Moderator: Moderators

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Re: You know you're a WDW nut when...

Post by Amy » Oct Wed 30, 2013 6:53 pm

Goofyfan wrote:
boilerbabe wrote:
jlpeaches255 wrote:When you giggle at the for sale sign on the house across the street because the agent's name is Tim Morrow. Must be Tom's brother.
:lol: This made me chuckle out loud!!!
That is priceless!!! :lol: :goofy:
Oh my goodness, I would do the same thing! :lol:

boilerbabe
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Post by boilerbabe » Nov Fri 01, 2013 8:29 pm

When you're shopping in a dept. store and when passing the costume jewelry this pops out at you (see pic below)! I was with my mom and said (maybe a little too loud, I got excited), "Oh mom look it's a Hidden Mickey!!!" The saleswoman looked at me like I was insane! :P Obviously she doesn't know what Disney "Magic" is all about! Her loss!!!

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Nov Fri 01, 2013 8:40 pm

boilerbabe wrote:When you're shopping in a dept. store and when passing the costume jewelry this pops out at you (see pic below)! I was with my mom and said (maybe a little too loud, I got excited), "Oh mom look it's a Hidden Mickey!!!" The saleswoman looked at me like I was insane! :P Obviously she doesn't know what Disney "Magic" is all about! Her loss!!!

:lol: Some people just aren't Disney people :( Too bad for them...but shorter queues in the parks for us! :lol:

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Nov Mon 04, 2013 2:49 pm

I was loading the dishwasher this weekend while babysitting and had three bowls lined up to rinse. The youngest yelled, "Hey, that looks like Mickey Mouse!"

jrcohen
Peter Pan's Flight Pixie Duster
Peter Pan's Flight Pixie Duster

Post by jrcohen » Nov Mon 04, 2013 6:04 pm

Similarly to BB, When you're traveling through Spain and you find a hidden Mickey in the stained glass in the Alcazar in Segovia and it makes your day.

Please keep your arms and legs inside the vehicle until the ride comes to a full and complete stop. Thank you, and enjoy the rest of your day here at Walt Disney World.

boilerbabe
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Post by boilerbabe » Nov Mon 04, 2013 6:56 pm

jrcohen wrote:Similarly to BB, When you're traveling through Spain and you find a hidden Mickey in the stained glass in the Alcazar in Segovia and it makes your day.

Awesome!!! :D

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Nov Mon 04, 2013 8:46 pm

That's really pretty jrcohen!
When you have a song stuck in your head (several of my students are in Oklahoma and are playing the music as well) so you play It's a Small World to get the other song out of your head!

Leigh
Swiss Family Treehouse Guide
Swiss Family Treehouse Guide

Re:

Post by Leigh » Nov Tue 05, 2013 10:52 am

emnbensdad wrote:. . . they too have had the kool-aid!!!
I love this phrase! my sister and I use it all the time regarding Disney! So far I have gotten my husband & two children to drink the kool-aid! . . .You know you are a nut when you get start trying to figure out how to get back to WDW on the plane ride returning from WDW. Oh and you notice things like the little holographic charriot is missing from the Space Ship Earth Roman Emperor scene. Where did it go?

Goofyfan
Snow White's Adventures Gem Miner
Snow White's Adventures Gem Miner

Post by Goofyfan » Nov Tue 05, 2013 4:38 pm

boilerbabe wrote:When you're shopping in a dept. store and when passing the costume jewelry this pops out at you (see pic below)! I was with my mom and said (maybe a little too loud, I got excited), "Oh mom look it's a Hidden Mickey!!!" The saleswoman looked at me like I was insane! :P Obviously she doesn't know what Disney "Magic" is all about! Her loss!!!

That is soooo funny. And you are sooooo correct. Her loss. :lol: :lol: :lol: :goofy:

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Nov Thu 14, 2013 2:52 pm

I was unwrapping some Werther baking caramels and thinking about how good the Werther's store smells in the World Showcase!

cy1229
Country Bear Jamboree Greeter

Post by cy1229 » Nov Mon 18, 2013 5:58 pm

Ellie came home from swim practice and poked her head in my office. Epcot - Innoventions plaza loop 4 was playing, and she interrupted herself and said "That's from the fountain in Epcot, by those really high sun shades that don't work that well." :lol:

Now, she's been to WDW four times, and once was when she was three and she doesn't remember very well. So, either it's very memorable music, or my daughter's a genius. I prefer the latter. :)
Polynesian 1980
All-Star Movies 2001
Pop Century 2008
Saratoga Springs 2010
Bay Lake Tower 2012
Hyatt Place Anaheim Resort/Convention Center 2015
Marriott Anaheim Suites 2016

captianbubble
Main Street Cinema Projectionist

Post by captianbubble » Nov Mon 18, 2013 6:07 pm

You know you are a WDW nut when you have the horizons omny max theater loop stuck in your head, and you requested the song! And you wait… And wait… And wait!
Disney World Here I Come!

captianbubble

Post by captianbubble » Nov Mon 18, 2013 6:13 pm

[quoteF="cy1229"]Ellie came home from swim practice and poked her head in my office. Epcot - Innoventions plaza loop 4 was playing, and she interrupted herself and said "That's from the fountain in Epcot, by those really high sun shades that don't work that well." :lol:

Now, she's been to WDW four times, and once was when she was three and she doesn't remember very well. So, either it's very memorable music, or my daughter's a genius. I prefer the latter. :)[/quote] I did the same thing when the Innoventions music came on too!
Disney World Here I Come!

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Nov Mon 18, 2013 9:08 pm

cy1229 wrote:Ellie came home from swim practice and poked her head in my office. Epcot - Innoventions plaza loop 4 was playing, and she interrupted herself and said "That's from the fountain in Epcot, by those really high sun shades that don't work that well." :lol:

Now, she's been to WDW four times, and once was when she was three and she doesn't remember very well. So, either it's very memorable music, or my daughter's a genius. I prefer the latter. :)
She's obviously a musical genius...and also smart enough to know those ugly sun shades need to go ;) :lol:

cy1229

Post by cy1229 » Nov Tue 19, 2013 8:20 am

Amy wrote:
cy1229 wrote:Ellie came home from swim practice and poked her head in my office. Epcot - Innoventions plaza loop 4 was playing, and she interrupted herself and said "That's from the fountain in Epcot, by those really high sun shades that don't work that well." :lol:

She's obviously a musical genius...and also smart enough to know those ugly sun shades need to go ;) :lol:
She's always been able to recognize songs, match pitch, and sing parts of a song after hearing it only a couple of times. I insisted she take band, but after one year of playing the tuba (imagine an 11-year-old girl playing a full-sized tuba. Yeah. :lol: ) she gave it up, so I insisted on piano. Yep, gave it up after a year. Now she's playing guitar, but she likes it and wanted to play it, so I'm good to go with that. She's learning a Pink Floyd song now.

The sun shades would work better if they were lower to the ground. Otherwise, they're just ... art.
Polynesian 1980
All-Star Movies 2001
Pop Century 2008
Saratoga Springs 2010
Bay Lake Tower 2012
Hyatt Place Anaheim Resort/Convention Center 2015
Marriott Anaheim Suites 2016