polynesian

All four parks, waterparks, and other magic in Central Florida

Moderator: Moderators

masterj345
Dumbo Flying Elephants Tamer

polynesian

Post by masterj345 » Jul Wed 13, 2011 2:05 pm

i wonder why they dont make a polynestian resort cd with all the poly music on it? everyone seems to love those tropical songs.

come to think of it, i would like to buy a cd of just about every resorts music.

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Re: polynesian

Post by Amy » Jul Wed 13, 2011 5:06 pm

masterj345 wrote:i wonder why they dont make a polynestian resort cd with all the poly music on it? everyone seems to love those tropical songs.

come to think of it, i would like to buy a cd of just about every resorts music.
I would think those would be popular CD's as well. I doubt Disney thinks the average visitor will want a CD of a particular resort though.

mindflipper
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by mindflipper » Jul Wed 13, 2011 6:31 pm

Just not enough demand. It's a shame Disney does sell park music in an on-line store like itunes...

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Jul Wed 13, 2011 6:57 pm

mindflipper wrote:Just not enough demand. It's a shame Disney does sell park music in an on-line store like itunes...
That would be awesome! But they probably wouldn't sell the atmosphere music, just the standard, It's a Small World, Yo-ho...etc. I remember when they still had the "make your own CD" kiosks. You could put 10, I think, songs on a CD. I asked the CM how much it would be to get the whole collection. He sort of looked at me like I was crazy and said, well, you would have to buy each CD with the 10 songs on it...I know they can fit a lot more info on a disk than is contained in 10 songs :roll: but evidently their technology didn't allow any more to be put on a CD than that. I think I got 2 or 3 since they were pretty pricey, but I never really cared much for them :(

mindflipper
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by mindflipper » Jul Wed 13, 2011 7:47 pm

Amy wrote:
mindflipper wrote:Just not enough demand. It's a shame Disney does sell park music in an on-line store like itunes...
That would be awesome! But they probably wouldn't sell the atmosphere music, just the standard, It's a Small World, Yo-ho...etc. I remember when they still had the "make your own CD" kiosks. You could put 10, I think, songs on a CD. I asked the CM how much it would be to get the whole collection. He sort of looked at me like I was crazy and said, well, you would have to buy each CD with the 10 songs on it...I know they can fit a lot more info on a disk than is contained in 10 songs :roll: but evidently their technology didn't allow any more to be put on a CD than that. I think I got 2 or 3 since they were pretty pricey, but I never really cared much for them :(
That's the old Disney Forever Kiosks done by the Red Dot Net. I'm talking about selling tunes like Amazon.com or Itunes...

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Jul Wed 13, 2011 7:53 pm

mindflipper wrote:
Amy wrote:
That's the old Disney Forever Kiosks done by the Red Dot Net. I'm talking about selling tunes like Amazon.com or Itunes...
No, I understood what you were saying, it just reminded me of the old kiosks. I still don't think Disney would sell atmosphere music via any method. They probably wouldn't think there was enough demand for it.

mindflipper
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by mindflipper » Jul Wed 13, 2011 8:09 pm

The old kiosks did have area or atmosphere music, as long as it was Disney's and not someone else's. Remember, a great deal of the music played belongs to someone other than Disney.

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Jul Wed 13, 2011 8:21 pm

mindflipper wrote:The old kiosks did have area or atmosphere music, as long as it was Disney's and not someone else's. Remember, a great deal of the music played belongs to someone other than Disney.
Did they? I guess I didn't remember that. That would make sense that they wouldn't or couldn't include other people's music.

mindflipper
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by mindflipper » Jul Wed 13, 2011 9:22 pm

Yep, they had a ton of stuff from the Land, the World of Motion, Splash Mtn, and others. I would still love it if Diz could do MP3 like Amazon.com...

Wizzard419
Pirates of the Caribbean Buccaneer

Post by Wizzard419 » Jul Wed 13, 2011 9:51 pm

If I recall, from another site, the songs used at the resort aren't Disney's, like with much of the area music, so if they wanted to sell it they would have to pay the original artists for it.

Sharonofwindham
Shooting Galleries Gun Cleaner
Shooting Galleries Gun Cleaner

Post by Sharonofwindham » Jul Thu 14, 2011 12:43 am

I would so love to stay there some day. To me even before I had ever been to WDW, the Poly seemed more "Disney" than any other resort, still does even though I have stayed at others.

Polynesian Princess
Davy Crockett's Explorer Canoes Guide

Post by Polynesian Princess » Jul Thu 14, 2011 2:18 am

I would love the Polynesian and other atmosphere music. Maybe some day they'll sell it ...
Can't wait to take my twin boys on their first trip to Walt Disney World! Planning on heading there sometime Feb-May 2014!

Wizzard419

Post by Wizzard419 » Jul Thu 14, 2011 10:51 am

Found it, here is the info on the cds/songs to buy since Disney can't sell them (without having to pay for them first).

http://www.magicmusic.net/topic/60-poly ... polynesian

Polynesian Princess

Post by Polynesian Princess » Jul Fri 15, 2011 3:41 am

A friend of mine created a Disney Loops site - http://www.disneymusicloops.com/ . She worked at WDW for many years and compiled these lists, including many of the links to purchase via Amazon. She hasn't updated the site since 2007 so something more recent won't be on there and not everything was complete (Polynesian wasn't included), but it might be useful to someone looking for some songs.
Can't wait to take my twin boys on their first trip to Walt Disney World! Planning on heading there sometime Feb-May 2014!

masterj345

Post by masterj345 » Jul Fri 15, 2011 11:31 pm

thats a cool link, but i wish it had links to more of the songs. (probably doesnt cuz there arent such links)

oh if only i woulda known those kiosks would be gone, i would have made like 20 cds back in the day !