All four parks, waterparks, and other magic in Central Florida

Moderator: Moderators

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Re: You know you're a WDW nut when...

Post by Amy » Jan Wed 11, 2012 6:51 pm

secondstar wrote:
MadEye wrote:When you are shocked to see a Pepsi truck on WDW property (Disney has a contract with Coca-Cola).
I hate, HATE, HATE Pepsi and I love, LOVE, LOVE Coke. I am so thrilled Coke is in WDW. One of my favorite snacks is Popcorn and a bottle of Coke from the cart in front of the Castle. I wish I was there right now.

...When you start planning for (and paying for) your next trip while you are still on your current trip.
I wonder what the Pepsi truck was there for? I'm with you secondstar ~ nothing beats a popcorn and coke snack :D
Are you paying for that next trip by using your Disney Visa to build up dollars on your current trip?! ;)

secondstar
Peter Pan's Flight Pixie Duster

Post by secondstar » Jan Thu 12, 2012 8:40 am

No, Amy, I didn't. My daughter inadvertantly de-magnetized her 10-day hopper. So, when I went to guest services to have it replaced, I decided to have both her and my wife's tickets upgraded to Annual Passes. When I rejoined them I said, "I just paid for next year's tickets." They were both so excited.
[i]"Herbie, I just want it to look like nothing else in the world. And it should be surrounded by a train"[/i]

-- Walt Disney

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Jan Thu 12, 2012 9:01 am

secondstar wrote:No, Amy, I didn't. My daughter inadvertantly de-magnetized her 10-day hopper. So, when I went to guest services to have it replaced, I decided to have both her and my wife's tickets upgraded to Annual Passes. When I rejoined them I said, "I just paid for next year's tickets." They were both so excited.
What a nice surprise :D

cy1229
Country Bear Jamboree Greeter

Post by cy1229 » Jan Thu 12, 2012 9:44 am

secondstar wrote:
I hate, HATE, HATE Pepsi and I love, LOVE, LOVE Coke. I am so thrilled Coke is in WDW.
ME TOO! If I'm out to eat, and the restaurant doesn't have coke products, I just drink water. :twisted:
Polynesian 1980
All-Star Movies 2001
Pop Century 2008
Saratoga Springs 2010
Bay Lake Tower 2012
Hyatt Place Anaheim Resort/Convention Center 2015
Marriott Anaheim Suites 2016

TikiTikiRoom

Post by TikiTikiRoom » Jan Thu 12, 2012 9:49 am

Uh.....so would it be bad if I noted that the only Coke that i drink is Diet? The regular flavor is too sweet for me. But even then I'm not really a Coke kind of guy. Now Dr. Pepper and Mountain Dew on the other hand....ohohoho yes.

Also you know you're a Disney nut when you keep thinking of what you'd be doing right now if you were in WDW. I have an app on my phone so I've been checking wait times for rides...ugh. it's awful.
IC-32830 of the 501st Legion

cy1229

Post by cy1229 » Jan Thu 12, 2012 10:11 am

TikiTikiRoom wrote:Uh.....so would it be bad if I noted that the only Coke that i drink is Diet? The regular flavor is too sweet for me. But even then I'm not really a Coke kind of guy. Now Dr. Pepper and Mountain Dew on the other hand....ohohoho yes.
I love diet Dr. Pepper! Yum..... Mt. Dew? ick. Shows my age, I think. I remember when soda was sweetened with actual sugar, not corn syrup. We did a lab at school with different sodas and massed out the actual amount of soda in one can of different sodas. The volume of sugar in Mt. Dew was greater than the volume of the can!!! :shock:
TikiTikiRoom wrote:Also you know you're a Disney nut when you keep thinking of what you'd be doing right now if you were in WDW. I have an app on my phone so I've been checking wait times for rides...ugh. it's awful.
I think it's harder for you than most because you had yourself all wired up for a January trip, and then had that changed relatively close to your expected departure.

You know you're a Disney nut when you don't see anything wrong with listening to Disney music all day instead of "regular" music. And for the record, as my 13-year-old daughter frequently asks, NO! I do NOT get tired of hearing it!
Polynesian 1980
All-Star Movies 2001
Pop Century 2008
Saratoga Springs 2010
Bay Lake Tower 2012
Hyatt Place Anaheim Resort/Convention Center 2015
Marriott Anaheim Suites 2016

theBIGyowski
Tom Sawyer Island Rafts Skipper

Post by theBIGyowski » Jan Thu 12, 2012 10:29 am

When you realize that your new TV has a way to watch YouTube videos...

...and the first thing you can think of to watch is "Must Do Disney" with Stacy...which makes it feel like you are in your resort at WDW...getting ready to head out to the parks.

(it's a mixture of happy and sad...happy because it makes you feel like you are in WDW...sad because you realize you are not)

1986: Offsite
1997: Offsite
2001: Coronado Springs
2008: Shades of Green / Saratoga Springs (WDW Half Marathon)
2009: Port Orleans French Quarter (WDW Half Marathon)
2010: Port Orleans Riverside (Honeymoon)
2011: Old Key West / Bay Lake Tower
2014: Kidani Village
2015: Old Key West (5th Wedding Anniversary)
2016: Old Key West (Kids' first WDW vacation in December!)

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Jan Thu 12, 2012 10:45 am

theBIGyowski wrote:When you realize that your new TV has a way to watch YouTube videos...

...and the first thing you can think of to watch is "Must Do Disney" with Stacy...which makes it feel like you are in your resort at WDW...getting ready to head out to the parks.

(it's a mixture of happy and sad...happy because it makes you feel like you are in WDW...sad because you realize you are not)
Oh BIG, I can't believe you like Stacy...sigh...but if you must :roll: ;) I can see where watching this on your tv would be bittersweet indeed.

theBIGyowski

Post by theBIGyowski » Jan Thu 12, 2012 12:07 pm

I admit Stacy is annoying...but it's impossible for me to turn off while in the resort room. It ends up becoming background noise after a while, which is probably why I subconsciously love hearing it in the background while I'm at home.

Being able to have it playing on my TV while I get ready for work does make it more enjoyable though. I can trick myself into thinking I am getting ready to head to a park...instead of my job.

1986: Offsite
1997: Offsite
2001: Coronado Springs
2008: Shades of Green / Saratoga Springs (WDW Half Marathon)
2009: Port Orleans French Quarter (WDW Half Marathon)
2010: Port Orleans Riverside (Honeymoon)
2011: Old Key West / Bay Lake Tower
2014: Kidani Village
2015: Old Key West (5th Wedding Anniversary)
2016: Old Key West (Kids' first WDW vacation in December!)

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Jan Thu 12, 2012 1:41 pm

theBIGyowski wrote:I admit Stacy is annoying...but it's impossible for me to turn off while in the resort room. It ends up becoming background noise after a while, which is probably why I subconsciously love hearing it in the background while I'm at home.

Being able to have it playing on my TV while I get ready for work does make it more enjoyable though. I can trick myself into thinking I am getting ready to head to a park...instead of my job.
It probably doesn't hurt that the tv is programmed to come on to that channel and she is ALWAYS on! :lol:

mindflipper
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by mindflipper » Jan Thu 12, 2012 1:59 pm

Amy wrote:
theBIGyowski wrote:I admit Stacy is annoying...but it's impossible for me to turn off while in the resort room. It ends up becoming background noise after a while, which is probably why I subconsciously love hearing it in the background while I'm at home.

It probably doesn't hurt that the tv is programmed to come on to that channel and she is ALWAYS on! :lol:
And she's one of the reasons I dread turning on the televsion at the resorts LOL! :mrgreen: :mickey: :lol:

Actually, I meant to turn on the TV while I was there to record it so I could send it Subsonic to add the latest and greatest version, but I was so busy while I was there I never got around to it...

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Jan Thu 12, 2012 7:30 pm

mindflipper wrote:
Amy wrote:

And she's one of the reasons I dread turning on the televsion at the resorts LOL! :mrgreen: :mickey: :lol:

Actually, I meant to turn on the TV while I was there to record it so I could send it Subsonic to add the latest and greatest version, but I was so busy while I was there I never got around to it...
I did record it :? but it wasn't at a very good sound level and I never got to try it again. Oh well, there is always next time!

MmeLeota
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Post by MmeLeota » Jan Fri 13, 2012 11:23 am

This was the first time we actually got to see Stacy. I can see where she gets annoying after a while, but like BIG, it becomes background noise after a while...but we didn't allow that to happen ;)
I really like one of the Stacy sound recordings here on Sub and I wish we could have seen that one...this current one got pretty annoying quite quickly :shock:

...but you've got to love her enthusiasm ;)

secondstar

Post by secondstar » Jan Sun 15, 2012 2:54 pm

You know you're a Disney nut when...

You go outside and you have, not one, not two, but FIVE Disney jackets to choose from. That's nutty, I think.
[i]"Herbie, I just want it to look like nothing else in the world. And it should be surrounded by a train"[/i]

-- Walt Disney

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Jan Fri 20, 2012 1:37 pm

Dining at the McDonalds that is themed toward the rock and roll days and there was song that had the lyrics "I'm your puppet on a string" over and over :roll: made me think of Pinnochio - and made the bad song somewhat more tolerable :D