Whats your favorite park at WDW?

All four parks, waterparks, and other magic in Central Florida

Moderator: Moderators

bravetaylor
Sleeping Beauty Castle Guard
Sleeping Beauty Castle Guard

Re: Whats your favorite park at WDW?

Post by bravetaylor » Jun Sat 04, 2011 9:03 pm

Here's a shocker... Not only is Animal Kingdom my favorite park in WDW but The Magic Kingdom is my least favorite of the four.

pixiesparkles
Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln Usher

Post by pixiesparkles » Jan Sat 21, 2012 12:52 pm

I will always love the Magic Kingdom the most, but EPCOT comes in a very close second (there is something peaceful about World Showcase), followed by Hollywood Studios and Animal Kingdom.

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Jan Sat 21, 2012 1:02 pm

One of my piano families that went to WDW for New Year's Eve returned and told me their favorite park was Animal Kingdom!

cy1229
Country Bear Jamboree Greeter
Country Bear Jamboree Greeter

Post by cy1229 » Jan Sat 21, 2012 4:44 pm

EPCOT!!!
Magic Kingdom!!

Then are Animal Kingdom, Hollywood Studios, and Typhoon Lagoon, not in any particular order. I like a lot of things in each, but like nearly everything in MK and can't think of anything in Epcot that I don't like.
Polynesian 1980
All-Star Movies 2001
Pop Century 2008
Saratoga Springs 2010
Bay Lake Tower 2012
Hyatt Place Anaheim Resort/Convention Center 2015
Marriott Anaheim Suites 2016

Admiral01
Autopian Mechanic
Autopian Mechanic

Post by Admiral01 » Jan Sat 21, 2012 8:59 pm

EPCOT for sure. It is the best of the parks, and the most unique theme park in the world. Unfortunately, there will never be another like EPCOT. If you want to see the Magic Kingdom, you have 5 choices right now (of the 2 US versions, I definitely prefer Disneyland over the MK)...for Hollywood Studios you have 2 Disney choices and the Universal Parks...for Animal Kingdom you can head to Busch Gardens (though it isn't exactly the same)...DisneySea in Tokyo even has similarities to other parks...but EPCOT is unlike any other Disney or non-Disney theme park in the world.

So, EPCOT all the way as my favorite. Always has been, always will be.

rphillips14
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider

Post by rphillips14 » Jan Sun 22, 2012 6:23 am

For me, I love the music and atmosphere at Epcot. I do think it needs updating but I still love that feel of the future.

For my wife, she love's The Magic Kingdom. She was born close to Disneyland and grew up Disney and loves the original idea of Disney.

My kids love Hollywood Studios, the rides, the lights and the excitment.

Animal Kingdom is OK but needs a couple of big rides to go with Everest.

TikiTikiRoom
Peter Pan's Flight Pixie Duster

Post by TikiTikiRoom » Jan Sun 22, 2012 10:08 am

Wow I'm surprised by the number of folks on here whos #1 is Epcot. Very cool because I'd have to agree. 2nd place would have to be Animal Kingdom, the music and atmosphere are just perfect. 3rd is Magic Kingdom because Adventure Land is just the bee's knees. And last but not least is Hollywood Studios. It really just doesn't have the same spark as the other 3 parks. It definitely feels less "Disney".
IC-32830 of the 501st Legion

secondstar

Post by secondstar » Jan Tue 24, 2012 10:53 am

My wife makes fun of me because each time if first visit a park during a trip, I say, "I forgot how much I love this park." Even Disney Hollywood Studios, which is my least favorite.

For me, my favorite is probably (by the slightest amount) Magic Kingdom, followed so closely by Epcot and Animal Kingdom. And right now, my DD is 8 and just made the magic height last trip so she can ride EVERYTHING. There's nothing that can compare to watching your child's face in the Magic Kingdom. For that reason alone, MK is my favorite. But just barely. I love the other parks, too!
[i]"Herbie, I just want it to look like nothing else in the world. And it should be surrounded by a train"[/i]

-- Walt Disney

Belle1082
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider

Post by Belle1082 » Jan Tue 24, 2012 5:35 pm

Like many, I would have to say Magic Kingdom, for the initial wow factor and feeling of truly being in Disney World. But it really is the combination of being in the parks that makes everything so magical. I get a different feeling when I'm in each of the parks (and the hotels and transportation for that matter) and each different, magical feeling is was makes all of Disney World so very special to me. I can barely put words to it - the feeling is magic.

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Jan Tue 24, 2012 8:10 pm

Belle1082 wrote:Like many, I would have to say Magic Kingdom, for the initial wow factor and feeling of truly being in Disney World. But it really is the combination of being in the parks that makes everything so magical. I get a different feeling when I'm in each of the parks (and the hotels and transportation for that matter) and each different, magical feeling is was makes all of Disney World so very special to me. I can barely put words to it - the feeling is magic.
That's a great way to put it Belle - magic! :D

Sharonofwindham
Shooting Galleries Gun Cleaner

Post by Sharonofwindham » Jan Tue 24, 2012 9:58 pm

Amy wrote:One of my piano families that went to WDW for New Year's Eve returned and told me their favorite park was Animal Kingdom!
I totally get it, it's a beautiful, and well designed park with the exception maybe of Dinoland sorry to say. An amazing place all in all though.

Sharonofwindham

Post by Sharonofwindham » Jan Tue 24, 2012 10:00 pm

bravetaylor wrote:Here's a shocker... Not only is Animal Kingdom my favorite park in WDW but The Magic Kingdom is my least favorite of the four.
Animal Kingdom is Spectacular! I could spend an entire vacation of just going there, with a side trip to Epcot :goofy_bounce:

Goofyfan
Snow White's Adventures Gem Miner
Snow White's Adventures Gem Miner

Post by Goofyfan » Jan Wed 25, 2012 6:18 pm

Another tough question. I guess Magic Kingdom, then EPCOT. But Animal Kingdom has the best park music. :goofy: :D

SorcererDonald16
Autopian Mechanic
Autopian Mechanic

Post by SorcererDonald16 » Jan Thu 26, 2012 4:12 am

Love them all for different reasons, but I have to say Magic Kingdom. Nothing compares to the feeling I get when the castle or the train station come into view, or when I'm standing on Main Street, or seeing the Partners statue. I doubt anything could beat that for me anywhere on any vacation, not just in WDW.

I love Epcot and DHS equally for different reasons. AK comes in last, but I still love it as well. Certainly prefer their afternoon parade to MK's or DHS's by miles.

Cub

Post by Cub » Jan Fri 27, 2012 8:18 am

It's definitely hard to choose, since they're all wonderful in their own way. DHS is at the top of my list with MK at a close second followed by AK and then EPCOT.
"All your dreams can come true if you have the courage to pursue them."
-Walt Disney♥