All four parks, waterparks, and other magic in Central Florida

Moderator: Moderators

boilerbabe
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Re: Imagination Pavilion News

Post by boilerbabe » Aug Fri 02, 2013 10:18 pm

L3PCT wrote:Okay ...
So they've removed ... Horizons :cry:, world of motion :(, Snow Whites adventures :(, Mr. Toad's Wild Ride :(, Dreamfinder :cry: , 2000 Leagues under the sea ... what else???
And they've changed ... Journey into the imagination (not for the better at all!!!! ... I miss those cool lights that you step on that made sounds!!), dumbo's ride, pirates, haunted mansion ugh ... I can't think ... I know there's more!! Most for the better ... but not Imagination!!!

New additions I really like: winnie the pooh (so stinkin' cute!!) Finding Nemo ride, Toy Story ... more??

What I hope they never touch!!!! Peter Pan!! Thunder Mountain, Mexico, the shooting arcade! LOL ... gosh - so many ... any others that they should NEVER replace or redo?????

:nemo:
I would like to add Carousel of Progress and Swiss Family Treehouse to the list of "I hope they never touch!"

Wizzard419
Pirates of the Caribbean Buccaneer

Post by Wizzard419 » Aug Fri 02, 2013 11:09 pm

A side note, Disneyland is adding a Disney Infinity exhibit to innoventions, so odds are good that somewhere in one (or more) of the parks there will be an addition. Probably to a low traffic pavilion that has no sponsors and could use the theme of imagination to sell a rip-off of a billion dollar toy/game franchise developed by a competing company. :D

DaRkNeSs
Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln Usher
Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln Usher

Post by DaRkNeSs » Aug Sat 03, 2013 9:01 am

Very frustrating to hear a lot of this news, if Disney keeps closing areas wouldn't the world showcase need to open earlier if you have extra magic hours in the morning you could be completely done before the world showcase even opens. Disney must come up with something to fill the park in the front, the new test track update is a bit of a joke it hasn't properly worked since opening and they just added a lot of neon. Disney better wake up if they are closing this pavilion!
Look for the Bear necessities!!! Trust in me, just in me Shut your eyes and trust in me You can sleep safe and sound Knowing I am around!!

horizons1
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by horizons1 » Aug Sat 10, 2013 12:02 pm

I am still going with my old recommendation: Put a new version of Horizons into the Imagination show building, using the original Imagination track layout. For the die hard Figment fans, I would even be fine with Dreamfinder and Figment taking us on a tour of life on land, at sea, and in space. I am dreaming it. Now Disney do it!!!
No one's gloomy or complaining while the flatware's entertaining.

Cardinals314
Peter Pan's Flight Pixie Duster

Post by Cardinals314 » Aug Sat 10, 2013 9:35 pm

At D23 today Bob Iger said, "I don't think Figment is going anywhere any time soon. I promise." This has two possibilities: one, that the imagination pavilion isn't going to be refurbished or changed like previously noted, or two, if there are some changes Figment will still have a roll in a possible revamped attraction.
My WDW Trip Report March 2013

"I don't want to be a product of my environment. I want my environment to be a product of me"

NaCler
Country Bear Jamboree Greeter
Country Bear Jamboree Greeter

Post by NaCler » Aug Sat 10, 2013 9:55 pm

Apparently Dreamfinder and Figment played major roles in D23 Expo today complete with a Meet N Greet. Does this mean they could be returning together after refurb???

boilerbabe
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Post by boilerbabe » Aug Sat 10, 2013 10:31 pm

I sure hope so!!! :figment:

Cardinals314

Post by Cardinals314 » Aug Sun 11, 2013 12:09 am

There has been a lot of emphasis on Journey Into Imagination at D23. During the 'Undiscovered Disneyland' presentation, Tony Baxter and Josh Shipley were on hand to present their recreated version of Journey Into Imagination. There is a meet n greet with Dreamfinder. Also, the Walt Disney Parks pavilion at D23 is titled "Journey into Imagineering."
My WDW Trip Report March 2013

"I don't want to be a product of my environment. I want my environment to be a product of me"

boilerbabe
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Post by boilerbabe » Aug Sun 11, 2013 10:59 am

Very cool! I'm really glad to hear this! :D

Wizzard419

Post by Wizzard419 » Aug Sun 11, 2013 11:16 am

That sounds more like fan service than "new ride announcement", which might not be happening anytime soon since the old sponsor went under and no one is itching to take over for Kodak.

leblanan
Mike Fink Keel Boats Boatswain

Post by leblanan » Aug Sun 11, 2013 12:43 pm

well we can always dream. Hopefully they do it.
boilerbabe wrote:
L3PCT wrote:Okay ...
So they've removed ... Horizons :cry:, world of motion :(, Snow Whites adventures :(, Mr. Toad's Wild Ride :(, Dreamfinder :cry: , 2000 Leagues under the sea ... what else???
And they've changed ... Journey into the imagination (not for the better at all!!!! ... I miss those cool lights that you step on that made sounds!!), dumbo's ride, pirates, haunted mansion ugh ... I can't think ... I know there's more!! Most for the better ... but not Imagination!!!

New additions I really like: winnie the pooh (so stinkin' cute!!) Finding Nemo ride, Toy Story ... more??

What I hope they never touch!!!! Peter Pan!! Thunder Mountain, Mexico, the shooting arcade! LOL ... gosh - so many ... any others that they should NEVER replace or redo?????

:nemo:
I would like to add Carousel of Progress and Swiss Family Treehouse to the list of "I hope they never touch!"
I slightly disagree here. I think Carousel of Progress could use an update in the final scene, that's all. Just update it to the 21st century. That's all.
"now, bring me that horizon"

boilerbabe
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Post by boilerbabe » Aug Sun 11, 2013 1:55 pm

leblana, I agree with you! I just meant, I hope they never get rid of the attraction! But, an update in the final scene would be great!!!

leblanan

Post by leblanan » Aug Sun 11, 2013 4:56 pm

boilerbabe wrote:leblana, I agree with you! I just meant, I hope they never get rid of the attraction! But, an update in the final scene would be great!!!
Oh that I 100% agree, it's a classic, it would be so sad to see it go.

On a different note, I must confess, I can't even remember that last time I went in the Treehouse.
"now, bring me that horizon"

boilerbabe
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Post by boilerbabe » Aug Sun 11, 2013 5:15 pm

leblanan wrote:
boilerbabe wrote:leblana, I agree with you! I just meant, I hope they never get rid of the attraction! But, an update in the final scene would be great!!!
Oh that I 100% agree, it's a classic, it would be so sad to see it go.

On a different note, I must confess, I can't even remember that last time I went in the Treehouse.
I highly recommend the Treehouse at night!!! The views are fantastic!!!

yodiwan1
Storybookland Canal Boats Mate
Storybookland Canal Boats Mate

Post by yodiwan1 » Aug Sun 11, 2013 11:23 pm

WHen I heard what Iger said, I flipped! my DW was laughing so hard that I was jumping around to the news that Figment was staying in some fashion. WHen I then found out Dreamfinder made an appearance I became bit more ecstatic and played the Imagination on my comp! Oh how I hope they revamp the attraction to include both of them again! They are like PB&J..Yeah A PB sandwich can be great by itself, but together, they can be magical! :figment: :figment: :figment: :figment:
"hold on to them hats and glasses, cause this here's the wildest ride in the wilderness!!"