Anybody ever see DeVine in Animal Kingdom

All four parks, waterparks, and other magic in Central Florida

Moderator: Moderators

abrcrmbegrl20
Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln Usher
Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln Usher

Post by abrcrmbegrl20 » May Fri 19, 2006 12:29 am

Oh wow I have never heard of this before. But I will look for her in 2 weeks when I go. That is pretty neat to look at.

aschrade
Horseless Carriage Chauffeur
Horseless Carriage Chauffeur

Post by aschrade » May Fri 19, 2006 9:42 am

Oh, that thing freaks me out. If I were alone, not even out in the woods but maybe standing around in my backyard, I would scream out loud and probably poop my pants.

FlatlandMounty
Mad Tea Party Host
Mad Tea Party Host

Post by FlatlandMounty » May Fri 19, 2006 10:28 am

holy cow...that is the coolest walk-around I've ever seen!

SimonTemplar
Mike Fink Keel Boats Boatswain
Mike Fink Keel Boats Boatswain

Post by SimonTemplar » May Tue 23, 2006 2:52 pm

We saw her on a visit in 2002, I believe. It was right outside the Rainforest Cafe entrance inside the park. It was wild to watch her blend in with the landscape, and her face was painted so that you couldn't even see it when her eyes were closed. We actually saw the exact same thing at the Opryland Hotel on Mother's Day.

:mickey:
Last edited by SimonTemplar on Jun Thu 22, 2006 9:15 am, edited 2 times in total.
"Here in Florida, we have something special we never enjoyed at Disneyland...the blessing of size. There's enough land here to hold all the ideas and plans we can possibly imagine." ~ Walt Disney

disneydreamer58
PeopleMover People Mover
PeopleMover People Mover

Post by disneydreamer58 » May Tue 23, 2006 3:00 pm

I think I agree with aschrade I would probably poop my pants but I would run screaming like a little girl... ha ha ha I get scared pretty easily.

I hope that by the time I can actually get to WDW that she is still around. I would like to see her.
"A Very Merry Un-Birthday To You!"

lovesdisney44
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider

Post by lovesdisney44 » May Tue 23, 2006 4:26 pm

bostoncg wrote:I think I agree with aschrade I would probably poop my pants but I would run screaming like a little girl... ha ha ha I get scared pretty easily.

I hope that by the time I can actually get to WDW that she is still around. I would like to see her.
Bostoncg - you've been trying to get to WDW for a while now . . . any future date set?

disneydreamer58
PeopleMover People Mover
PeopleMover People Mover

Post by disneydreamer58 » May Tue 23, 2006 4:54 pm

Hi lovesdisney44, Nope, no date yet. It's all about the finances for me :roll: and mine are in the minus!! I am thinking that maybe some time late 2007 or definitely 2008.

A lot can change at "The World" by then. I think that is one of the reasons I really love being on here cause reading all of the posts and seeing the pics make me feel like I am there, well, kinda.

So right now my goal is 2008 if I can pull it off sooner I certainly will. Of-course I am sure I could do it sooner if I was willing to stay at a budget property, but I have always wanted to stay at the Contemporary.

I don't want to settle for "what I can afford" I want to be able to afford "what I want" then go and have a blast.

Thanks for asking. And you all will be the 1st to know when I book it, cause I will be jumpin for joy!!!

That reminds me to stop and get a lottery ticket on the way home tonight...ha ha ha
"A Very Merry Un-Birthday To You!"

knedeau
Snow White's Adventures Gem Miner
Snow White's Adventures Gem Miner

Post by knedeau » Jun Thu 08, 2006 12:01 pm

bostoncg wrote:Hi lovesdisney44, Nope, no date yet. It's all about the finances for me :roll: and mine are in the minus!! I am thinking that maybe some time late 2007 or definitely 2008.

So right now my goal is 2008 if I can pull it off sooner I certainly will. Of-course I am sure I could do it sooner if I was willing to stay at a budget property, but I have always wanted to stay at the Contemporary.

I don't want to settle for "what I can afford" I want to be able to afford "what I want" then go and have a blast.
Have you thought about going with a friend and splitting the cost? My sis and I usually go together and split the cost right down the middle. Staying at the contempory, Offseason, with a parkhopper pass and dining(well worth it) would be like 1500 each. If you had maybe 3/4 people all together (splitting a room.. sharing beds, etc.) it could be even less! You could get a whole week Vaca for under 2K. And with flying on Southwest (out of manchester) you're looking at a $60 airfair!

http://wdw.reservations.disney.go.com/c ... ravelDWIBC
If you call them, you can sometimes get cool deals too!

:) I bet you could find some buddys to go down w/ you!
"Hey, Look at that guy in the Goofy Mask!" "That's not a mask!" "Oh... Sorry Lady!"

bamafan19
Casey Junior Circus Train Conductor
Casey Junior Circus Train Conductor

Post by bamafan19 » Jun Thu 08, 2006 4:49 pm

We actually saw her last time the family went down. It's pretty fascinating to watch. It's also pretty funny to watch the reactions of people as they figure out what and where she is.

:mickey3: :goofy_bounce:

D Rae
Alice in Wonderland Wonderer
Alice in Wonderland Wonderer

Post by D Rae » Jun Thu 22, 2006 2:20 am

I'm keeping my fingers crossed that she's somewhere around when I visit in Sept. :shock:
I may be growing older, but I refuse to Grow UP!

Mr.ToadWildRider
Flight to the Moon Flight Director
Flight to the Moon Flight Director

Post by Mr.ToadWildRider » Jun Sun 25, 2006 8:35 pm

I think that has to be one of the most frightening things I've ever seen (just looking at those pics). That's like some sort of giant tree ninja....pretty freaky!

leighannp
King Arthur Carousel Horseman
King Arthur Carousel Horseman

Post by leighannp » Jun Mon 26, 2006 11:48 am

We got to see DeVine on our last trip! It was one of the highlights of our AKL day. Here are three shots we took....she really is amazing!

ImageImage
LeighAnn