How frequently do you visit WDW?

All four parks, waterparks, and other magic in Central Florida

Moderator: Moderators

laurie5658
Mad Tea Party Host
Mad Tea Party Host

Re: How frequently do you visit WDW?

Post by laurie5658 » Oct Mon 24, 2011 8:25 am

We visit on average once per year. Every once in a while twice but that is because we enjoy running Disney running events.

flyer32
Sleeping Beauty Castle Guard
Sleeping Beauty Castle Guard

Post by flyer32 » Oct Mon 24, 2011 11:21 am

I usually go every year. I also live in Canada, but I do work for an airline, so that makes it easier to get to MCO for a more reasonable cost. My friend is DVC member, so that also makes it easier to get a great deal on accomodations. We plan out our trips WELL in advance...we have, as of today 321 days until we go, and we are already well into our planning stages for the next trip....in fact we have the next 3 trips decided as to where and when we will be going....haha.

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Oct Mon 24, 2011 12:32 pm

flyer32 wrote:I usually go every year. I also live in Canada, but I do work for an airline, so that makes it easier to get to MCO for a more reasonable cost. My friend is DVC member, so that also makes it easier to get a great deal on accomodations. We plan out our trips WELL in advance...we have, as of today 321 days until we go, and we are already well into our planning stages for the next trip....in fact we have the next 3 trips decided as to where and when we will be going....haha.
Good combination ~ cheap flights and cheap accommodations. Those are the two biggies for trip costs!

CCAS116
Main Street Horse Car Coachman
Main Street Horse Car Coachman

Post by CCAS116 » Oct Tue 25, 2011 9:07 am

I live only about an hour away, but finances the last two years have kept my family and I away. That should change shortly! Can't wait to make more new memories at WDW!

theBIGyowski
Tom Sawyer Island Rafts Skipper
Tom Sawyer Island Rafts Skipper

Post by theBIGyowski » Oct Tue 25, 2011 3:03 pm

I live in Alabama, so my trips have not been so frequent over the years. Growing up, I only went twice (1986 and 1997). I went with friends in college in 2001. After that it wasn't until 2008 when I went back and that was for the 2008 WDW Half Marathon. I went back in 2009 for the Half Marathon again. On each of those trips I believe I stayed 5 days. DW and I Honeymooned there in 2010 for 6 days and 5 nights. We then took an impromptu trip this past June that was 9 days and 8 nights.

1986 (only 2 parks...so we maybe stayed 3 days)
1997 (only 3 parks...so we maybe stayed 4 days)
2001 (there for New Years 2001-2001...stayed 5 days)
2008 (Half Marathon...stayed 5 days)
2009 (Half Marathon...stayed 5 days)
2010 (Honeymoon...stayed 6 days)
2011 (Long trip...stayed 9 days)

So I have been every year since 2008...and actually went to DLR in May of 2008 as well. There is a good chance I won't be able to go next year...which is sad...but hopefully we can get back down there in 2013.

1986: Offsite
1997: Offsite
2001: Coronado Springs
2008: Shades of Green / Saratoga Springs (WDW Half Marathon)
2009: Port Orleans French Quarter (WDW Half Marathon)
2010: Port Orleans Riverside (Honeymoon)
2011: Old Key West / Bay Lake Tower
2014: Kidani Village
2015: Old Key West (5th Wedding Anniversary)
2016: Old Key West (Kids' first WDW vacation in December!)

wdwmedia
Omnibus Driver
Omnibus Driver

Post by wdwmedia » Oct Wed 26, 2011 4:24 pm

We used to go every year for a few years in a row but now we are down to every other or every third year. To many expensive hobbies.

kosmosworld
Main Street Cinema Projectionist
Main Street Cinema Projectionist

Post by kosmosworld » Oct Thu 27, 2011 8:07 am

Sometimes mine are planned (like my next visit). Sometimes, spurt of the moment. Whenever there is a hurricane heading this way, and Florida appears to be cleared, we're going to Disneyworld! My wife says that if we are going to be stressed out, then we should at least have some fun while being stressed! :ccat:

DemonOfMusic
Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln Usher

Post by DemonOfMusic » Jan Sun 15, 2012 4:24 pm

Less often than I'd like, that's for sure. I used to go once a year, but I didn't go in 2010 and went back in 2011. I want to keep taking annual trips, but the rest of my family hates Disney and claims they're done for good. :( :( :( Hopefully I can change that... I have to convince them that I'm not "too old" for Disney. There is no such thing as being too old for Disney! EVER.

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Jan Sun 15, 2012 4:35 pm

DemonOfMusic wrote:Less often than I'd like, that's for sure. I used to go once a year, but I didn't go in 2010 and went back in 2011. I want to keep taking annual trips, but the rest of my family hates Disney and claims they're done for good. :( :( :( Hopefully I can change that... I have to convince them that I'm not "too old" for Disney. There is no such thing as being too old for Disney! EVER.
Keep after them! And if they don't come around, go alone :D

secondstar
Peter Pan's Flight Pixie Duster
Peter Pan's Flight Pixie Duster

Post by secondstar » Jan Sun 15, 2012 6:23 pm

I try to go once a year.
[i]"Herbie, I just want it to look like nothing else in the world. And it should be surrounded by a train"[/i]

-- Walt Disney

cy1229
Country Bear Jamboree Greeter
Country Bear Jamboree Greeter

Post by cy1229 » Jan Sun 15, 2012 6:29 pm

Since 2008, on average 18-24 months.

We tend to plan pretty extensively and far out. ADR's, taking into account EMH, the whole 9 yards. Our next trip is in Oct so we'll have the Food & Wine festival and Mickey's Not so Scary Halloween Party to throw in the mix. Yay!
Polynesian 1980
All-Star Movies 2001
Pop Century 2008
Saratoga Springs 2010
Bay Lake Tower 2012
Hyatt Place Anaheim Resort/Convention Center 2015
Marriott Anaheim Suites 2016

Goofyfan
Snow White's Adventures Gem Miner
Snow White's Adventures Gem Miner

Post by Goofyfan » Jan Sun 15, 2012 7:45 pm

DemonOfMusic wrote:Less often than I'd like, that's for sure. I used to go once a year, but I didn't go in 2010 and went back in 2011. I want to keep taking annual trips, but the rest of my family hates Disney and claims they're done for good. :( :( :( Hopefully I can change that... I have to convince them that I'm not "too old" for Disney. There is no such thing as being too old for Disney! EVER.

First of all. Welcome to Subsonic... you will find all kinds of friendly people on board....Second. Amy is right... keep after them, whine, cry, pout, throw a tantrum if you have to. You are never too old for Disney. We are driving back down January 31, 2012 hurray!!!!!
:D :goofy:

DemonOfMusic

Post by DemonOfMusic » Jan Sun 15, 2012 9:32 pm

Goofyfan wrote:

First of all. Welcome to Subsonic... you will find all kinds of friendly people on board....Second. Amy is right... keep after them, whine, cry, pout, throw a tantrum if you have to. You are never too old for Disney. We are driving back down January 31, 2012 hurray!!!!!
:D :goofy:
Thanks for the welcome, I'm pretty excited to have discovered this due to my sad lack of disney-loving friends. :goofy_bounce: That is completely my plan! I've also been saving up for a trip over spring break with a few friends in a year or two, but I live in the middle of nowhere and I'm having a pretty difficult time finding a job. Enjoy your Disney trip! I'll be here in my boring bedroom in Colorado, shaking a fist with jealousy!

Soarin08
Skyway Loader
Skyway Loader

Post by Soarin08 » Jan Sun 15, 2012 11:39 pm

Welcome! And you're in the right spot. My family isn't big on Disney either, but I got to spend time with a bunch of people on this site at the parks last week and it was a blast! So that made up for the fact my family isn't so keen on coming.

It's so nice to be able to go every day now if I want... :mrgreen: The joys of living 10 minutes away with that cast member ID...

DemonOfMusic

Post by DemonOfMusic » Jan Mon 16, 2012 7:27 am

Soarin08 wrote:
Welcome! And you're in the right spot. My family isn't big on Disney either, but I got to spend time with a bunch of people on this site at the parks last week and it was a blast! So that made up for the fact my family isn't so keen on coming.

It's so nice to be able to go every day now if I want... :mrgreen: The joys of living 10 minutes away with that cast member ID...
Wow, everyone is so close to the parks! I'm totally jealous! I would seriously do anything to live close enough to have trips just be that easy. Eh, Florida is one of the places I'd most want to live, so maybe someday!
"They say the neon lights are bright on Broadway..."

The only two places I will ever need to be are Manhattan and Disney World.