All four parks, waterparks, and other magic in Central Florida

Moderator: Moderators

CCAS116
Main Street Horse Car Coachman
Main Street Horse Car Coachman

Re: Which are the best restaurants in Downtown Disney

Post by CCAS116 » Jun Tue 04, 2013 4:10 pm

sfein wrote:
Soarin08 wrote:T-Rex is better than Rainforest.
I second this T-Rex statement. We have (actually had, they just closed) a Rainforest Cafe near my home and I also went to the one at Animal Kingdom and neither compared to T-Rex. I found the decorations to be a lot better and I also liked the fact that different parts of the restaurant were themed differently. I sat in the undersea area, but had to walk through the Ice Age to get to the rest rooms.

Definitely a place to visit.
Couldn't agree more! The T-Rex theme is amazing, and the atmosphere is really fun.

Goofyfan
Snow White's Adventures Gem Miner

Post by Goofyfan » Jun Tue 04, 2013 5:21 pm

Will have to try the T-Rex next time down. Sounds like a fun and interesting place. :goofy:

Brian845
Mike Fink Keel Boats Boatswain
Mike Fink Keel Boats Boatswain

Post by Brian845 » Jun Wed 05, 2013 8:58 am

Goofyfan wrote:Will have to try the T-Rex next time down. Sounds like a fun and interesting place. :goofy:
We went to the T-Rex Cafe on our last trip and had a fun time, or so I thought! I was planning a repeat visit for our next trip, but then my wife reminded me that both kids were wearing ear plugs the whole time. That place is *loud*!

Goofyfan

Post by Goofyfan » Jun Wed 05, 2013 6:20 pm

Brian845 wrote:
Goofyfan wrote:Will have to try the T-Rex next time down. Sounds like a fun and interesting place. :goofy:
We went to the T-Rex Cafe on our last trip and had a fun time, or so I thought! I was planning a repeat visit for our next trip, but then my wife reminded me that both kids were wearing ear plugs the whole time. That place is *loud*!

Good to know. Thanks. :D :goofy:

Cardinals314
Peter Pan's Flight Pixie Duster
Peter Pan's Flight Pixie Duster

Post by Cardinals314 » Jun Wed 12, 2013 6:38 pm

Earl of Sandwich is fantastic. It is definitely the best quick counter service at Downtown Disney. For table service, I would go with Raglan Road. Raglan Road is one of the best restaurants at Downtown Disney and it takes the Dining Plan. The evening entertainment is fun without being intrusive and the food and service are first rate as well.
My WDW Trip Report March 2013

"I don't want to be a product of my environment. I want my environment to be a product of me"

BuzzyFan
Sleeping Beauty Castle Guard
Sleeping Beauty Castle Guard

Post by BuzzyFan » Jun Tue 18, 2013 3:53 pm

Cardinals314 wrote:Earl of Sandwich is fantastic. It is definitely the best quick counter service at Downtown Disney. For table service, I would go with Raglan Road. Raglan Road is one of the best restaurants at Downtown Disney and it takes the Dining Plan. The evening entertainment is fun without being intrusive and the food and service are first rate as well.
Back when the Orlando Science Center ran its summer rock music laser shows, I'd make the run from Tampa to Orlando to spend the day at OSC and see a few of the shows, then I'd make the trip back with a stop at DTD for Raglan Road's pub grub. Absolutely, positively worth it!