New Test Track?

All four parks, waterparks, and other magic in Central Florida

Moderator: Moderators

kelato89
Sleeping Beauty Castle Guard
Sleeping Beauty Castle Guard

Re: New Test Track?

Post by kelato89 » Jul Tue 17, 2012 10:18 am

It's about time this ride got a refurb! Last time I rode it I was so bored.

The good thing about it being closed is that they're keeping Soarin' open later than usual, and no one seems to realize that, so after the fireworks we got on with no wait :ccat:

Wizzard419
Pirates of the Caribbean Buccaneer

Post by Wizzard419 » Jul Tue 17, 2012 11:46 am

They don't run the attraction during the EMH? I didn't know that (then again, I never went on the florida version since we have it here).

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Jul Tue 17, 2012 8:27 pm

kelato89 wrote:It's about time this ride got a refurb! Last time I rode it I was so bored.

The good thing about it being closed is that they're keeping Soarin' open later than usual, and no one seems to realize that, so after the fireworks we got on with no wait :ccat:
That is pretty nice that they are keeping Soarin' open later ~ and that very few guests realize that it is open! Great for you :D

Sleepy90
Flight to the Moon Flight Director

Post by Sleepy90 » Jul Wed 18, 2012 3:14 am

Wizzard419 wrote:They don't run the attraction during the EMH? I didn't know that (then again, I never went on the florida version since we have it here).
Oh yes they do. Well they do in February anyway I have had a Soarin Fest during EMH rode 4 times without leaving my seat it was a very slow night according to the Cast Members.

junebug1233
Swiss Family Treehouse Guide
Swiss Family Treehouse Guide

Post by junebug1233 » Jul Wed 18, 2012 10:30 am

kelato89 wrote:It's about time this ride got a refurb! Last time I rode it I was so bored.

I can't imagine finding Test Track boring! There are so many other rides in WDW with much less going on! It's not even that I really like cars, but the ride is just plain fun!

Wizzard419

Post by Wizzard419 » Jul Wed 18, 2012 11:26 am

Ah, I was wondering why they would ever run it on reduced hours since it's a more popular ride. They even keep universe of energy open during EMH.

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Jul Wed 18, 2012 11:28 am

Wizzard419 wrote:Ah, I was wondering why they would ever run it on reduced hours since it's a more popular ride. They even keep universe of energy open during EMH.
As for the Universe of Energy...not always open during EMH, and not for the full EMH. It was open when we were there for EMH, but only for an extra hour or two. I think it closed down about 2 or 3 hours before the rest of the park did.
Last edited by Amy on Jul Wed 18, 2012 3:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wizzard419

Post by Wizzard419 » Jul Wed 18, 2012 11:41 am

Ah, so does the whole pavillion close early or just soarin'? If the whole thing closes then I could understand locking the line down early to get rid of the backlog. I don't think the DCA version runs on limited hours. During the off season toy story mania might not open until noon though.

Goofyfan
Snow White's Adventures Gem Miner
Snow White's Adventures Gem Miner

Post by Goofyfan » Jul Wed 18, 2012 2:25 pm

Amy wrote:

That is pretty nice that they are keeping Soarin' open later ~ and that very few guests realize that it is open! Great for you :D

That's nice to know. Love Soarin' :D :D :D :goofy:

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Jul Wed 18, 2012 3:19 pm

Wizzard419 wrote:Ah, so does the whole pavillion close early or just soarin'? If the whole thing closes then I could understand locking the line down early to get rid of the backlog. I don't think the DCA version runs on limited hours. During the off season toy story mania might not open until noon though.
Not sure about The Land ~ I was talking about the Universe of Energy. I edited my post to make it more clear. I would guess the entire pavilion of The Land would be open longer. The Living with the Land boat attraction definitely closes early. Not sure about the Circle of Life movie. That might keep running since that would probably only require one CM to operate. I would guess the Food Court wouldn't stay open late either.

Wizzard419

Post by Wizzard419 » Jul Wed 18, 2012 4:01 pm

Ah, since the land is mostly just a food court they might use the time to clean up/restock everything for the next day, probably for a similar reason as well. During the slower times of year at DLR it's not unusual to see a portion of the thrill rides delayed in opening because the work crews have been reduced.

Sleepy90

Post by Sleepy90 » Jul Wed 18, 2012 4:09 pm

Amy wrote:
Wizzard419 wrote:Ah, so does the whole pavillion close early or just soarin'? If the whole thing closes then I could understand locking the line down early to get rid of the backlog. I don't think the DCA version runs on limited hours. During the off season toy story mania might not open until noon though.
Not sure about The Land ~ I was talking about the Universe of Energy. I edited my post to make it more clear. I would guess the entire pavilion of The Land would be open longer. The Living with the Land boat attraction definitely closes early. Not sure about the Circle of Life movie. That might keep running since that would probably only require one CM to operate. I would guess the Food Court wouldn't stay open late either.
Had to think long and hard about this but when we were there in February we had reservations at the Garden Grill. We left there around 8O'clock and rode Soarin before going out to get a spot for illuminations. Soarin was still running but everything else in the pavillion was closed apart from who were left in the Garden Grill eating.

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Jul Wed 18, 2012 5:49 pm

Sleepy90 wrote:
Amy wrote:
Had to think long and hard about this but when we were there in February we had reservations at the Garden Grill. We left there around 8O'clock and rode Soarin before going out to get a spot for illuminations. Soarin was still running but everything else in the pavillion was closed apart from who were left in the Garden Grill eating.
Thanks Sleepy :D