Ideas on new Haunted Mansion que

All four parks, waterparks, and other magic in Central Florida

Moderator: Moderators

Yensidaj
Autopian Mechanic
Autopian Mechanic

Ideas on new Haunted Mansion que

Post by Yensidaj » Nov Wed 03, 2010 3:59 pm

I have been seeing photos that the que at both mansions has been walled off. I have also been hearing mention of them putting in interactive que elements. I am wondering what people's imagination can come up with or if anyone has heard anything official/unoffical.

I personally think they are going to do something along the lines of the frontier land shooting arcade but only themed to the HM graveyard lol jk :goofy:

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Re: Ideas on new Haunted Mansion que

Post by Amy » Nov Thu 04, 2010 2:29 pm

Yensidaj wrote:I have been seeing photos that the que at both mansions has been walled off. I have also been hearing mention of them putting in interactive que elements. I am wondering what people's imagination can come up with or if anyone has heard anything official/unoffical.

I personally think they are going to do something along the lines of the frontier land shooting arcade but only themed to the HM graveyard lol jk :goofy:
What I've read sounds like the gravestones will be whispering clues to finding something, maybe at the end of the attraction in the exit line? I can't think of it right now...sorry :(

mindflipper
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by mindflipper » Nov Thu 04, 2010 3:12 pm

Just leave the graveyard tombstones alone! Frankly, I'm of the old adage: let sleeping ghosts lie...

MmeLeota
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Post by MmeLeota » Nov Thu 04, 2010 3:32 pm

mindflipper wrote:Just leave the graveyard tombstones alone! Frankly, I'm of the old adage: let sleeping ghosts lie...
Very well put!
No need for interactive queues...I love reading the tombstones as is and I don't need any help from any random voices (other than the ones in my head :shock: )
:hm_ghost:

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Nov Thu 04, 2010 7:02 pm

It does seem like the queue moves quickly enough that they don't need to add an interactive part. I will reserve judgement until I get to experience it though...

davea61
Casey Junior Circus Train Conductor
Casey Junior Circus Train Conductor

Post by davea61 » Nov Tue 16, 2010 7:54 am

If they have to do something, I think part of the que should be inside a building and become the walk-through attraction originally concieved for the HM. You can have cast members pop out at certain points and scare people!!

NaCler
Country Bear Jamboree Greeter

Post by NaCler » Nov Tue 16, 2010 9:18 am

davea61 wrote:If they have to do something, I think part of the que should be inside a building and become the walk-through attraction originally concieved for the HM. You can have cast members pop out at certain points and scare people!!
While I think the queue being inside is a great idea as that was Walt's original concept, I think we have learned (through the closing of Alien Encounter) that Disney is out of the business of scaring people. Unfortunately...

mindflipper
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by mindflipper » Nov Tue 16, 2010 10:05 am

NaCler wrote:
davea61 wrote:If they have to do something, I think part of the que should be inside a building and become the walk-through attraction originally concieved for the HM. You can have cast members pop out at certain points and scare people!!
While I think the queue being inside is a great idea as that was Walt's original concept, I think we have learned (through the closing of Alien Encounter) that Disney is out of the business of scaring people. Unfortunately...
Was Alien Encounter scarey? :shock: :? I couldn't stop laughing it was sooooooo lame... :wink: :mrgreen:

NaCler

Post by NaCler » Nov Tue 16, 2010 10:08 am

Well... I guess scary for those with very small kids who brought them on the "ride" even though they were sufficiently warned several times in the queue not to do so. :roll:

mindflipper
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by mindflipper » Nov Tue 16, 2010 10:24 am

IMHO the pre-show with S.I.R. and Skippy was more entertaining than the actual show itself!

theBIGyowski
Tom Sawyer Island Rafts Skipper
Tom Sawyer Island Rafts Skipper

Post by theBIGyowski » Nov Tue 16, 2010 10:58 am

prior to the attic scene added...I figured they could do something with the back story

having the tombstones whisper to guests and give them clues for something later seems a bit dumb IMO...because it adds no value and isn't "interactive"...but rather passive

1986: Offsite
1997: Offsite
2001: Coronado Springs
2008: Shades of Green / Saratoga Springs (WDW Half Marathon)
2009: Port Orleans French Quarter (WDW Half Marathon)
2010: Port Orleans Riverside (Honeymoon)
2011: Old Key West / Bay Lake Tower
2014: Kidani Village
2015: Old Key West (5th Wedding Anniversary)
2016: Old Key West (Kids' first WDW vacation in December!)

mindflipper
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by mindflipper » Nov Tue 16, 2010 11:12 am

Isn't the "experience" enough - why does it have to be "inter-active" at all?!? Anyway, if the next HM film does well, I expect they may want to add some of those new elements in like they did with Jones/Barbossa/Sparrow into the POTC.

MmeLeota
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Post by MmeLeota » Nov Tue 16, 2010 12:29 pm

mindflipper wrote:Isn't the "experience" enough - why does it have to be "inter-active" at all?!? Anyway, if the next HM film does well, I expect they may want to add some of those new elements in like they did with Jones/Barbossa/Sparrow into the POTC.
That's what I'm afraid of....
NaCler wrote:Well... I guess scary for those with very small kids who brought them on the "ride" even though they were sufficiently warned several times in the queue not to do so. :roll:
Those warnings worked on me... :shock:
mindflipper wrote:IMHO the pre-show with S.I.R. and Skippy was more entertaining than the actual show itself!
That's as far as I ever got... :shock:

Yensidaj
Autopian Mechanic
Autopian Mechanic

Post by Yensidaj » Nov Tue 16, 2010 2:18 pm

I just hope they keep it looking like a graveyard and not try to do something like the soarin que at WDW. Not that I don't enjoy those games... it's just that they have no place in a graveyard and would ruin the theming of the attraction. I don't want to see any LCD screens at all!! I do enjoy pointing out the madame leota gravestone to those who have never seen it before so little details like that would be very welcome.

mkfan1992
Main Street Cinema Projectionist
Main Street Cinema Projectionist

Post by mkfan1992 » Nov Sat 27, 2010 10:12 pm

Does the Haunted Mansion really need a new que? I've never waited more than 10 minutes to get on the ride.
Cast a spell of light, glimmering, shimmering, CAROUSELING!