New TTA Voice

All four parks, waterparks, and other magic in Central Florida

Moderator: Moderators

mindflipper
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Re: New TTA Voice

Post by mindflipper » Jan Fri 28, 2011 1:33 pm

Be honest, back on Dec. 4th when I was there, I really didn't pay attention to the narration one way or the other. I wonder what that says about it...

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Jan Fri 28, 2011 7:18 pm

mindflipper wrote:Be honest, back on Dec. 4th when I was there, I really didn't pay attention to the narration one way or the other. I wonder what that says about it...
Yeah, I didn't really notice one way or another so it must not have been horrendous or fantastic :?

csquare77
Shooting Galleries Gun Cleaner

Post by csquare77 » Jan Sat 29, 2011 2:00 pm

I like the new voice too, it does remind me of ORAC-1 which I do remember :D, It was a nice surprise when I heard the new recording last year. I had a bit of a gap between visits 2003-2010.

Satchel T
Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln Usher
Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln Usher

Post by Satchel T » Jun Wed 15, 2011 10:17 pm

I agree ... the old way was definitely better but I suppose that's part of the beauty of Disney World ... its always evolving yet staying the same... One of the things they do best!

bravetaylor
Sleeping Beauty Castle Guard
Sleeping Beauty Castle Guard

Post by bravetaylor » Jun Thu 16, 2011 7:55 am

I'm glad someone posted this thread. The change in TTA narration was as disappointing to me as the loss of Jeremy Irons in SpaceShip Earth. The new voice and narration has no character. It is just your run of the mill plastic, generic, Disney white bread, young seacrest dj sounding. I miss, "Now approaching Mickey's Startraders" sound.

mindflipper
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by mindflipper » Jun Thu 16, 2011 9:27 am

Think of it this way: there are many who hate the new voice and would like it to change back to the old. There will be a lot of people who will get used to the new voice and one day in the future, when the change the voice and narration again, they will hate the new voice/narration and will want it changed back too. Disappointment in changes is passed down from generation to generation...

theBIGyowski
Tom Sawyer Island Rafts Skipper

Post by theBIGyowski » Jun Wed 22, 2011 1:28 pm

to reiterate...the new voice is very similar to the old one...not the one most of you are thinking about...but the one that was replaced by the one you are thinking of...so mindflipper is right that once people get used to the current narration and it changes there will be those who won't like the change

1986: Offsite
1997: Offsite
2001: Coronado Springs
2008: Shades of Green / Saratoga Springs (WDW Half Marathon)
2009: Port Orleans French Quarter (WDW Half Marathon)
2010: Port Orleans Riverside (Honeymoon)
2011: Old Key West / Bay Lake Tower
2014: Kidani Village
2015: Old Key West (5th Wedding Anniversary)
2016: Old Key West (Kids' first WDW vacation in December!)

laurie5658
Mad Tea Party Host
Mad Tea Party Host

Post by laurie5658 » Jun Thu 23, 2011 8:07 pm

I am such a purist when it comes to WDW. PLEASE bring back the old narration! While you are at it, please bring back Mr. Toad, Dreamflight and Horizons. Thank you and carry on.

Sleepy90
Flight to the Moon Flight Director
Flight to the Moon Flight Director

Post by Sleepy90 » Jun Fri 24, 2011 2:16 am

theBIGyowski wrote:to reiterate...the new voice is very similar to the old one...not the one most of you are thinking about...but the one that was replaced by the one you are thinking of...so mindflipper is right that once people get used to the current narration and it changes there will be those who won't like the change
I do not mind the change in narration but could we please have Star Tunnel back it is so boring in space mountain now.

jacobcary1
Mike Fink Keel Boats Boatswain
Mike Fink Keel Boats Boatswain

Post by jacobcary1 » Jun Fri 24, 2011 7:55 am

Do we have audio of the new one?

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Jun Fri 24, 2011 8:07 am

jacobcary1 wrote:Do we have audio of the new one?
I'm pretty sure I heard the new one just yesterday.

mindflipper
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by mindflipper » Jun Fri 24, 2011 9:48 am

laurie5658 wrote:I am such a purist when it comes to WDW. PLEASE bring back the old narration! While you are at it, please bring back Mr. Toad, Dreamflight and Horizons. Thank you and carry on.
Sorry, but not Dreamflight. It was too friggin' cheap. It looked like the imagineers were trying to save some $$$ by making paper doll cut-out with cardboard. The whole attraction was basically cardboard cut-outs! I would take a torch to Dreamflights and bring back "If You Had Wings" instead. But to be honest, I like Buzz, so I would keep it before bringing back IYHW.

theBIGyowski

Post by theBIGyowski » Jun Mon 27, 2011 11:13 am

Sleepy90 wrote:
theBIGyowski wrote:to reiterate...the new voice is very similar to the old one...not the one most of you are thinking about...but the one that was replaced by the one you are thinking of...so mindflipper is right that once people get used to the current narration and it changes there will be those who won't like the change
I do not mind the change in narration but could we please have Star Tunnel back it is so boring in space mountain now.
I agree...as much time as you spend in Space Mountain...they need some kind of music for the duration. I want to say you do hear something when you are in one part of it...but can't remember off the top of my head.

I do love how they play "Now is the Time" but part of me does wish they had "Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow" instead. I love both songs though...tough call.

1986: Offsite
1997: Offsite
2001: Coronado Springs
2008: Shades of Green / Saratoga Springs (WDW Half Marathon)
2009: Port Orleans French Quarter (WDW Half Marathon)
2010: Port Orleans Riverside (Honeymoon)
2011: Old Key West / Bay Lake Tower
2014: Kidani Village
2015: Old Key West (5th Wedding Anniversary)
2016: Old Key West (Kids' first WDW vacation in December!)

TTA Traveler
Motor Boat Cruise Skipper
Motor Boat Cruise Skipper

Post by TTA Traveler » Jun Wed 29, 2011 9:54 am

What a bummer. This is one of my top attractions! :(

When you grew up with a ride it's hard to accept such changes. Especially when it was done so well... I mean, for me, Pete Renaday's hosting is probably the most enjoyable part of the ride and what sticks with me. And every time I hear the monotone "Now approaching.." (be honest, you read it in his voice!) announcements the kid in me lights up. I love it!

Though I'll accept nostalgia deals a large part in it. I'm sure the people of the WEDWay days were just as upset when it was redone in the 90s. :lol: I'm just happy my last trip to Walt Disney World was before they switched announcers. If I went after the change without knowing the swap I would have been really upset (okay, now just being overly dramatic. :P).

But I guess it's kind of cool that they're going back to the heyday of the original PeopleMover. Though my knowledge on the ride isn't that accurate, so maybe I'm wrong!
.. now arriving at Space Mountain, Tomorrowland's gateway to the galaxy..

csquare77

Post by csquare77 » Jul Tue 05, 2011 7:59 pm

I grew up with ORAC-1 so I like the new version better then the TTA Metroliner version. But I guess it all depends on when you "grew up".