You know you're a WDW nut when...

All four parks, waterparks, and other magic in Central Florida

Moderator: Moderators

Marty Moose
Main Street Cinema Projectionist
Main Street Cinema Projectionist

Re: You know you're a WDW nut when...

Post by Marty Moose » Oct Fri 31, 2014 12:14 pm

To add a little information about helping friends plan.

You know you're a WDW nut when....friends ask you to help them plan and after a 2 1/2 hour session they leave with a scared look on their faces as you holler, "Wait, I didn't cover table service dining."
"Park's closed. Moose out front should have told ya."

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Oct Fri 31, 2014 12:47 pm

Marty Moose wrote:To add a little information about helping friends plan.

You know you're a WDW nut when....friends ask you to help them plan and after a 2 1/2 hour session they leave with a scared look on their faces as you holler, "Wait, I didn't cover table service dining."
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

coasterj
King Arthur Carousel Horseman

Post by coasterj » Nov Sat 01, 2014 8:39 am

:goofy_bounce:

:mickey: :mickey: :mickey: :lol: :lol: :lol:
WDW CM Chef Assistant
Orlando Local for 8yrs

coasterj

Post by coasterj » Nov Sat 01, 2014 8:41 am

And to add another one related to planning, when first timers tell you they only need 2 days to do everything and you totally freak out naming everything on property
WDW CM Chef Assistant
Orlando Local for 8yrs

Thumper1
Mike Fink Keel Boats Boatswain

Post by Thumper1 » Nov Sat 01, 2014 2:23 pm

yep!!!! lol!!! :lol:

Thumper1

Post by Thumper1 » Nov Sat 01, 2014 2:25 pm

You pay off your Disney Visa card and put more back on it with a purchase from Disney Movie club!! Yep, every month!! :D :mickey:

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Nov Sat 01, 2014 5:18 pm

brerrabbit1 wrote:

Oh my goodness, yes! I about bit my tongue in half when I was talking to someone I know that had only scheduled one ADR for their trip this past week ~ they stayed at Port Orleans Riverside (actually are still there yet tonight) so they had the meal plan with a quick service, a snack and one table service. He said they really wanted to eat at the restaurant in France for their anniversary as that is where they had dined last year on their honeymoon, but otherwise he didn't want to bother with making ADRs or FP+ ressies as he didn't like to plan all that stuff out in advance. I am very curious to see how they fared with getting in to the table service restaurants as I was under the impression it is almost impossible to dine in without ressies anymore. And they were a party of 6 so it wasn't like you could sneak in a table of 2 :shock:

cy1229
Country Bear Jamboree Greeter

Post by cy1229 » Nov Sun 02, 2014 3:24 pm

Amy wrote:
brerrabbit1 wrote:

Oh my goodness, yes! I about bit my tongue in half when I was talking to someone I know that had only scheduled one ADR for their trip this past week ~ they stayed at Port Orleans Riverside (actually are still there yet tonight) so they had the meal plan with a quick service, a snack and one table service. He said they really wanted to eat at the restaurant in France for their anniversary as that is where they had dined last year on their honeymoon, but otherwise he didn't want to bother with making ADRs or FP+ ressies as he didn't like to plan all that stuff out in advance. I am very curious to see how they fared with getting in to the table service restaurants as I was under the impression it is almost impossible to dine in without ressies anymore. And they were a party of 6 so it wasn't like you could sneak in a table of 2 :shock:
They just *might* be ok, given the time of year. It is the last week of Food & Wine (isn't it?) so the Epcot restaurants will be busy, but the other TS restaurants shouldn't be too bad. Next weekend, for the Wine & Dine half, will be busier, I think, and then they might be up a creek.

Along those same lines...

...you get an email from a family member who has literally no clue about WDW planning, asking 6 weeks out about a trip in October over fall break, and know for a fact that a party of 7 is not going to get any kind of ADR's. (They ended up not being able to go because of the cost and the time frame to get the $$ paid in full.)
Polynesian 1980
All-Star Movies 2001
Pop Century 2008
Saratoga Springs 2010
Bay Lake Tower 2012
Hyatt Place Anaheim Resort/Convention Center 2015
Marriott Anaheim Suites 2016

BenB
Fantasyland Theater Projectionist

Post by BenB » Nov Fri 07, 2014 1:15 am

I was talking about Disney on the way home from school with my 5-year-old, and the subject turned to recently closed attractions. So, how do I get him to picture the one I'm talking about?
Dad: "Remember the one where there was a boat and bombers were attacking it, and then we rode on a tram and went into the place where there was an earthquake, fire, a tanker truck, and lots of water?"
John, without hesitating: "Do you mean the Backlot Tour?"
Dad: "......... I love you."
Next time I'll just use its name.

And that's how we know we're Disney nuts.
Hoping to go back to the Magic soon.

cy1229

Post by cy1229 » Nov Fri 07, 2014 7:20 am

BenB wrote:I was talking about Disney on the way home from school with my 5-year-old, and the subject turned to recently closed attractions. So, how do I get him to picture the one I'm talking about?
Dad: "Remember the one where there was a boat and bombers were attacking it, and then we rode on a tram and went into the place where there was an earthquake, fire, a tanker truck, and lots of water?"

This is AWESOME.
Polynesian 1980
All-Star Movies 2001
Pop Century 2008
Saratoga Springs 2010
Bay Lake Tower 2012
Hyatt Place Anaheim Resort/Convention Center 2015
Marriott Anaheim Suites 2016

kelpseaweedkelp
Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln Usher
Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln Usher

Post by kelpseaweedkelp » Nov Tue 11, 2014 1:42 pm

BenB wrote:I was talking about Disney on the way home from school with my 5-year-old, and the subject turned to recently closed attractions. So, how do I get him to picture the one I'm talking about?

Yeah my nephews always freak me out with little details and things they remember and I'm like... :shock:

zhoover

Post by zhoover » Nov Fri 14, 2014 10:40 am

...you spend free time on WDW transportation busses using the overhead ads to decide if you've been on that particular bus before.

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Nov Fri 14, 2014 7:25 pm

zhoover wrote:...you spend free time on WDW transportation busses using the overhead ads to decide if you've been on that particular bus before.
:lol: Isn't a lot of the advertising the same though??

Sharonofwindham
Shooting Galleries Gun Cleaner
Shooting Galleries Gun Cleaner

Post by Sharonofwindham » Nov Sat 15, 2014 6:36 pm

cy1229 wrote:

This is AWESOME.
I love this! :goofy_bounce:

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Nov Sat 15, 2014 9:59 pm

You're at your friend's birthday party and are looking at the photo board they had put together and you immediately pick out the photo taken at WDW among the hundred or so other photos