Your Absolute Favorite WDW Resort

All four parks, waterparks, and other magic in Central Florida

Moderator: Moderators

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Re: Your Absolute Favorite WDW Resort

Post by Amy » Sep Tue 27, 2011 7:47 pm

MmeLeota wrote:I wouldn't be swimming in a lake in FL anyway...who knows what you might find! :shock:
(not to mention what might be floating in the water of any given WDW lake... ;) )
It makes you a better swimmer if you have to be speedier than the gators ;)
Oh shoot! I completely forgot about M-dude and the WDW waters :roll: :shock: Yeah, I'll skip the swim too ;) :lol:

Sharonofwindham
Shooting Galleries Gun Cleaner

Post by Sharonofwindham » Sep Tue 27, 2011 8:12 pm

Amy wrote:
MmeLeota wrote:...It came down to POR and CBR...hubby liked the idea of a beach (me too...we love the feel of the sand) so we went for CBR..../quote]
Did you see my post about the turtles?! But you can still enjoy the sand under your toesies!
You've brought back a lot of great memories, Amy! The turtles I saw weren't snapping turtles, they had very long necks and snouts, really strange looking. We have snapping turtles here in maine, but I had never seen a turtle like that before, very cool! If I had known there were snappers in there, I wouldn't have gotten so close to the edge :shock: :lol: Is it my imagination or did they have watercraft that you could rent? Maybe the little speed boats or peddle boats?
I completely forgot about all the bus stops :shock: ! Depending on which entrance we came in when returning to the resort, we either got lucky and were one of the first stops, or YIKES the very last. I think there were 8 :?: :shock:

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Sep Tue 27, 2011 8:16 pm

Sharonofwindham wrote:
Amy wrote:
MmeLeota wrote:...It came down to POR and CBR...hubby liked the idea of a beach (me too...we love the feel of the sand) so we went for CBR..../quote]
Did you see my post about the turtles?! But you can still enjoy the sand under your toesies!
You've brought back a lot of great memories, Amy! The turtles I saw weren't snapping turtles, they had very long necks and snouts, really strange looking. We have snapping turtles here in maine, but I had never seen a turtle like that before, very cool! If I had known there were snappers in there, I wouldn't have gotten so close to the edge :shock: :lol: Is it my imagination or did they have watercraft that you could rent? Maybe the little speed boats or peddle boats?
I completely forgot about all the bus stops :shock: ! Depending on which entrance we came in when returning to the resort, we either got lucky and were one of the first stops, or YIKES the very last. I think there were 8 :?: :shock:
Oh, maybe they weren't snapping turtles? They were the long necked, really weird looking turtles. Maybe leathernecks?
Hmm, don't remember boats, but there might have been. Yeah, the multiple bus stops made for some bad trips to and from the parks. Sometimes the bus would just end up passing by your "Island" because it was already full once it had made a few stops. And then on the way back to the resorts there was a ton of shuffling to let people off. It just ended up being a bit of a pain. I'm hoping it works well for MmeLeota and C-bog40. I'm curious to see how they get along with the ECV since F1gment needs to use one now...

MmeLeota
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Post by MmeLeota » Sep Tue 27, 2011 8:32 pm

That is my biggest fear, Amy...I'm afraid that with so many bus stops, it is going to make our transportation a huge issue...especially with the ECV. That's one thing we had not thought about prior to deciding on our resort. I figured that a resort so large would have more buses and would not prove to be so much of an issue. However, with all the reviews I have read and with the info I have received from here, I'm not sure how it will work.

Oh well...we shall see.

Sharonofwindham

Post by Sharonofwindham » Sep Tue 27, 2011 9:13 pm

MmeLeota wrote:That is my biggest fear, Amy...I'm afraid that with so many bus stops, it is going to make our transportation a huge issue...especially with the ECV. That's one thing we had not thought about prior to deciding on our resort. I figured that a resort so large would have more buses and would not prove to be so much of an issue. However, with all the reviews I have read and with the info I have received from here, I'm not sure how it will work.

Oh well...we shall see.
At Disney they seem to try very hard to make things easier for people that have any disability. On my last visit my niece had just had ankle surgery, and needed an ECV full time. If you don't have your own, are you renting one? We had one delivered to our resort. Free delivery and pick-up,and it was there when we arrived! They seem to have specific buses that are equipped for wheel chairs and ECV's, and we even had a bus driver call for one and it was there in no time at all :) . Yes, we were staying at the Boardwalk where there is one stop, and we stopped at the Beach Club as well, but because CBR is so large with more bus stops, they had one bus after another in the morning and when the parks close. And I have to say, we had many fellow guests that were so sweet,and helpful too :mickey: . I think you will have a wonderful time :) . Please try not to worry :mickey: .

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Sep Tue 27, 2011 9:34 pm

Sharonofwindham wrote:
MmeLeota wrote:That is my biggest fear, Amy...I'm afraid that with so many bus stops, it is going to make our transportation a huge issue...especially with the ECV. That's one thing we had not thought about prior to deciding on our resort. I figured that a resort so large would have more buses and would not prove to be so much of an issue. However, with all the reviews I have read and with the info I have received from here, I'm not sure how it will work.

Oh well...we shall see.
At Disney they seem to try very hard to make things easier for people that have any disability. On my last visit my niece had just had ankle surgery, and needed an ECV full time. If you don't have your own, are you renting one? We had one delivered to our resort. Free delivery and pick-up,and it was there when we arrived! They seem to have specific buses that are equipped for wheel chairs and ECV's, and we even had a bus driver call for one and it was there in no time at all :) . Yes, we were staying at the Boardwalk where there is one stop, and we stopped at the Beach Club as well, but because CBR is so large with more bus stops, they had one bus after another in the morning and when the parks close. And I have to say, we had many fellow guests that were so sweet,and helpful too :mickey: . I think you will have a wonderful time :) . Please try not to worry :mickey: .
I agree, Disney does do a pretty good job helping out those who require a little more assistance. I would guess the morning transportation will be pretty smooth with multiple buses. You might want to consider checking out which "Island" loads first, it might be the one with the food court? and head there in the morning so you are first in line. Each bus seems to accommodate 2 or 3 ECV's or wheelchairs so you should be ok. I'm not trying to worry you...it has been over 10 years since we stayed at CBR so things might be very much changed as far as the bus stops go...

MmeLeota
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Post by MmeLeota » Sep Wed 28, 2011 5:09 pm

Hakuna Matata...I'm not totally worried. I know Disney is usually pretty good about accomodating those with a disability. (at least at DL...I figure WDW would be even better at it)
I just don't want hubby to get frustrated is all...
Thanks for the info though. We're just looking forward to this trip! :D

BTW, we are renting one through a company that Amy told me about. They have free delivery/pickup as well and the prices seem quite reasonable. (Thanks for the heads up Amy!!!! :mrgreen: )

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Sep Wed 28, 2011 6:05 pm

MmeLeota wrote:Hakuna Matata...I'm not totally worried. I know Disney is usually pretty good about accomodating those with a disability. (at least at DL...I figure WDW would be even better at it)

BTW, we are renting one through a company that Amy told me about. They have free delivery/pickup as well and the prices seem quite reasonable. (Thanks for the heads up Amy!!!! :mrgreen: )
Welcome ~ I'll pass the thanks along to F1gment as she is the one who researched the various companies down there. Hopefully they do a good job for you as well!

Soarin08
Skyway Loader
Skyway Loader

Post by Soarin08 » Sep Wed 28, 2011 9:37 pm

MmeLeota wrote:Hakuna Matata...I'm not totally worried. I know Disney is usually pretty good about accomodating those with a disability. (at least at DL...I figure WDW would be even better at it)

Especially during EMH, I've seen mostly at MK that they have been sending two busses- one for those with ECVs, wheelchairs, etc., and then one for the other guests so that everyone can get on without the ECVs taking up all the room from people who've waited for a while.

jacobcary1
Mike Fink Keel Boats Boatswain

Post by jacobcary1 » Sep Wed 28, 2011 9:44 pm

My favorite trip do WDW is my stay at Contemporary Resort.

horizons1
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by horizons1 » Sep Thu 29, 2011 11:17 am

I have stayed at
- Beach Club
- Yacht Club
- Boardwalk
- Contemporary
- Port Orleans
- All Star Music

I usually stay at Beach Club for the convenience to Epcot, night time activities (at the Boardwalk), awesome pool complex and easy boat ride or walk to the Studios. From what I have read here, it sounds like I really need to try the Poly.
No one's gloomy or complaining while the flatware's entertaining.

leblanan

Post by leblanan » Sep Thu 29, 2011 3:42 pm

Old Key West is my absolute favorite, although I am partial to both AKL and the comtemporary.
"now, bring me that horizon"

DAR
Autopian Mechanic
Autopian Mechanic

Post by DAR » Oct Tue 04, 2011 7:43 pm

Where I've stayed-Port Orleans

Where I'd like to stay-Polynesian

CCAS116
Main Street Horse Car Coachman
Main Street Horse Car Coachman

Post by CCAS116 » Oct Thu 13, 2011 1:29 pm

Have stayed at: Port Orleans-Riverside, Contemporary Resort, Polynesian, and Ft. Wilderness cabins.

All of the above were fun and clean, but, hands down, my favorite has always been the Ft. Wilderness cabins.You've got the horseback riding, woodsy environs, relaxing seclusion, and close proximity to the Hoop Dee Doo Revue. Plus, the full kitchen and grill outside allow for making fun meals in the cabin and saving money. Am soon to be a new dad and will definitely be taking my kid there! =)

momeja
Rocket Jets Flight Director
Rocket Jets Flight Director

Post by momeja » Oct Thu 13, 2011 1:46 pm

I never thought anything would replace the Poly, but the Beach Club has done it. Two stays there and I'm calling it home.