Favorite character you've met?

All four parks, waterparks, and other magic in Central Florida

Moderator: Moderators

MmeLeota
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Re: Favorite character you've met?

Post by MmeLeota » Sep Thu 22, 2011 2:28 pm

When we took our niece to DL for the first time (at the ripe old age of 2), her favorite at the time was Ariel. also at the time, there was a meet and greet area where mermaid Ariel was out. So we stood in line and just as she was next in line, the CM cut us off saying that Ariel would be right back. But Ariel stopped the CM and wanted to see our niece. She spent a couple of minutes with her and the look on our niece's face was priceless. She had this glazed over look on her face and she was completely oblivious that we were trying to get her to smile for a picture or anything...she wouldn't talk, nothing. So in awe...when Ariel finally said goodbye and our niece came running over to us with her autograph book and pen in hand with a HUGE smile! She couldn't believe that she just saw Ariel, and that she knew her name!!! (it was on the "first visit" button she was wearing...)

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Sep Thu 22, 2011 7:56 pm

MmeLeota wrote:When we took our niece to DL for the first time (at the ripe old age of 2), her favorite at the time was Ariel. also at the time, there was a meet and greet area where mermaid Ariel was out. So we stood in line and just as she was next in line, the CM cut us off saying that Ariel would be right back. But Ariel stopped the CM and wanted to see our niece. She spent a couple of minutes with her and the look on our niece's face was priceless. She had this glazed over look on her face and she was completely oblivious that we were trying to get her to smile for a picture or anything...she wouldn't talk, nothing. So in awe...when Ariel finally said goodbye and our niece came running over to us with her autograph book and pen in hand with a HUGE smile! She couldn't believe that she just saw Ariel, and that she knew her name!!! (it was on the "first visit" button she was wearing...)
Awww, that is so sweet :ariel: CM's make such a difference!

Cub
Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln Usher

Post by Cub » Sep Fri 23, 2011 8:14 am

MmeLeota wrote:When we took our niece to DL for the first time (at the ripe old age of 2), her favorite at the time was Ariel. also at the time, there was a meet and greet area where mermaid Ariel was out. So we stood in line and just as she was next in line, the CM cut us off saying that Ariel would be right back. But Ariel stopped the CM and wanted to see our niece. She spent a couple of minutes with her and the look on our niece's face was priceless. She had this glazed over look on her face and she was completely oblivious that we were trying to get her to smile for a picture or anything...she wouldn't talk, nothing. So in awe...when Ariel finally said goodbye and our niece came running over to us with her autograph book and pen in hand with a HUGE smile! She couldn't believe that she just saw Ariel, and that she knew her name!!! (it was on the "first visit" button she was wearing...)

Awwww. That's so adorable! It was very kind of Ariel to let her come see her and talk to her even though she was supposed to be taking a break. :D Just goes to show how great the employees there really are.
"All your dreams can come true if you have the courage to pursue them."
-Walt Disney♥

Wyntuck
Fantasyland Theater Projectionist
Fantasyland Theater Projectionist

Post by Wyntuck » Sep Fri 23, 2011 2:39 pm

I enjoyed meeting EVINRUDE, and I will be really impressed if someone out there has a photo (and can name which film the character is from without Googling it!)

Jacca5660
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Jacca5660 » Sep Fri 23, 2011 3:15 pm

Over the years (Since 75) I always love seeing GOOFY!!! I have the most pictures with him.
Last edited by Jacca5660 on Sep Fri 23, 2011 10:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Our dreams can come true - if we have the courage to pursue them" WED

"There's a fine prow on that steamer, let's climb aboard her!" Fireside

"You're off the map mateys..Here there be SeaMonsters!!"

The original "LICENSE MAYHEM MARAUDER!!ImageImage

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Sep Fri 23, 2011 5:28 pm

Wyntuck wrote:I enjoyed meeting EVINRUDE, and I will be really impressed if someone out there has a photo (and can name which film the character is from without Googling it!)
You've piqued my interest. I have no idea unless it is one of the people from Hercules? or Emperor's New Groove?

Cub

Post by Cub » Sep Fri 23, 2011 9:21 pm

Wyntuck wrote:I enjoyed meeting EVINRUDE, and I will be really impressed if someone out there has a photo (and can name which film the character is from without Googling it!)
Not gonna lie, I had to Google the picture. I knew immediately that it's from The Rescuers!
-Walt Disney♥

Sharonofwindham
Shooting Galleries Gun Cleaner

Post by Sharonofwindham » Sep Sun 25, 2011 4:23 pm

I don't have a photo, but before I look at any other posts, is it The Rescuers Down Under? :hatter_bounce:

Sharonofwindham

Post by Sharonofwindham » Sep Sun 25, 2011 4:26 pm

Sharonofwindham wrote:
I don't have a photo, but before I look at any other posts, is it The Rescuers Down Under? :hatter_bounce:
The motor on the leaf(boat), some kind of bug, a dragonfly maybe? :?

Goofyfan
Snow White's Adventures Gem Miner
Snow White's Adventures Gem Miner

Post by Goofyfan » Sep Sun 25, 2011 9:17 pm

When my kids were young we brought them to all the characters that we could. The most memorable moment was when Jafar looked at my youngest daughter's autograh book and gave her a noogie for having tweety bird on the cover. I guess he didn't appreciate looney toons at Disney. The look on my daughter's face was priceless.
:goofy:

Cub

Post by Cub » Sep Mon 26, 2011 8:27 am

Sharonofwindham wrote:
Sharonofwindham wrote:
The motor on the leaf(boat), some kind of bug, a dragonfly maybe? :?
Yep, EVINRUDE is the dragonfly. I haven't seen that movie in yeeeeeeears.

Goofyfan wrote:When my kids were young we brought them to all the characters that we could. The most memorable moment was when Jafar looked at my youngest daughter's autograh book and gave her a noogie for having tweety bird on the cover. I guess he didn't appreciate looney toons at Disney. The look on my daughter's face was priceless.
:goofy:
Aww. I bet that was adorable! I've never met Jafar, but I'm hoping to see him this year!
-Walt Disney♥

DAR
Autopian Mechanic
Autopian Mechanic

Post by DAR » Oct Tue 04, 2011 7:55 pm

It's always cool to see Mickey, Donald, Goofy etc. Back in the early 80's I got to meet Robin Hood and Little John. Two characters you would never see today. I always thought that was cool.

Soarin08
Skyway Loader
Skyway Loader

Post by Soarin08 » Oct Tue 04, 2011 10:40 pm

This is all I gotta say-

Honestly I don't really go around to the meet-and-greets for characters much but I HAD to go to the one for Phineas and Ferb, it was one of the things I was most psyched about on my trip this July. Funny enough there were actually a lot of adults there in line too without kids, so I wasn't the only one...

Also loved meeting Fiesta Donald in the Mexico pavilion- however, Donald was being done that day by one of my best friends and hence why Donald is giving me a big hug in this photo.

And of course, classic (this is from my first CP)-

Cub

Post by Cub » Oct Wed 05, 2011 5:22 am

Aww! Cute pictures, Soarin!
-Walt Disney♥

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Oct Wed 05, 2011 6:44 am

Yay ~ nice photos of Soarin' with the characters ~ you should print out the one of you with Phineas and Ferb and give it to your brother for Christmas!