Carousel of Progress in need of TLC!

All four parks, waterparks, and other magic in Central Florida

Moderator: Moderators

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Re: Carousel of Progress in need of TLC!

Post by Amy » Apr Tue 17, 2012 7:10 pm

If it ever came to them closing CoP, I would seriously have to find a financier and purchase the whole attraction and have it moved to wherever I happened to live at the time!

cousininmiami
Davy Crockett's Explorer Canoes Guide

Post by cousininmiami » Apr Tue 17, 2012 9:02 pm

Amy wrote:If it ever came to them closing CoP, I would seriously have to find a financier and purchase the whole attraction and have it moved to wherever I happened to live at the time!
Oh Geeeeze, I'm with you Amy!!! Shopping for the Carousel of Progress!! It's a great big beautiful tomorrow...

But in reality just some fixing up would be nice! I clean my house every week, if there are scuff marks on the walls I scrub them or paint them. I vacuum, dust and clean up the baseball clay all over the house! HOw tough is it to clean it every night? Seriously the CM's should demand it!!

Then... I would totally "Horizon's" the entire last scene! 8-)
°o° "...it's a great big beautiful tomorrow, shining at the end of every day" °o°

Wizzard419
Pirates of the Caribbean Buccaneer

Post by Wizzard419 » Apr Tue 17, 2012 9:08 pm

I don't think the people who work the ride want to spend part of their day cleaning. I do wonder, in low interest attractions, do they put people with more seniority there or less?

I too would horizon the ride, as in demolish it and replace it with an E Ticket (oh snap!) :D

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Apr Wed 18, 2012 6:17 am

Wizzard419 wrote:...I too would horizon the ride, as in demolish it and replace it with an E Ticket (oh snap!) :D
Bad Wizzard :shock: No biscuit!! :evil:

jiminycricket
Fantasyland Theater Projectionist
Fantasyland Theater Projectionist

Post by jiminycricket » Apr Thu 19, 2012 5:54 pm

more attractions are starting to look run down! This ride has a connection to Walt and I believe he wouldnt be happy with the way things look or with the way the parks are ran! It seems that other than the name, the management wants nothing to do with Walt, the Disney legacy, or the history of what made this place the happiest place on earth!

figmentaholic
PeopleMover People Mover
PeopleMover People Mover

Post by figmentaholic » Apr Sun 22, 2012 4:51 pm

Amy wrote:If it ever came to them closing CoP, I would seriously have to find a financier and purchase the whole attraction and have it moved to wherever I happened to live at the time!

Considering it was one of Walt's ride, I severely doubt that they would ever close the CoP.
[url=http://www.userbars.com][img]http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3377/3256433787_87963f58e0.jpg[/img][/url]
[url=http://www.userbars.com][img]http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x147/sandwich_boy_photos/epcot.jpg[/img][/url]
[url=http://www.userbars.com][img]http://www.dansmith.ca/userbars/userbars/figment.gif[/img][/url]
[url=http://www.userbars.com][img]http://www.dansmith.ca/userbars/userbars/dreamfinder-fan.gif[/img][/url]
[url=http://www.userbars.com][img]http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3386/3256432811_caa1112463.jpg[/img][/url]

DisneyYorkie
Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln Usher
Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln Usher

Post by DisneyYorkie » Apr Tue 24, 2012 4:55 pm

cousininmiami wrote: This is to the left of the stage right where the CM picks up the phone to talk. Seriously, this is so un-Disney like to see it looking so beat up and in need of freshening up! How much can a can of paint cost? And maybe some glue to stick the carpeting back down? I don't think Walt would have liked this very much :(
We just saw CoP on Friday. I was dismayed at the condition of the theater. The carpets were filthy as were the seats. I hope they don't remove the attraction as it is a true classic, but they really, really need to do some refurbishment. It was yucky! :evil:
You've got serious thrill issues dude. - Crush. Finding Nemo

packwingfn
Skyway Loader
Skyway Loader

Post by packwingfn » Apr Tue 24, 2012 6:39 pm

I will handcuff myself to the ride if they ever said they were going to get rid of this. And I am serious. Carousel of Progress has a lot of meaning to me as it's one of my favorite rides as a child but also a memory as it was the ride that my best friend & I enjoyed quoting with each other before he passed away. I also have a photo of me standing in front of the sign (when it used to display the current year) for the past 5 years....to continue the tradition this year, I am going to buy a newspaper and a sign that says the current year.
I know this is probably your first flight...and it's mine too...ha, ha

Rain upon that planet Earth. And they rain ... and rain ... and rain. The deluge.

fancyfeet
Dumbo Flying Elephants Tamer
Dumbo Flying Elephants Tamer

Post by fancyfeet » May Mon 07, 2012 11:03 am

Wizzard419 wrote:I wonder if they are going to tear it down/gut it soon? Sometimes when the ride starts to fall into disrepair it's a sign that they are working on a replacement and don't want to invest in it. Though, the low rider numbers probably also impact it's service schedule as well.
This just caused my heart to actually stop for a moment. I know a lot of people pan it or skip it, but I love the COP. I remember going one year and it was closed. I was very sad!! Please, Imagineers, repair but do not tear it down! My heart couldn't take it!

momeja
Rocket Jets Flight Director
Rocket Jets Flight Director

Post by momeja » May Mon 07, 2012 1:45 pm

fancyfeet wrote:
Wizzard419 wrote:I wonder if they are going to tear it down/gut it soon? Sometimes when the ride starts to fall into disrepair it's a sign that they are working on a replacement and don't want to invest in it. Though, the low rider numbers probably also impact it's service schedule as well.
This just caused my heart to actually stop for a moment. I know a lot of people pan it or skip it, but I love the COP. I remember going one year and it was closed. I was very sad!! Please, Imagineers, repair but do not tear it down! My heart couldn't take it!
Pay no attention to that Wizzard in the corner. Like Randall in Monsters Inc., he likes to scare little people and little monsters. :wink:

Wizzard419

Post by Wizzard419 » May Mon 07, 2012 3:55 pm

Don't mind me, I'm just taking bids from demolition companies.

cousininmiami

Post by cousininmiami » May Tue 08, 2012 7:23 am

packwingfn wrote:I will handcuff myself to the ride if they ever said they were going to get rid of this. And I am serious. Carousel of Progress has a lot of meaning to me as it's one of my favorite rides as a child but also a memory as it was the ride that my best friend & I enjoyed quoting with each other before he passed away. I also have a photo of me standing in front of the sign (when it used to display the current year) for the past 5 years....to continue the tradition this year, I am going to buy a newspaper and a sign that says the current year.
I would be right there with ya! Actually I was thinking of volunteering to clean the place up for them! 8-)
°o° "...it's a great big beautiful tomorrow, shining at the end of every day" °o°

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » May Tue 08, 2012 8:11 am

cousininmiami wrote:
packwingfn wrote:I will handcuff myself to the ride if they ever said they were going to get rid of this. And I am serious. Carousel of Progress has a lot of meaning to me as it's one of my favorite rides as a child but also a memory as it was the ride that my best friend & I enjoyed quoting with each other before he passed away. I also have a photo of me standing in front of the sign (when it used to display the current year) for the past 5 years....to continue the tradition this year, I am going to buy a newspaper and a sign that says the current year.
I would be right there with ya! Actually I was thinking of volunteering to clean the place up for them! 8-)
Now that would be fun! We could go in with some paint, and glue and fire up the tunes :D

Wizzard419

Post by Wizzard419 » May Tue 08, 2012 11:56 am

Note to self, get a wood chipper...

Jacca5660
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Jacca5660 » May Tue 08, 2012 12:05 pm

Wizzard419 wrote:Note to self, get a wood chipper...
IGOR strikes again!!
"Our dreams can come true - if we have the courage to pursue them" WED

"There's a fine prow on that steamer, let's climb aboard her!" Fireside

"You're off the map mateys..Here there be SeaMonsters!!"

The original "LICENSE MAYHEM MARAUDER!!ImageImage