MyMagic+

All four parks, waterparks, and other magic in Central Florida

Moderator: Moderators

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Re: MyMagic+

Post by Amy » Jul Thu 04, 2013 5:43 pm

Yeah, I think these will probably be heading for the outlet store fairly quickly...

BuzzyFan
Sleeping Beauty Castle Guard
Sleeping Beauty Castle Guard

Post by BuzzyFan » Jul Sat 06, 2013 10:15 pm

Amy wrote:Yeah, I think these will probably be heading for the outlet store fairly quickly...
Makes me wonder if they have a minimum sale threshold before they would even put something into the outlet store... They might end up giving those things away!

Wizzard419
Pirates of the Caribbean Buccaneer

Post by Wizzard419 » Jul Sat 06, 2013 10:36 pm

They would sooner send them to Africa then give them to domestics, you can't get a tax write-off as easily otherwise. :D

Fun fact, as various championship events need merch to sell right after the final game, the companies produce products for both teams. The losing team merch (mostly the clothes) ends up being shipped off to various countries that can benefit from said free clothing.

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Jul Sun 07, 2013 8:09 am

Wizzard419 wrote:They would sooner send them to Africa then give them to domestics, you can't get a tax write-off as easily otherwise. :D

Fun fact, as various championship events need merch to sell right after the final game, the companies produce products for both teams. The losing team merch (mostly the clothes) ends up being shipped off to various countries that can benefit from said free clothing.
I always wondered what happened to the losing team's "championship" clothes. I'm glad they are being put to good use and not simply being destroyed!

Wizzard419

Post by Wizzard419 » Jul Sun 07, 2013 12:06 pm

They used to be forced to destroy them since there were team logos and this caused issues if the public got ahold of them.

But now you have world vision creating a bizzaro alternate universe where different teams win...

Cardinals314
Peter Pan's Flight Pixie Duster

Post by Cardinals314 » Jul Sun 07, 2013 3:07 pm

I would be so tempted to go there and ask a person to trade me one of the championship shirts for whatever they want.
My WDW Trip Report March 2013

"I don't want to be a product of my environment. I want my environment to be a product of me"

theBIGyowski
Tom Sawyer Island Rafts Skipper

Post by theBIGyowski » Jul Mon 08, 2013 10:14 pm

Plenty of Texas, LSU, and Notre Dame championship shirts in third world countries right now. ;)

(check the avatar if you need a hint)

1986: Offsite
1997: Offsite
2001: Coronado Springs
2008: Shades of Green / Saratoga Springs (WDW Half Marathon)
2009: Port Orleans French Quarter (WDW Half Marathon)
2010: Port Orleans Riverside (Honeymoon)
2011: Old Key West / Bay Lake Tower
2014: Kidani Village
2015: Old Key West (5th Wedding Anniversary)
2016: Old Key West (Kids' first WDW vacation in December!)

cy1229
Country Bear Jamboree Greeter

Post by cy1229 » Jul Wed 10, 2013 12:58 pm

theBIGyowski wrote:Plenty of Texas, LSU, and Notre Dame championship shirts in third world countries right now. ;)

(check the avatar if you need a hint)
You just had to pick that scab, didn't ya? :P :P :roll: :roll: :roll: :lol:
Polynesian 1980
All-Star Movies 2001
Pop Century 2008
Saratoga Springs 2010
Bay Lake Tower 2012
Hyatt Place Anaheim Resort/Convention Center 2015
Marriott Anaheim Suites 2016

Cardinals314

Post by Cardinals314 » Jul Sun 14, 2013 9:32 pm

Getting back to the topic, the FAQ for FastPass+ has been updated recently on the disney website suggests:

4 FP+ experiences per day, up from 3. (Original testing from 2012 allocated 4 FP+ experiences per day.)

FP+ testing will continue. It seems the most recent limited test in June did not go particularly well.

Only onsite guests with vacation packages will be "eligible" for FastPass+ while the system remains in test.

Disney received strong negative feedback on the "groupings" offered for FP+ selections. It seems guests want to be able to pick whatever they want. Consequently, Disney may eliminate these. If these groupings are eliminated, I'm not sure how many will use FP+ selections for It's a Small World.:D
FP+ experiences will be linked to tickets. For example, a 7-day ticket receives 7 days worth of FP+.

Eventually DVC members will be eligible for FP+ but will need to link their tickets to their DVC point stays. Details to be announced (much?) later.
No official word on how FP+ eventually will work for offsite guests. For now, they will only be able to use FP.

(The last point has me wondering if WDW is considering keeping FP permanently for offsite guests.)
My WDW Trip Report March 2013

"I don't want to be a product of my environment. I want my environment to be a product of me"

Wizzard419

Post by Wizzard419 » Jul Sun 14, 2013 9:51 pm

That wouldn't go over well if resort guests had less access to FPs than off-site guests. It would also make the name somewhat incorrect since it isn't an add-on to the existing system but rather a replacement. It is still in test, which means the final system isn't rolled out yet, so there is still nothing set in stone.

cy1229

Post by cy1229 » Jul Mon 15, 2013 10:27 am

The other part of it has me wondering... if DVC members' use of FP+ is linked to their points, and they "give" (i.e. rent) their points to a third party, how does the third party guest get the FP+? Or is it just a wash for those people?
Polynesian 1980
All-Star Movies 2001
Pop Century 2008
Saratoga Springs 2010
Bay Lake Tower 2012

Wizzard419

Post by Wizzard419 » Jul Mon 15, 2013 1:43 pm

As Disney does not support or condone 3rd party sales of points (and will not help you if a deal goes poorly), my guess is you are on your own.

theBIGyowski

Post by theBIGyowski » Jul Mon 15, 2013 4:21 pm

The only thing I can imagine is that guests who are staying on property would have more FP access than those staying offsite. I want to say that USO has something similar...where you can get more and faster access to their version of FP if you are staying in one of their resorts. Disney couldn't possible hold every guest that goes through their park gates in their resorts...they just don't have the room. Because of this, they cannot restrict or limit what off-site guests have access to, meaning you can't take things away. But, you can give on-site guests a few perks like they already do with EMH. So I would just say give on-site guests the ability to add a few extra FPs each day that won't step on their normal FPs. I would love this...knowing that I could get a FP for certain attractions like TSM without waiting in line just to get that FP.

Either that...or scrap FP altogether. Let supply/demand regulate the lines.

1986: Offsite
1997: Offsite
2001: Coronado Springs
2008: Shades of Green / Saratoga Springs (WDW Half Marathon)
2009: Port Orleans French Quarter (WDW Half Marathon)
2010: Port Orleans Riverside (Honeymoon)
2011: Old Key West / Bay Lake Tower
2014: Kidani Village
2015: Old Key West (5th Wedding Anniversary)
2016: Old Key West (Kids' first WDW vacation in December!)

Wizzard419

Post by Wizzard419 » Jul Mon 15, 2013 4:54 pm

Plus, having actual data on how regular fastpass users (if they get tied to the band as well) would give them better data. Such as if they can reliably predict the percentage of people who obtain the pass and then do not use it, they could adjust the number of passes issued.

cy1229

Post by cy1229 » Jul Mon 15, 2013 4:58 pm

Wizzard419 wrote:... Such as if they can reliably predict the percentage of people who obtain the pass and then do not use it, they could adjust the number of passes issued.
Boy that would suck, though, if someone couldn't get a FP who would use it, because some other moron got one and then didn't use it.
Polynesian 1980
All-Star Movies 2001
Pop Century 2008
Saratoga Springs 2010
Bay Lake Tower 2012