Re: Imagination Pavilion News

Post by Wizzard419 » Jul Thu 11, 2013 1:39 pm

And what do the companies that stay have in common? Poor business decisions. :D

theBIGyowski
Tom Sawyer Island Rafts Skipper

Post by theBIGyowski » Jul Thu 11, 2013 3:53 pm

I still stand behind my hopes that WDI could incorporate "Meet the Robinsons" into the Imagination Pavilion. They could do wonders with that theme and could make an excellent attraction. It doesn't even have to rely heavily on the characters...but rather the "future" aspects and theming. A "perfect" future if you will.

1986: Offsite
1997: Offsite
2001: Coronado Springs
2008: Shades of Green / Saratoga Springs (WDW Half Marathon)
2009: Port Orleans French Quarter (WDW Half Marathon)
2010: Port Orleans Riverside (Honeymoon)
2011: Old Key West / Bay Lake Tower
2014: Kidani Village
2015: Old Key West (5th Wedding Anniversary)
2016: Old Key West (Kids' first WDW vacation in December!)

Cardinals314
Peter Pan's Flight Pixie Duster

Post by Cardinals314 » Jul Thu 11, 2013 9:54 pm

yodiwan1 wrote:Where are you getting this info? I have a close friend from high school that works at the pavilion and she said she hasn't heard anything like that. I can't see them taking Figment out of the park. The backlash they got last time was huge.
Even if there is a year long shut down of the Imagination Pavilion to do some changes, Figment will still be there. Disney did learn last time about getting rid of Figment and will keep him there.
My WDW Trip Report March 2013

"I don't want to be a product of my environment. I want my environment to be a product of me"

Wizzard419
Pirates of the Caribbean Buccaneer

Post by Wizzard419 » Jul Thu 11, 2013 9:59 pm

Yes, they learned to first stick the characters into crappy attractions while taking out peripheral characters and icons so that you can take out the central target later on. :D

NaCler
Country Bear Jamboree Greeter

Post by NaCler » Jul Thu 11, 2013 11:24 pm

I don't know what to think on this one. If it goes seasonal then there will be times where 2 whole pavilions are closed in Future World. With all of the emphasis they place on F&G and F&W, it seems like they are content with World Showcase being the main draw for this park. With the emergence of Duffy, do you think they are fine just phasing Figment out?

Wizzard419

Post by Wizzard419 » Jul Thu 11, 2013 11:44 pm

Just for reference, how does CoP run during the slow times? It isn't a perfect comparison since it probably uses less people to operate it for a day than any attraction in the pavilion, but it might at least give an idea of what to expect.

I am somewhat surprised they haven't turned it or innoventions into a showroom for Disney Infinite, since they already have POS stuff in there and lots of display space.

Cardinals314

Post by Cardinals314 » Jul Fri 12, 2013 1:46 am

NaCler wrote:I don't know what to think on this one. If it goes seasonal then there will be times where 2 whole pavilions are closed in Future World. With all of the emphasis they place on F&G and F&W, it seems like they are content with World Showcase being the main draw for this park. With the emergence of Duffy, do you think they are fine just phasing Figment out?
I don't think Figment should be phased out. I have head from inside sources that Figment will stay, but there are changes coming. Thus, I don't believe that Imagination Pavilion is going seasonal. Duffy is very unknown to most people. Heck, I didn't know he existed until I was in Epcot this past March. Figment has only stayed in the Imagination Pavilion and Disney will probably keep it that way. Figment and Duffy are two different mascots that cover different topics. There is no need to phase one out without a replacement for that specific topic.
My WDW Trip Report March 2013

"I don't want to be a product of my environment. I want my environment to be a product of me"

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Jul Fri 12, 2013 5:39 am

NaCler wrote:I don't know what to think on this one. If it goes seasonal then there will be times where 2 whole pavilions are closed in Future World. With all of the emphasis they place on F&G and F&W, it seems like they are content with World Showcase being the main draw for this park. With the emergence of Duffy, do you think they are fine just phasing Figment out?
Yikes! :shock:
Wizzard419 wrote:Just for reference, how does CoP run during the slow times? It isn't a perfect comparison since it probably uses less people to operate it for a day than any attraction in the pavilion, but it might at least give an idea of what to expect.

I am somewhat surprised they haven't turned it or innoventions into a showroom for Disney Infinite, since they already have POS stuff in there and lots of display space.
As I recall, Carousel of Progress opens about 10 or 11 on most days and then closes earlier in the evening than the rest of Tomorrowland. I hope they don't turn it into an Innoventions or showroom. They did that out in DL and it was really cruddy :evil:

theBIGyowski

Post by theBIGyowski » Jul Fri 12, 2013 8:48 am

I'll be the meanie and say it...

I would rather WDI come up with a fantastic theme and presentation for the Imagination Pavilion than having to stick Figment in a bad pavilion just to keep Figment fans happy.

If they can create something great and still keep Figment...great. But I don't want to sacrifice a great pavilion just to keep Figment there. And I hope you would all feel the same way.

leblanan
Mike Fink Keel Boats Boatswain
Mike Fink Keel Boats Boatswain

Post by leblanan » Jul Fri 12, 2013 10:20 am

Personally I think the pavilion needs a complete overhaul. Captain EO needs to go. Honey I shrunk the Audience was better, but a little dated and they could use a new movie. While I don't hate it, the attraction itself is sad compared to the original version. I think they should really take a whole new approach to it. Since Disney is kind of the masters of imagination and creativity, they could really think outside the box and some up with something impressive for this one. Although they should keep figment.
"now, bring me that horizon"

cy1229

Post by cy1229 » Jul Fri 12, 2013 11:20 am

theBIGyowski wrote:I'll be the meanie and say it...

I would rather WDI come up with a fantastic theme and presentation for the Imagination Pavilion than having to stick Figment in a bad pavilion just to keep Figment fans happy.

If they can create something great and still keep Figment...great. But I don't want to sacrifice a great pavilion just to keep Figment there. And I hope you would all feel the same way.
When we did the F1gment thing (can't think of the name all of a sudden) last October, I thought it was cheesy but a little cute. If it's supposed to be about imagination they could do sooooo much more, maybe bring in some of Disney's truly imaginative characters like :ccat: or let the Imagineers have a field day and go all-out imaginative. Kind of like the Jetsons meets Disney. Do you guys know what I mean? Remember those old cartoons that were on Woody Woodpecker in the afternoon that talked about the house, car, whatever of tomorrow, and were completely ridiculous? Something like that.
Polynesian 1980
All-Star Movies 2001
Pop Century 2008
Saratoga Springs 2010
Bay Lake Tower 2012
Hyatt Place Anaheim Resort/Convention Center 2015
Marriott Anaheim Suites 2016

Wizzard419

Post by Wizzard419 » Jul Fri 12, 2013 1:03 pm

Amy wrote:
As I recall, Carousel of Progress opens about 10 or 11 on most days and then closes earlier in the evening than the rest of Tomorrowland. I hope they don't turn it into an Innoventions or showroom. They did that out in DL and it was really cruddy :evil:

So, I am guessing, they basically have it open for one shift (including setup/cleanup)? That wouldn't surprise me if they start doing that with the old pavilion.

theBIGyowski

Post by theBIGyowski » Jul Fri 12, 2013 2:00 pm

cy1229 wrote:

When we did the F1gment thing (can't think of the name all of a sudden) last October, I thought it was cheesy but a little cute. If it's supposed to be about imagination they could do sooooo much more, maybe bring in some of Disney's truly imaginative characters like :ccat: or let the Imagineers have a field day and go all-out imaginative. Kind of like the Jetsons meets Disney. Do you guys know what I mean? Remember those old cartoons that were on Woody Woodpecker in the afternoon that talked about the house, car, whatever of tomorrow, and were completely ridiculous? Something like that.
Have you seen "Meet the Robinsons"? It has that awesome Futuristic/Imagination/Optimism outlook there in the future. You can tell Walt's vision for EPCOT was at the forefront of the creative minds who made "Meet the Robinsons"

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Jul Fri 12, 2013 8:28 pm

Wizzard419 wrote:
Amy wrote:

So, I am guessing, they basically have it open for one shift (including setup/cleanup)? That wouldn't surprise me if they start doing that with the old pavilion.
Journey into Imagination already was operating like that when we were there. I don't know if it opened later than the rest of the park, but it did close early. Same with Ellen's Energy Adventure.

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Jul Fri 12, 2013 8:29 pm

I am one who likes Figment, but I completely agree with you. Something needs to be done ~ with or without Figment.