All four parks, waterparks, and other magic in Central Florida

Moderator: Moderators

davea61
Casey Junior Circus Train Conductor

Coronado to Universal

Post by davea61 » Mar Fri 18, 2011 12:28 pm

Hi Everyone,

We will be staying at the Coronado in Aug. and we want to spend one day at Universal. Since we are a not renting a car this time, what's the best and most economical way to get there?

Thanks,
Dave

elizabethswann
Pirates of the Caribbean Buccaneer
Pirates of the Caribbean Buccaneer

Re: Coronado to Universal

Post by elizabethswann » Mar Fri 18, 2011 3:05 pm

The only thing I can think of is using a taxi but I'm sure there are some other ways to getting there without having to pay a whole lot. If there's a bus that runs in that direction, definitely do that.

horizons1
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by horizons1 » Mar Fri 18, 2011 4:53 pm

If there are several in your group you really might want to consider renting a car for the day. I think Alamo is now the on-property rental. But, Enterprise and Hertz both have Kissimmee locations and will come pick you up at Coronado. If the car was $40 (rather high for Orlando) you'd probably still be ahead of round trip bus/shuttle/cab fares.
No one's gloomy or complaining while the flatware's entertaining.

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Mar Fri 18, 2011 7:46 pm

I'm trying to remember what we did when we went to Universal for a day...many, many moons ago. I think there was actually a shuttle bus of some sort that picked up at one of the parks' parking lots. Or we drove our rental car. I can't remember :(
I'll ask F1gment and see if she remembers. It was probably at least 15 years ago! :shock:

Satchel T
Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln Usher
Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln Usher

Post by Satchel T » Jun Fri 10, 2011 10:54 am

I'd vote don't spend money on Universal ... Just one guy's opinion.

Lion Sleeps Tonight
Rocket Jets Flight Director
Rocket Jets Flight Director

Post by Lion Sleeps Tonight » Jun Fri 10, 2011 5:36 pm

Depends on how many of you there are. A Mears Checker taxi would run you about $35-40 one way, even if it's a van (which fits 7). Using the Mears shuttle service is, I believe, $18 per person and they pick you up at certain times.

Or you can rent a car from the Alamo/National Car Care Center near the MK. I think there's also an Enterprise at the Swan and Dolphin, but don't quote me on that.

Or you can use the Lynx bus.
"A pirate in irons be full o' guile.
And the blackest 'art wears the broadest smile."

Oh, and "Welcome Home."

Len90
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Len90 » Jun Sat 11, 2011 12:20 am

My opinion would be to do a daily rental with either the Alamo center near the MK or through the enterprise at swan/dolphin. I honestly think the cost of a daily rental could be cheaper than the taxi and a lot more convenient than trying to take the Lynx. All you would really need is a small compact car (if your party size is 4 or less) as the trip is only about 25 minutes a way. I believe you can set it up with Alamo where they will pick you up at your resort and take you to the rental center. I also believe they will bring you back to your resort after dropping off the car. As with any rental car make sure you constantly monitor the price and be smart with figuring out which discounts and coupons will work best for you.
- Len90
"If you can dream it, you can do it. Always remember that this whole thing was started with a dream and a mouse."
"Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow, and fantasy"

davea61

Post by davea61 » Oct Wed 12, 2011 11:21 am

BTW- We decided to use Happy Limo. Great service, clean cars, exceptional drivers. Would definitely recomend.

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Oct Wed 12, 2011 11:34 am

davea61 wrote:BTW- We decided to use Happy Limo. Great service, clean cars, exceptional drivers. Would definitely recomend.
How much did it end up costing if you don't mind telling us?