Which park has the best music?

All four parks, waterparks, and other magic in Central Florida

Moderator: Moderators

yodiwan1
Storybookland Canal Boats Mate
Storybookland Canal Boats Mate

Re: Which park has the best music?

Post by yodiwan1 » Sep Wed 29, 2010 11:36 am

The original entrance music to EPCOT CENTER is by far the most amazing disney theme park music ever created. I do have to say that the rides from the 80s-mis 90s at Epcot had the best score. I still know almost every word from the Future World rides.(the songs that is)
"hold on to them hats and glasses, cause this here's the wildest ride in the wilderness!!"

northernmousefan2007
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider

Post by northernmousefan2007 » Nov Sat 27, 2010 9:33 pm

I vote for EPCOT, mostly because of Illuminations and the entrance music. I honestly don't care that much for the world showcase music.

mkfan1992
Main Street Cinema Projectionist
Main Street Cinema Projectionist

Post by mkfan1992 » Nov Sat 27, 2010 10:07 pm

Magic Kingdom.
Cast a spell of light, glimmering, shimmering, CAROUSELING!

Pluto23
Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln Usher
Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln Usher

Post by Pluto23 » Nov Sun 28, 2010 5:33 pm

What a tough question. I would have to choose AK and EPCOT, and probably give EPCOT the nod. There is just so much to experience at EPCOT, its hard not to vote for it.

Sleepy90
Flight to the Moon Flight Director

Post by Sleepy90 » Nov Mon 29, 2010 3:25 am

Epcot for me, although I do like the music at the back of Space Mountain in MK on the little path to Toontown.

Hmmm now that has got me thinking is that path still going to be there after the new Fantasyland upgrade, if they take Toontown away what will they do with the path?

kcarts

Post by kcarts » Nov Mon 29, 2010 10:59 am

This time of year I get a little sick of the Christmas music. It's everywhere! Last January I was there and got to the entrance at Epcot and heard the music and thought, OK, it's nice that I get the Christmas music at the entrance. Then I got inside, and it followed me! Everywhere! I love the Innoventions music, but there was none. I wish they would "contain" the holiday stuff and let Epcot (and the other parks for that matter) be themselves.

boilerbabe
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Post by boilerbabe » Nov Mon 29, 2010 11:15 am

kcarts wrote:This time of year I get a little sick of the Christmas music. It's everywhere! Last January I was there and got to the entrance at Epcot and heard the music and thought, OK, it's nice that I get the Christmas music at the entrance. Then I got inside, and it followed me! Everywhere! I love the Innoventions music, but there was none. I wish they would "contain" the holiday stuff and let Epcot (and the other parks for that matter) be themselves.
Oh no, I was worried about this, I was so looking forward to hearing Innoventions! :shock: I love the Epcot Christmas entrance music loop, but it should stay at the entrance. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE Christmas music, but I also love all of the other Epcot music as well. It kinda takes a little something away from the experience.

davea61
Casey Junior Circus Train Conductor
Casey Junior Circus Train Conductor

Post by davea61 » Nov Mon 29, 2010 12:12 pm

I'll agree it's a tough questions. But if I had to pick the park with the best music, mine would be DHS. I love the movie themes by GMR, the big band sounds at the TOT, and the Muppet area music. Also, the music from the shows (Beauty and the Beast, Little Mermaid, Fantasmic, etc...).

Mousekedude
Haunted Mansion Butler
Haunted Mansion Butler
Location: At Serenity Bay, on Castaway Cay again... I wish... :(

Post by Mousekedude » Nov Mon 29, 2010 12:18 pm

boilerbabe wrote:
kcarts wrote:This time of year I get a little sick of the Christmas music. It's everywhere! Last January I was there and got to the entrance at Epcot and heard the music and thought, OK, it's nice that I get the Christmas music at the entrance. Then I got inside, and it followed me! Everywhere! I love the Innoventions music, but there was none. I wish they would "contain" the holiday stuff and let Epcot (and the other parks for that matter) be themselves.
Oh no, I was worried about this, I was so looking forward to hearing Innoventions! :shock:...It kinda takes a little something away from the experience.
Likewise! I wanna hear my Innoventions! :evil:

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Nov Mon 29, 2010 1:20 pm

Mousekedude wrote:
boilerbabe wrote:
Oh no, I was worried about this, I was so looking forward to hearing Innoventions! :shock:...It kinda takes a little something away from the experience.
Oh no! I want to hear Innoventions too!! Maybe we will have to cause some mayhem and hack into the servers just for a little bit ;)

Mr.ToadWildRider

Re:

Post by Mr.ToadWildRider » Nov Mon 29, 2010 2:17 pm

mindflipper wrote:Tough for me - I have loved EPCOT, but I find it has declined musically over the years (newer attractions don't have the attention paid to it musically as the older attractions did).
I don't know I'm actually kind of partial to the music of Soarin' and Mission: Space. While I think SSE took a step backward with the recent update in terms of both the narration and music I actually like a lot of the newer attractions' music over the original pavilions' rather kitschy theme songs. It's Fun to be Free is fun, but it gets irritating rather quickly for me and I've never been a fan of The Universe of Energy/Feel the Flow. Granted, Test Track's "medley" also gets grating relatively fast I've actually requested it here several times whereas I've never requested some of the more original EPCOT tracks.

Even still, can't we count extinct music as park music? Wonders of Life lives on through the likes of Forgotten Yesterdays, The Oh of Pleasure, and Celestial Soda Pop on a regular basis here on Subsonic as does Dreamfinder. Nevertheless, with or without extinct attractions, Epcot is rather easily my favorite all around park music.

I'd have to say that DHS is my second simply due to ToT, the Sunset and Hollywood Blvd. music, and Aerosmith (when will they stop playing Dude Looks like a Lady so regularly on RnR though in favor of the much more fitting Back in the Saddle and Sweet Emotion?).

MK is really only in consideration due to Tomorrowland for me and that's not enough.

Mousekedude
Haunted Mansion Butler
Haunted Mansion Butler

Post by Mousekedude » Nov Mon 29, 2010 3:12 pm

Amy wrote: Oh no! I want to hear Innoventions too!! Maybe we will have to cause some mayhem and hack into the servers just for a little bit ;)
Where's Future Guy with his little mayhem gizmo thingy (I forgot what he called it in the story)...?

mindflipper
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by mindflipper » Nov Mon 29, 2010 3:27 pm

Please remember, the holiday music subtlely gets people into the whole Christmas Season Shopping Spirit...spend, spend, spend...why, I can almost hear the cash registers going "bing" from here! :wink: :lol:

Mousekedude
Haunted Mansion Butler
Haunted Mansion Butler

Post by Mousekedude » Nov Mon 29, 2010 3:53 pm

mindflipper wrote:Please remember, the holiday music subtlely gets people into the whole Christmas Season Shopping Spirit...spend, spend, spend...why, I can almost hear the cash registers going "bing" from here! :wink: :lol:
Ah yes.... the sound of the little crumb crunchers whining... "I wanna Duffy mommy....!!! Buy me one nowwwww!!!!!" (stomping little feet...)

kcarts

Post by kcarts » Nov Mon 29, 2010 4:04 pm

Mousekedude wrote:
boilerbabe wrote:
I think you guys might be out of luck. I was a little upset myself. I agree BB, it should stay at the entrance. It can linger into the "graveyard" but once you reach SSE, I think it should end and let the Epcot music come through. It was also on over at the International Gateway. I was sad about that too. I love the gateway music! Funny aside, on my last day there the music finally went back to the "normal music". I found a bench in the innoventions area and just sat and listened and took it all in. And then I did the same over at the International Gateway. I was just sitting there, looking around and listening. People must have thought I was nuts! :goofy:

Let me know what you guys find. I'd be interested to hear if it changed!