Long Lost Friends...Were they really that lost???

All four parks, waterparks, and other magic in Central Florida

Moderator: Moderators

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Re: Long Lost Friends...Were they really that lost???

Post by Amy » Mar Tue 26, 2013 6:31 pm

I think they are two totally different attractions when you really think about it. A quick glance says, sure, they are both games. But in Buzz you are completely immersed and helping fight the bad guy. You are moving in your astroblaster in a row with other people and shooting your little laser canon. You get to choose which targets you are aiming for all around the attraction.
In Toy Story mania you are in your vehicle with two people right behind you on the other side of the vehicle. You are still using technology to shoot things, but you are whipped from game to game and then stop and play that game for just a little while before whizzing along to the next game.
Both attractions have excellent theming and are worth a shot. Just be aware that the vehicles spin around pretty quickly on Toy Story Mania. You don't control the spin of the attraction vehicle like you do in Buzz. It always elicited a little gasp from F1gment whenever we took off in Toy Story Mania because it really moves fast!

cy1229
Country Bear Jamboree Greeter
Country Bear Jamboree Greeter

Post by cy1229 » Mar Wed 27, 2013 10:00 am

What I meant was that they aren't a whole lot different from playing video games at home, but yeah, they are much different experiences. If someone has never done either, I would highly recommend at least one shot (haha shot, get the pun) at each of them. With TSMM it is absolutely imperative that you get to DHS before rope drop, and then make a beeline with the rest of the free world to get fast passes. Otherwise, you will have to wait literally two hours to take a 2.5 minute ride. IMHO, after doing it once, more time in the parks is more important. But it should be done at least once in a person's lifetime. You won't have as much of a wait on Buzz, and fastpasses are usually readily available.
Polynesian 1980
All-Star Movies 2001
Pop Century 2008
Saratoga Springs 2010
Bay Lake Tower 2012
Hyatt Place Anaheim Resort/Convention Center 2015
Marriott Anaheim Suites 2016

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Mar Wed 27, 2013 10:06 am

cy1229 wrote:What I meant was that they aren't a whole lot different from playing video games at home, but yeah, they are much different experiences. If someone has never done either, I would highly recommend at least one shot (haha shot, get the pun) at each of them. With TSMM it is absolutely imperative that you get to DHS before rope drop, and then make a beeline with the rest of the free world to get fast passes. Otherwise, you will have to wait literally two hours to take a 2.5 minute ride. IMHO, after doing it once, more time in the parks is more important. But it should be done at least once in a person's lifetime. You won't have as much of a wait on Buzz, and fastpasses are usually readily available.
Good points! You definitely want to get to Toy Story Mania early ~ to either get a fastpass, ride stand-by before the queue gets unbearably long, or both. Buzz does tend to be a bit more manageable, but is still quite popular.

Soarin08
Skyway Loader
Skyway Loader

Post by Soarin08 » Mar Wed 27, 2013 2:05 pm

cy1229 wrote:
Sharonofwindham wrote:
Soarin08 wrote:I will agree. Disney was and never will be for children. It is for EVERYONE and that is why I can't stand people who want the parks to focus more on kids. For those of us who grew up with Disney classics that aren't popular as much or who don't always need a franchise tie-in for an attraction to be appealing, this practice is growing old.

Personally I'll take Haunted Mansion with no movie ties over Toy Story Mania any day.
Well said, Soarin08, well said :mickey:
How is Toy Story Mania different from the attraction in MK? Isn't it another oversized video game? :?
Oh, no!

Well, yeah, but NO!

Ok let me explain. The oversized video game that is Buzz is pretty simplistic. TSMM is much better, and a lot of fun. The Wii game is JUST like it, with the exception of 3D, and the way the objects are fired. Personally, I think TSMM is much more fun than Buzz, but there is NO WAY ON THIS GREEN EARTH that I'll wait 45 minutes or more to ride. Too short.
I tend to have good luck with the TSMM stand-by queue. I typically can ride in under 45 minutes since once they see I am a single, they pull me and send me through the handicapped queue to fill in gaps there.

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Mar Wed 27, 2013 7:32 pm

Soarin08 wrote:I tend to have good luck with the TSMM stand-by queue. I typically can ride in under 45 minutes since once they see I am a single, they pull me and send me through the handicapped queue to fill in gaps there.
That's good to know. I generally only went with F1gment so we went through the accessible side. The first time we went, the CM directed us to the other side of the queue where my poor Mom had such a hard time trying to make the turns. Then the CMs and other guests were a bit impatient while we were loading. We had much better success going through the other queue where she wasn't rushed in any way. The upside of that first time in the stand by queue is we were able to see the Mr. Potato Head show...over and over and over :shock:

Brian845
Mike Fink Keel Boats Boatswain

Post by Brian845 » Apr Fri 26, 2013 1:16 pm

I'd like to see the Cheshire Cat in Disneyworld, to my knowledge he's only appeared in Disneyland.

:ccat: :ccat: :ccat:

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Apr Fri 26, 2013 7:42 pm

Brian845 wrote:I'd like to see the Cheshire Cat in Disneyworld, to my knowledge he's only appeared in Disneyland.

He appeared as a meet and great character? Cool!

yodiwan1
Storybookland Canal Boats Mate
Storybookland Canal Boats Mate

Post by yodiwan1 » Apr Tue 30, 2013 8:42 am

Chesire is at WDW, he's just always invisible!!! lol j/k
"hold on to them hats and glasses, cause this here's the wildest ride in the wilderness!!"

Sharonofwindham
Shooting Galleries Gun Cleaner
Shooting Galleries Gun Cleaner

Post by Sharonofwindham » Apr Tue 30, 2013 11:49 am

Brian845 wrote:I'd like to see the Cheshire Cat in Disneyworld, to my knowledge he's only appeared in Disneyland.

I would love to see more of ALL the Alice in Wonderland characters :ccat: :hatter_bounce:

Brian845

Post by Brian845 » May Wed 01, 2013 3:37 pm

Sharonofwindham wrote:

I would love to see more of ALL the Alice in Wonderland characters :ccat: :hatter_bounce:
Mad Hatter and Alice have been in some of the parades. I think they're also at the Grand Floridian. No Cheshire cat tho:(.

fancyfeet
Dumbo Flying Elephants Tamer
Dumbo Flying Elephants Tamer

Post by fancyfeet » May Sun 05, 2013 1:38 pm

Is Bullseye one of the characters available at MGM? I always forget to go into their character experience but I would love a pic with him!!! :)