! It has such a catchy tune and my whole family loves it. And I like how its on Subsonic a lot.

James
Disneyland is the best!

DisneyManInSeattle
Swiss Family Treehouse Guide
Swiss Family Treehouse Guide

Post by DisneyManInSeattle » Jun Fri 02, 2006 1:16 pm

Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow is the best.

spaulo
PeopleMover People Mover
PeopleMover People Mover

Post by spaulo » Jun Fri 02, 2006 1:29 pm

Well this is a runaway. The original wins it by enough lengths to make Secretariat jealous.
~Steve