Disney Tastes

All four parks, waterparks, and other magic in Central Florida

Moderator: Moderators

DisneyYorkie
Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln Usher
Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln Usher

Re: Disney Tastes

Post by DisneyYorkie » May Thu 17, 2012 11:28 am

BenB wrote: I'm just talking about counter service too. We have to do WDW on the cheap so we don't get to go to the sit down restaurants anymore.
I feel you there! We have to really scrimp and save to be able to do what we do at Disney. We had not been since 2006 though and were determined that we were going to do it right this time, since we don't know when we will get to go back again!
You've got serious thrill issues dude. - Crush. Finding Nemo

Epcotmaniac
Autopian Mechanic
Autopian Mechanic

Post by Epcotmaniac » May Thu 17, 2012 1:09 pm

I dont know if it was named s'mores cheesecake but back in 2006 I had a lot of some Cheesecake with a topping of chocolate and little marshmallows at the Pop Century. I have never seen it again there and I really miss it. Its the Disneytaste for me.

cy1229
Country Bear Jamboree Greeter

Post by cy1229 » May Thu 17, 2012 5:29 pm

I haven't had Canadian Cheddar soup since... wow I think since 2008. My mouth is WATERING now. My college dorm used to make homemade soup, and "Canadian Cheese" was one of them. That was the only recipe they wouldn't give to students. I think it had a "secret ingredient" that not all residents could purchase legally, if you know what I mean! :) They also made something called "mulligatawny" soup and it was really really good and I haven't found a recipe.

Now I'm waaayyy off track, have to shut up. Don't want Len's yard stick cracking down on my head.
Polynesian 1980
All-Star Movies 2001
Pop Century 2008
Saratoga Springs 2010
Bay Lake Tower 2012
Hyatt Place Anaheim Resort/Convention Center 2015
Marriott Anaheim Suites 2016

momeja
Rocket Jets Flight Director
Rocket Jets Flight Director

Post by momeja » May Thu 17, 2012 6:23 pm

cy1229 wrote:
Well, since taste is mostly smell.... it's pretty hard to separate the two. :)
I think it depends on the person. One of the reasons I started this thread is that I couldn't think of any smells that recalled Disney for me, but I have some very specific taste memories of Disney foods (like the Dole Whip). Just thinking of them recalls the taste for me. But ask me what a Dole Whip smells like and I'm like... huh?

Another great taste memory (which I haven't had in years and years): the Smokey Portobello Mushroom Soup at Artist Point. I can still taste it in my memory, and it's been 7 years since I've had a bowl.

leblanan
Mike Fink Keel Boats Boatswain

Post by leblanan » May Fri 18, 2012 8:54 am

momeja wrote:
cy1229 wrote:
Well, since taste is mostly smell.... it's pretty hard to separate the two. :)
I think it depends on the person. One of the reasons I started this thread is that I couldn't think of any smells that recalled Disney for me, but I have some very specific taste memories of Disney foods (like the Dole Whip). Just thinking of them recalls the taste for me. But ask me what a Dole Whip smells like and I'm like... huh?

Another great taste memory (which I haven't had in years and years): the Smokey Portobello Mushroom Soup at Artist Point. I can still taste it in my memory, and it's been 7 years since I've had a bowl.

I forgot about that soup. That one tastes amazing as well.
"now, bring me that horizon"

Sharonofwindham
Shooting Galleries Gun Cleaner

Post by Sharonofwindham » May Sat 19, 2012 1:13 pm

Anything from the Main Street Bakery, Starring Rolls Bakery, or Boardwalk Bakery...YUM :hatter_bounce: :ccat:

mills10
Motor Boat Cruise Skipper
Motor Boat Cruise Skipper

Post by mills10 » May Mon 21, 2012 6:34 am

This is not the thread to read when you have just woken up!! I am starving now and have to wait for my wife to wake up for breakfast!! One of my favorite tastes is the mini corndogs from Casey's Corner!

Thumper1

Post by Thumper1 » May Thu 24, 2012 1:19 pm

Casey's hot dogs and ANYTHING from Liberty Tree Tavern!!! Loved the desert so much last year i brought home the recipe!!! Tony's spagetti is awesome too!!! they really know how to feed you well at wdw!! :D

mjmcsl4me

Post by mjmcsl4me » May Thu 24, 2012 4:46 pm

Some of mine..... the big giant chocolate chip cookie as we leave Animal Kingdom, the ice cream at Hollywood Studios Hollywood Scoops place...I can still taste it and remember sitting back in our favorite hide out behind the coffee place near Tower of Terror. Then there was this strawberry cheesecake dessert I believe it was at the Electric Umbrella? Well, I guess I've summed up some desserts. I will have to come back with other tastes......

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » May Thu 24, 2012 5:40 pm

brerrabbit1 wrote:Casey's hot dogs and ANYTHING from Liberty Tree Tavern!!! Loved the desert so much last year i brought home the recipe!!! Tony's spagetti is awesome too!!! they really know how to feed you well at wdw!! :D
What was the dessert? Is it an easy recipe to make?

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » May Thu 24, 2012 5:40 pm

mjmcsl4me wrote:Some of mine..... the big giant chocolate chip cookie as we leave Animal Kingdom, the ice cream at Hollywood Studios Hollywood Scoops place...I can still taste it and remember sitting back in our favorite hide out behind the coffee place near Tower of Terror. Then there was this strawberry cheesecake dessert I believe it was at the Electric Umbrella? Well, I guess I've summed up some desserts. I will have to come back with other tastes......
:lol: You sound like me ~ I like the desserts and can remember them more than most of the other foods :lol:

Sharonofwindham

Post by Sharonofwindham » May Thu 24, 2012 8:54 pm

Anyone ever had a "cinnamon yummy" at the boardwalk bakery? It's a type of cinnamon bun that is extra gooey and delicious...it's kind of the BB's signature breakfast item :goofy_bounce: :hatter_bounce:

mjmcsl4me

Post by mjmcsl4me » May Thu 24, 2012 9:17 pm

Amy wrote:
mjmcsl4me wrote:Some of mine..... the big giant chocolate chip cookie as we leave Animal Kingdom, the ice cream at Hollywood Studios Hollywood Scoops place...I can still taste it and remember sitting back in our favorite hide out behind the coffee place near Tower of Terror. Then there was this strawberry cheesecake dessert I believe it was at the Electric Umbrella? Well, I guess I've summed up some desserts. I will have to come back with other tastes......
:lol: You sound like me ~ I like the desserts and can remember them more than most of the other foods :lol:
I know! I'm trying to rack my brain for other foods!

Mark86
Mad Tea Party Host
Mad Tea Party Host

Post by Mark86 » May Thu 24, 2012 11:14 pm

My favorite Disney taste is the aftertaste of O'hana sticky wings! Ghiradelli banana splits get honorable mention.
Mark86

cy1229

Post by cy1229 » May Fri 25, 2012 9:49 am

brerrabbit1 wrote:Casey's hot dogs and ANYTHING from Liberty Tree Tavern!!! Loved the desert so much last year i brought home the recipe!!! Tony's spagetti is awesome too!!! they really know how to feed you well at wdw!! :D
I have to agree with that last sentence. Even the "worst" meal I've had at WDW has been better than many I've had outside of WDW.
Polynesian 1980
All-Star Movies 2001
Pop Century 2008
Saratoga Springs 2010
Bay Lake Tower 2012
Hyatt Place Anaheim Resort/Convention Center 2015
Marriott Anaheim Suites 2016