Imagination Pavilion News

All four parks, waterparks, and other magic in Central Florida

Moderator: Moderators

yodiwan1
Storybookland Canal Boats Mate

Re: Imagination Pavilion News

Post by yodiwan1 » Jul Fri 26, 2013 3:49 pm

BB is not alone. That's the reason FIgment was re-introduced was because of people complaining, and that wasn't too long ago, maybe 10 years? SO yes, non subsonicers do care about that little dragon with two tiny wings, eyes pink and yellow, horns of a steer, what a loveable fellow. From head to tale, he's royal purple pigment.
"hold on to them hats and glasses, cause this here's the wildest ride in the wilderness!!"

Wizzard419
Pirates of the Caribbean Buccaneer

Post by Wizzard419 » Jul Fri 26, 2013 4:04 pm

That was a vocal minority (fanboys), and 10 years ago, what will the results of this experiment be?

yodiwan1

Post by yodiwan1 » Jul Fri 26, 2013 4:16 pm

if they actually take Figment out for good, I do think that will happen again, yes. It's not like those people disappeared. If they can have Duffy in the Park, thre is nor eason, why not to have FIgment.
"hold on to them hats and glasses, cause this here's the wildest ride in the wilderness!!"

Wizzard419

Post by Wizzard419 » Jul Fri 26, 2013 4:27 pm

They sort of disappeared (died off, stopped being fans due to the other changes, grew up, etc.) but the thing is, the population that doesn't care either way grew to be much larger than the nostalgic fans.

boilerbabe
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Post by boilerbabe » Jul Fri 26, 2013 7:25 pm

This makes me sad :( I still have my original Figgy!!! I realized today, he is over 20 years old! Yikes! He still looks like brand new though! :D

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Jul Fri 26, 2013 8:27 pm

boilerbabe wrote:Am I the only one that thinks Figgy and the Dreamfinder should be reintroduced?! I sometimes feel like the classic Disney is being lost.
I agree!
theBIGyowski wrote:If done the right way...Figment and Dreamfinder would be awesome. The problem is that we have seen several attempts to shoehorn Figment into Epcot...and the majority of refurbs/renovations have been a disgrace.

So...if I were a betting man...I wouldn't put much stock in the current Imagineers + TDO being able to successfully keep Figment and especially Dreamfinder in any kind of renovation.
Sad, but true. I just hope they come up with something original and not based on the latest tv show, movie or other run of the mill stuff.
Imagination Imagineering people ~ use some IMAGINATION to create an awesome experience!! Pretty please?! :figment:

Wizzard419

Post by Wizzard419 » Jul Fri 26, 2013 9:11 pm

They have imagination, the problem is that the butt-hurt filled fanboys keep demanding they revert the park back to the failed version (AKA the original version).

BwanaBob
Sleeping Beauty Castle Guard
Sleeping Beauty Castle Guard

Post by BwanaBob » Jul Fri 26, 2013 9:23 pm

Why does it appear that so many 'news' posts are being lifted right from another Disney forum and pasted over here?

It is way too coincidental the way the threads have been flowing.

Just saying...
"Finally, from the depths of the Dark Ages came the Age of Enlightenment - the Renaissance.
And with this era, came a powerful new invention - BwanaBob."

Wizzard419

Post by Wizzard419 » Jul Fri 26, 2013 9:55 pm

Talk to the original poster? Perhaps he is emulating the huffington post's aggregation style.

NaCler
Country Bear Jamboree Greeter
Country Bear Jamboree Greeter

Post by NaCler » Jul Sat 27, 2013 4:49 pm

Figgy probably won't come back because Disney doesn't care about fanboys. If they did, Horizons would still be there.

leblanan
Mike Fink Keel Boats Boatswain
Mike Fink Keel Boats Boatswain

Post by leblanan » Jul Sun 28, 2013 9:39 am

The original version didn't fail, Kodak just wanted to update the attraction, it still had good attendance. And the Fan boys of Figment haven't gone anywhere. I guarantee if he were omitted from another version, there would be an outcry.
"now, bring me that horizon"

Soarin08
Skyway Loader
Skyway Loader

Post by Soarin08 » Aug Thu 01, 2013 7:40 pm

I just roll my eyes at threads like this and wait for the official announcements. Amazing how people believe everything the blogs post. :roll:

I know people at the pavilion and they haven't been told anything.

dstrawn9889
Snow White's Adventures Gem Miner
Snow White's Adventures Gem Miner

Post by dstrawn9889 » Aug Thu 01, 2013 9:19 pm

now if johnny lassater was set loose on that pavilion... that man there seems to be Walt incarnate, the way he gets into the themeing of the ares he oversees. i could live with an update of the pavilion with john at the head of it. NO it does not have to be pixar-based either, the man was a jungle cruise skipper and a disney animator.

Wizzard419

Post by Wizzard419 » Aug Thu 01, 2013 9:48 pm

Oooohhh two conflicting accounts, looks like we may have a girl-fight coming. :mrgreen:

L3PCT
Motor Boat Cruise Skipper
Motor Boat Cruise Skipper

Post by L3PCT » Aug Fri 02, 2013 8:09 am

Okay ...
So they've removed ... Horizons :cry:, world of motion :(, Snow Whites adventures :(, Mr. Toad's Wild Ride :(, Dreamfinder :cry: , 2000 Leagues under the sea ... what else???
And they've changed ... Journey into the imagination (not for the better at all!!!! ... I miss those cool lights that you step on that made sounds!!), dumbo's ride, pirates, haunted mansion ugh ... I can't think ... I know there's more!! Most for the better ... but not Imagination!!!

New additions I really like: winnie the pooh (so stinkin' cute!!) Finding Nemo ride, Toy Story ... more??

What I hope they never touch!!!! Peter Pan!! Thunder Mountain, Mexico, the shooting arcade! LOL ... gosh - so many ... any others that they should NEVER replace or redo?????

:nemo: