River Country Rumor

All four parks, waterparks, and other magic in Central Florida

Moderator: Moderators

Brian845
Mike Fink Keel Boats Boatswain

River Country Rumor

Post by Brian845 » Sep Wed 14, 2011 10:17 am

Ok, the *other* rumor that Magical Express bus driver passed on to me (the other was the Polynesian rumor) was the reopening of River Country. It's supposedly going to be isolated from Bay lake and be treated/chlorinated like the other water parks, and also expanded a bit. This one seems a bit more believable. Time will tell!

Len90
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Re: River Country Rumor

Post by Len90 » Sep Wed 14, 2011 10:29 am

Seriously doubt that will happen. River country's remnants are a mess and would be in need of major overhaul.
- Len90
"If you can dream it, you can do it. Always remember that this whole thing was started with a dream and a mouse."
"Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow, and fantasy"

Future Guy
Shooting Galleries Gun Cleaner

Post by Future Guy » Sep Wed 14, 2011 10:44 am

When considering the veracity of rumors you hear from bus drivers, there are two rules:

1. Bus drivers don't know anything.
2. When in doubt, see Rule #1.

Just because someone works at WDW doesn't mean that they're privy to any more "inside information" than you can find on the Internet.

Brian845

Post by Brian845 » Sep Wed 14, 2011 10:54 am

Future Guy wrote:When considering the veracity of rumors you hear from bus drivers, there are two rules:

Just because someone works at WDW doesn't mean that they're privy to any more "inside information" than you can find on the Internet.
The ME drivers don't even work for WDW, they work for Mears...But River Country is just sitting there...waiting...for something...

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Sep Wed 14, 2011 10:55 am

Brian845 wrote:
Future Guy wrote:When considering the veracity of rumors you hear from bus drivers, there are two rules:

The ME drivers don't even work for WDW, they work for Mears...But River Country is just sitting there...waiting...for something...
I could see this happening. But they would have to pretty much gut what is left of River Country and start over. But I can see it being a low cost investment with a good return...people like water parks!

Future Guy

Post by Future Guy » Sep Wed 14, 2011 12:29 pm

Brian845 wrote:
Yes, it is. Just like Wonders of Life, the Adventureland Veranda, the former upstairs ImageWorks, the Odyssey pavilion, and Disneylands PeopleMover track. Sadly, the fact that a piece of real estate is vacant is no guarantee that Disney will do something with it.

mindflipper
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by mindflipper » Sep Wed 14, 2011 12:45 pm

Future Guy wrote:
Brian845 wrote:
Yes, it is. Just like Wonders of Life, the Adventureland Veranda, the former upstairs ImageWorks, the Odyssey pavilion, and Disneylands PeopleMover track. Sadly, the fact that a piece of real estate is vacant is no guarantee that Disney will do something with it.
Amen! (but unfortunately so)...

Wizzard419
Pirates of the Caribbean Buccaneer

Post by Wizzard419 » Sep Wed 14, 2011 4:23 pm

Don't forget Discovery Island, that one where the guy snuck out there somehow, they treat the closed places kind of like scrapyards and just leave everything where it was on the day it closed. They don't need to keep it OSHA safe since it's closed and they can go in and pick out equipment/parts as needed.

Croaker
Snow White's Adventures Gem Miner
Snow White's Adventures Gem Miner

Post by Croaker » Sep Wed 14, 2011 7:29 pm

River Country Remenants and the bacteria rumor are a conspiracy cover up. its the entrance to the illuminati's underground tunnel that links to WDW. Disney is just a test run for what horrors lie ahead for the world. (America will have to become cast members on the world stage).

of course it could just be cheaper to leave it and not worry till they want or need to do something with the space.
[img]http://www.oleole.es/main/web/images/manchester-united_banner.jpg[/img]

rphillips14
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider

Post by rphillips14 » Sep Wed 14, 2011 8:18 pm

I don't see River County as an expense that would pay for itself. Disney already has 2 awesome parks why add a smaller one (that would cost a huge amount of $$$ to refurbish) to that list. It just doesn't seem to make good financial sense.

Wizzard419

Post by Wizzard419 » Sep Wed 14, 2011 9:02 pm

I actually didn't realize that it had closed in 2001 (which shows about how much I care about water parks). I'm guessing one of the reasons that they also closed it (aside from they had 2 other parks that were also in operation) was that it just didn't appear to have the same level of polish and theme to it. The others had more impossible themes of a hurricane or blizzard creating the park.

Sharonofwindham

Post by Sharonofwindham » Sep Wed 14, 2011 9:28 pm

I definitely think they should and will rebuild it eventually. It would definitely make a great themed "pool" area for Ft. Wilderness. It's sort of a joke, this huge campground, two little nothing pools and you can't swim in the lake anymore, when all the other resorts have themed pools! What is the #1 recreational activity when you go camping? Yeah, swimming :roll: Get your act together Disney, and clean up that mess!

Wizzard419

Post by Wizzard419 » Sep Wed 14, 2011 9:46 pm

But, isn't the point of camping to get back to nature and not go to a theme park or manufactured environment? :D

mindflipper
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by mindflipper » Sep Wed 14, 2011 11:34 pm

Wizzard419 wrote:But, isn't the point of camping to get back to nature and not go to a theme park or manufactured environment? :D
Well, it's Disney, so think of it more like "camping-ish"...

Wizzard419

Post by Wizzard419 » Sep Wed 14, 2011 11:57 pm

I wonder if people who camp at WDW tell their friends they went camping or just to WDW?

I have friends who go glamping (think old school safari style camping where it's the 4 seasons but you are in the wild and your massive room is still there but it's now a giant tent) and they tried to claim they were roughing it.