Post by Wizzard419 » Jul Fri 12, 2013 9:09 pm

As Amy says, we shall burn figment to the ground! :D

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Re: Imagination Pavilion News

Post by Amy » Jul Sat 13, 2013 7:12 am

Wizzard419 wrote:As Amy says, we shall burn figment to the ground! :D
:evil: Not exactly what I said Mister! Grrrrr!

Goofyfan
Snow White's Adventures Gem Miner
Snow White's Adventures Gem Miner

Post by Goofyfan » Jul Sat 13, 2013 8:03 am

Captain EO for us was....You've seen it once, no need to it again unlike many of the other shows. IMO. :mickey: :goofy:

leblanan
Mike Fink Keel Boats Boatswain
Mike Fink Keel Boats Boatswain

Post by leblanan » Jul Sat 13, 2013 10:37 am

Goofyfan wrote:Captain EO for us was....You've seen it once, no need to it again unlike many of the other shows. IMO. :mickey: :goofy:
We are the exact same way, in fact I went back in and saw it for the second time a few months ago and about 20 seconds in, I just thought to myself, "why am I doing this?"
"now, bring me that horizon"

jrcohen
Peter Pan's Flight Pixie Duster

Post by jrcohen » Jul Sat 13, 2013 12:32 pm

When we were there back in January it saddened me to see the state of Imagination. The Imageworks in particular were dreadful. Half the area seemed broken; there was torn carpet. It just looked like they didn't care about the Pavilion any more. Something definitely needs to be done, but just sitting it down a la Wonders of Life isn't the answer and I hope Disney knows that.
Please keep your arms and legs inside the vehicle until the ride comes to a full and complete stop. Thank you, and enjoy the rest of your day here at Walt Disney World.

Cardinals314

Post by Cardinals314 » Jul Wed 24, 2013 12:27 am

It now seems like the rumor of the Imagination Pavilion closing for an entire year for renovations is picking up steam. There is now a date for the rumored closing, January 2nd 2014. Only time will tell if this pans out or not. Some renovation is coming but I don't have an exact date
My WDW Trip Report March 2013

"I don't want to be a product of my environment. I want my environment to be a product of me"

Wizzard419
Pirates of the Caribbean Buccaneer

Post by Wizzard419 » Jul Wed 24, 2013 1:14 am

That is kind of a weird day to do it, a Thursday, they might wait until the Monday afterwards. I should probably check to see when my own office will be returning from the holidays since that would give an idea of how other companies are going to do it this year.

yodiwan1
Storybookland Canal Boats Mate
Storybookland Canal Boats Mate

Post by yodiwan1 » Jul Wed 24, 2013 8:03 am

that stinks. taking my daughter for her first trip early feb.
"hold on to them hats and glasses, cause this here's the wildest ride in the wilderness!!"

boilerbabe
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Post by boilerbabe » Jul Wed 24, 2013 9:48 am

An entire year???? It def needs a facelift but we'll have to check it out one last time if we make there in Dec!

Are there any rumors as to what they're going to do with it yet?!

Cardinals314

Post by Cardinals314 » Jul Wed 24, 2013 10:48 am

boilerbabe wrote:An entire year???? It def needs a facelift but we'll have to check it out one last time if we make there in Dec!

There are a few. Captain EO is rumored to be completely gone. For the Journey into Imagination ride, it seems like Disney wants to keep the character Figment there, but change the ride. One of the terrible rumors is that Phineas and Ferb could possibly go in there. I personally hope that doesn't happen.
Last edited by Cardinals314 on Jul Wed 24, 2013 12:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

"I don't want to be a product of my environment. I want my environment to be a product of me"

Cardinals314

Post by Cardinals314 » Jul Wed 24, 2013 11:12 am

Illuminating Epcot is now reporting the closures

http://www.illuminatingepcot.com/epcot- ... -to-close/

junebug1233
Swiss Family Treehouse Guide

Post by junebug1233 » Jul Wed 24, 2013 11:23 am

Cardinals314 wrote:
boilerbabe wrote:An entire year???? It def needs a facelift but we'll have to check it out one last time if we make there in Dec!

There are a few. Captain EO is rumored to be completely gone. For the Journey into Imagination ride, it seems like Disney wants to keep the character Figment there, but change the ride. One of the terrible rumors is that Phineus and Ferb could possibly go in there. I personally hope that doesn't happen.
I happen to love Phineas and Ferb. I would love to see a ride with them. Of course, I wouldn't want it to displace Figment though! I alternated my last vacation between wearing my Figment Mickey ear hat and my Perry (the platypus from P&F) ear hat.

cousininmiami
Davy Crockett's Explorer Canoes Guide
Davy Crockett's Explorer Canoes Guide

Post by cousininmiami » Jul Wed 24, 2013 12:25 pm

Great news to have an update.... but super bad news to include Phinius and Ferb! Who would want that?? I don't recall them putting Rollie Pollie Ollie in a ride 15 years ago when that was a popular Disney kids cartoon? I'm just sayin' :shock:
°o° "...it's a great big beautiful tomorrow, shining at the end of every day" °o°

junebug1233

Post by junebug1233 » Jul Wed 24, 2013 1:28 pm

I don't get the Phineas and Ferb hate. Has anyone watched it? It's actually a really clever show. It has won Emmys, gets great ratings, and one of the Phineas and Ferb movies was the highest rated cable movie of the year. Kids love it, I see infinite kids at WDW carrying around stuffed Perrys. I don't think it's so horrible to make a ride that is based on well-known and well-liked characters. While I would also question the longevity of the show and whether a ride should be based on a show that has been around 5 or 6 years, it isn't that horrible of an idea.

Wizzard419

Post by Wizzard419 » Jul Wed 24, 2013 1:48 pm

cousininmiami wrote:Great news to have an update.... but super bad news to include Phinius and Ferb! Who would want that?? I don't recall them putting Rollie Pollie Ollie in a ride 15 years ago when that was a popular Disney kids cartoon? I'm just sayin' :shock:
Because it is more popular and recognizable than Figment is? :D They want to also connect the park to the rest of the company, figment is pretty much dead outside of the confines of that ride, there is a little merch but not much.