Spectromagic or The Electric Light Parade?

All four parks, waterparks, and other magic in Central Florida

Moderator: Moderators

Lion Sleeps Tonight
Rocket Jets Flight Director
Rocket Jets Flight Director

Re: Spectromagic or The Electric Light Parade?

Post by Lion Sleeps Tonight » Oct Thu 14, 2010 9:01 am

mindflipper wrote:
MmeLeota wrote:
Lion Sleeps Tonight wrote:I grew up with the Electrical Parade, so it'll always be my favorite. Not too fond of the current soundtrack they're using right now, or the fact that they got rid of the Blue Fairy, though.
I'm still bitter about the Blue Fairy too. There was always something about see her "float" down the route leading the parade. I guess her kind of "fairy" isn't popular anymore. :( It's all about Tink and her friends now...
Does anyone think that Tink's float in the parade looks like it was recycled with slapped-together bits from the defunct Light Magic?
Oh, wow. I never thought of that. Next time I see the Electrical Parade, I'll have to look closely.

On another note, I did get to see Light Magic while it was at DLR. It was that horrible. And to then play the theme song of the previous parade within that parade...what a slap in the face.
"A pirate in irons be full o' guile.
And the blackest 'art wears the broadest smile."

Oh, and "Welcome Home."

mindflipper
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by mindflipper » Oct Thu 14, 2010 9:15 am

I took that piece of music of the baroque hoedown from Light Magic and used it in an April's Fool Day joke. I created a fake brochure for "Disneyland Eire", currently under construction in the UK. In the brochure it mentioned it would have a new electrical parade, which would be a cross between the traditional parade as "Lord of the Dance." It was even going to choreographed by Michael Flatley. I included in my e-mail with the fake brochure that piece of music as a download from their website. Given how at that time Disneyland was building Hong Kong Disneyland, the idea seemed believable to my friends. Two sent me an e-mail back saying they couldn't get disneylandeire.com to open up. How I love that bit of music from that parade! :lol: :lol: :lol:

kcookiebaker
Autopian Mechanic
Autopian Mechanic

Post by kcookiebaker » Oct Thu 14, 2010 11:10 am

I love the tradition behind MSELP but I miss Spectromagic and its spectacular glamor a lot.
I hope they bring it back soon...the little parade is sweet, but truthfully, it didn't entertain me like it used to.
(Of course maybe it was because it was hot and crowded, but truthfully, I want Spectromagic back.)

Melanie
Omnibus Driver
Omnibus Driver

Post by Melanie » Oct Sun 17, 2010 2:21 pm

I really like the music and feel of both of them. I can't really pick haha. I like the music in Spectromagic but the special jolly feel of MSEP.

MouseMan
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider

Post by MouseMan » Oct Thu 21, 2010 10:45 am

Oh my favorite hands down is MSEP. Doesn't anyone feel those white glowing faces of the trumpet guys at the start of Spectromagic are just a bit spooky? I look at them as almost as werid as the burger king guy!

eccpBanana
King Arthur Carousel Horseman
King Arthur Carousel Horseman

Post by eccpBanana » Oct Wed 27, 2010 3:22 pm

MouseMan wrote:Doesn't anyone feel those white glowing faces of the trumpet guys at the start of Spectromagic are just a bit spooky?
These trumpet guys are way super cool and i would have to say that spectromagic is my favorite.

kellybus
Main Street Cinema Projectionist

Post by kellybus » Nov Sun 21, 2010 1:22 pm

The Electric Light Parade, It's the bestest of all their parades. So much to see and you can't see it all the 1st time. You need to see it more than once. :goofy_bounce:
[img]http://i538.photobucket.com/albums/ff346/MOD42/OKW2RL.jpg[/img]

heathernoel
Omnibus Driver
Omnibus Driver

Post by heathernoel » Nov Sun 21, 2010 3:35 pm

They will both be very special for their own reasons. But Spectro has my heart...I worked at Tony's during the 90's, and met my husband there. The parade is the sum total of our magic :)!

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Nov Sun 21, 2010 3:44 pm

heathernoel wrote:They will both be very special for their own reasons. But Spectro has my heart...I worked at Tony's during the 90's, and met my husband there. The parade is the sum total of our magic :)!
That's a great association you will always have with the Spectro parade!

mindflipper
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by mindflipper » Nov Sun 21, 2010 11:18 pm

I guess some of the Mayhem Marauders will get the chance to catch the late night MSEP parade on Dec. 4th, so we can post our impressions of it afterwards.

davea61
Casey Junior Circus Train Conductor
Casey Junior Circus Train Conductor

Post by davea61 » Nov Mon 22, 2010 7:34 am

I grew up with MSEP so I choose that one. Though I do like Spectro's music.

mkfan1992

Post by mkfan1992 » Nov Sat 27, 2010 10:09 pm

ELP was a Disney original, but SpectroMagic was at the Magic Kingdom before it was anywhere else. I like the score to SpectroMagic better. Soooooo, SpectroMagic.
Cast a spell of light, glimmering, shimmering, CAROUSELING!

NaCler
Country Bear Jamboree Greeter
Country Bear Jamboree Greeter

Post by NaCler » Nov Sun 28, 2010 11:50 am

I really like both parades. The technology in Spectromagic is better, of course, and the music is great. BUT, I think the music for the MSEP is the best Disney has ever created (probably because I heard it so much as a kid)....... can I call it a tie??? :D

boilerbabe
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Post by boilerbabe » Nov Sun 28, 2010 1:27 pm

We are so looking forward to seeing MSEP. B-dude has never seen this!!! It takes me back to my childhood.

Future Guy
Shooting Galleries Gun Cleaner
Shooting Galleries Gun Cleaner

Post by Future Guy » Nov Mon 29, 2010 7:50 am

MSEP has a certain appeal (for one thing, it's cool to see the focus on Pete's Dragon, Pinocchio, and the Alice characters), but Spectro has a grander, more "classic" feel. And I love that music. MSEP's music is kind of cool, but it has a way of getting lodged in your brain and refusing to budge, like the Gilligan's Island theme song or McDonald's jingles from 1985.