Disney Hollywood Studios Expansion Rumored

All four parks, waterparks, and other magic in Central Florida

Moderator: Moderators

BuzzyFan
Sleeping Beauty Castle Guard
Sleeping Beauty Castle Guard

Re: Disney Hollywood Studios Expansion Rumored

Post by BuzzyFan » Jun Tue 18, 2013 6:44 pm

Soarin08 wrote:I HIGHLY HIGHLY doubt we are getting Cars Land. Disney wouldn't hopefully be that stupid to replicate one of DL's biggest draws on the East Coast. Then there is no need to go out West and see DL in its entirety.

Don't believe the blogs guys come on... They pull stuff out of their behinds like mad and everyone believes it. :roll:
I think it'll depend on what TDO thinks of how much business Universal does by replicating Transformers, among other things. (Eventually Disney may cotton on to the notion of keeping pace or trying to lead, rather than catching up.) WDW itself certainly isn't a unique experience, when you get down to it... Plenty of the MK is reproduced from DL, if with modifications. DHS has notable attractions reproduced from the West Coast. Soarin' itself is lifted directly from California, after all -- no one even bothered to put together a new film before the thing landed at Epcot. The case could be made that there's no need to see DL in its entirety anyway.

Gotta say, I'm not having too much trouble imagining Cars Land making the trip. Happy about it? No, not really, but unique creativity really isn't as huge in WDI's wheelhouse as it could be. (It's probably less expensive to put together new areas based on plans that have already been through development up to construction and operation, for one thing, but I'm guessing that.)

yodiwan1
Storybookland Canal Boats Mate
Storybookland Canal Boats Mate

Post by yodiwan1 » Jun Tue 18, 2013 7:09 pm

The Disney corporation golden egg is WDW, when it comes to $$$. To them, then don't care where people go, as long as they go. Hence to them it would make sense to include the "big buzz" at DL, here at WDW. When DL got Splash Mountain and it was a huge success, they quickly replicated here. Yes it is one attraction, as opposed to an entire land, but that is just one example of them doing it. DL may be the original, but WDW is by far the more popular place to go.
"hold on to them hats and glasses, cause this here's the wildest ride in the wilderness!!"

Wizzard419
Pirates of the Caribbean Buccaneer

Post by Wizzard419 » Jun Tue 18, 2013 7:28 pm

No, their golden egg is their network broadcast division with ESPN being the company's crown jewel. :D

Cardinals314
Peter Pan's Flight Pixie Duster

Post by Cardinals314 » Jun Tue 18, 2013 7:50 pm

yodiwan1 wrote:The Disney corporation golden egg is WDW, when it comes to $$$. To them, then don't care where people go, as long as they go. Hence to them it would make sense to include the "big buzz" at DL, here at WDW. When DL got Splash Mountain and it was a huge success, they quickly replicated here. Yes it is one attraction, as opposed to an entire land, but that is just one example of them doing it. DL may be the original, but WDW is by far the more popular place to go.
They also did it recently for Under the Sea at New Fantasyland
My WDW Trip Report March 2013

"I don't want to be a product of my environment. I want my environment to be a product of me"

CCAS116
Main Street Horse Car Coachman
Main Street Horse Car Coachman

Post by CCAS116 » Jun Thu 20, 2013 6:51 am

Interesting news. I do hope the GMR stays in some form or fashion. A complete, more immersive redesign would be nice...just so long as it has the spirit of the old ride!

MetalRage
Flight to the Moon Flight Director
Flight to the Moon Flight Director

Post by MetalRage » Jun Fri 21, 2013 8:34 pm

The only reason I go to HS is for The Tower Of Terror, the Rockin' Rollercoaster and Fantasmic. I would really like to see the park grow and expanded.
"When you're curious, you find lots of interesting things to do. And one thing it takes to accomplish something is courage." - Walt Disney :mickey3:

[url=http://www.userbars.com][img]http://img4.imageshack.us/img4/9147/userbar721338ez4.gif[/img][/url]

"We wants the redhead!"

Cardinals314

Post by Cardinals314 » Jul Wed 10, 2013 1:10 am

News coming from DHS that Beauty and the Beast will end its run following the Holiday season. Right now, with no replacement as no show has gotten budget approval and likely won't until the entire Studios Extreme (or Less) Makeover gets decided on. Considering the success DCA castoff Block Party Bash had there, it's very likely that approval will also be given to take the current Pixar Parade when it ends its run in Anaheim. Also, the American Idol Experience will be closing down by the end of second quarter 2014 as well with the space repurposed with a new attraction.

The news is that these decisions have been made and will happen regardless of exactly how much money the BoD decides to spend on DHS

"I don't want to be a product of my environment. I want my environment to be a product of me"

cy1229
Country Bear Jamboree Greeter
Country Bear Jamboree Greeter

Post by cy1229 » Jul Wed 10, 2013 1:04 pm

Cardinals314 wrote:News coming from DHS that Beauty and the Beast will end its run following the Holiday season. Right now, with no replacement as no show has gotten budget approval and likely won't until the entire Studios Extreme (or Less) Makeover gets decided on. Considering the success DCA castoff Block Party Bash had there, it's very likely that approval will also be given to take the current Pixar Parade when it ends its run in Anaheim. Also, the American Idol Experience will be closing down by the end of second quarter 2014 as well with the space repurposed with a new attraction.

The news is that these decisions have been made and will happen regardless of exactly how much money the BoD decides to spend on DHS
Thank God American Idol is going away. I hated that.

That whole area of DHS needs to be revamped. It would be nice to see attractions that are just as attracting as ToT and RnR. Don't have to be thrill rides, just well done. I guess now we know the life span of a mostly-shows park. 15 years, give or take.
Polynesian 1980
All-Star Movies 2001
Pop Century 2008
Saratoga Springs 2010
Bay Lake Tower 2012
Hyatt Place Anaheim Resort/Convention Center 2015
Marriott Anaheim Suites 2016

GoldenBear
Casey Junior Circus Train Conductor
Casey Junior Circus Train Conductor

Post by GoldenBear » Jul Wed 10, 2013 1:15 pm

Agreed, the whole backlot area (save for Midway Mania) seems to be a dying spot in the park. So many good movie ideas they could take advantage of. Doesn't need to be another themed land, but it would be nice for them to revamp that area. New Great Movie Ride, maybe an interactive show.

Wizzard419

Post by Wizzard419 » Jul Wed 10, 2013 1:31 pm

I didn't know American Idol was still running, did they still give the "front of line" passes for the tryouts if you win at WDW?

Cardinals314

Post by Cardinals314 » Jul Wed 10, 2013 3:57 pm

Wizzard419 wrote:I didn't know American Idol was still running, did they still give the "front of line" passes for the tryouts if you win at WDW?
Yes what's really sad is that Fastpass+ is being installed there as well

rusafee1183
Swiss Family Treehouse Guide
Swiss Family Treehouse Guide

Post by rusafee1183 » Jul Thu 11, 2013 7:25 pm

MetalRage wrote:The only reason I go to HS is for The Tower Of Terror, the Rockin' Rollercoaster and Fantasmic. I would really like to see the park grow and expanded.
I totally agree. DHS is our least facorite park and I would love to see it updated.

Even just a refurb to GMR would be great! Excited to see what they plan to do here :D

Wyntuck
Fantasyland Theater Projectionist

Post by Wyntuck » Jul Sun 14, 2013 9:08 pm

OK, Forget about the Studios. I'm just amazed that Wizzard419 has more than FORTY ONE HUNDRED POSTS!

Wyntuck

Post by Wyntuck » Jul Sun 14, 2013 9:12 pm

I sincerely doubt LMA will go away anytime soon. A lot invested in that show and venue, and it's not even 10 years old yet.

Wizzard419

Post by Wizzard419 » Jul Sun 14, 2013 9:53 pm

If you count the original, it's been in operation for over 10 years. :D