favorite restaurant in the "World"

All four parks, waterparks, and other magic in Central Florida

Moderator: Moderators

NaCler
Country Bear Jamboree Greeter

Re: favorite restaurant in the "World"

Post by NaCler » Nov Tue 09, 2010 7:26 am

Amy wrote:My Mom is like you, she really likes sauerkraut and would happily eat in there. Maybe she can go with NaCler this December, and I can take his Mom somewhere my Mom won't go!
Hmmm... Mom Swap... sounds like a show on ABC (which is owned by Disney... just in case Len is watching).

Chernabog
Mad Tea Party Host
Mad Tea Party Host

Post by Chernabog » Nov Tue 09, 2010 10:22 am

I know I'm late to the party, but Le Celier is the best! There are many excellent choices, but there is a reason it is going to 2 TS next year. I was just in WDW last month and was able to get a pref seating and it was as terrific as I remember it! Excellant filet & the chedder cheese soup is amazing! (Alyhough it did kill me the next day while in DinoLand. But these are the sacrifices one makes for super rich Chedder Cheese soup!) Plus the Food & Wine Festival made the trip that much more delectible!!

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Nov Tue 09, 2010 11:25 am

NaCler wrote:
Amy wrote:My Mom is like you, she really likes sauerkraut and would happily eat in there. Maybe she can go with NaCler this December, and I can take his Mom somewhere my Mom won't go!
Hmmm... Mom Swap... sounds like a show on ABC (which is owned by Disney... just in case Len is watching).
Mom said this sounds like a good idea!

boilerbabe
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Post by boilerbabe » Nov Tue 09, 2010 11:30 am

We used have a favorite, Narccoossee's, until this past trip, my mom and I were so disappointed! I checked the menu before we left to make sure they still had the crab crusted halibut, but when we arrived for our special dinner and looked at the menu, the halibut had been replaced by mahi mahi. We ordered it anyway, thinking it would still taste great! Wrong! Mahi Mahi is a much blander fish, and to try and cover this up, they made it super spicey. My mom cannot eat spices due to her health condition and I don't enjoy spicey food when it's just for spice and no taste! Of course our waitress tried to make the situation right by letting us order something else, but our scallops were just o.k. Bottom line, we paid alot of $ for a meal we weren't crazy about. Sadly, we won't be returning to Narccoossee's until they bring back their halibut. It used to be heavenly. :(

Chernabog
Mad Tea Party Host
Mad Tea Party Host

Post by Chernabog » Nov Tue 09, 2010 11:34 am

boilerbabe wrote:We used have a favorite, Narccoossee's, until this past trip, my mom and I were so disappointed! I checked the menu before we left to make sure they still had the crab crusted halibut, but when we arrived for our special dinner and looked at the menu, the halibut had been replaced by mahi mahi. We ordered it anyway, thinking it would still taste great! Wrong! Mahi Mahi is a much blander fish, and to try and cover this up, they made it super spicey. My mom cannot eat spices due to her health condition and I don't enjoy spicey food when it's just for spice and no taste! Of course our waitress tried to make the situation right by letting us order something else, but our scallops were just o.k. Bottom line, we paid alot of $ for a meal we weren't crazy about. Sadly, we won't be returning to Narccoossee's until they bring back their halibut. It used to be heavenly. :(
Bummer! I hate when you go to a place expecting something, you get there, they don't have it, and what you get is lame. That happened a couple times to us but not quite to the level of your disapointment. Just don't make Le Cellier your new favorite, too many people already like it there!!

wewantsdaredhead
Snow White's Adventures Gem Miner

Post by wewantsdaredhead » Nov Tue 09, 2010 1:30 pm

Amy wrote:
NaCler wrote:
Mom said this sounds like a good idea!
I think you are onto something!
This way everyone gets to try! NaCler: Make sure you get some `kraut "to-go" for Amy... :)
;)

wewantsdaredhead

Post by wewantsdaredhead » Nov Tue 09, 2010 1:39 pm

Chernabog wrote:I know I'm late to the party, but Le Celier is the best! There are many excellent choices, but there is a reason it is going to 2 TS next year. I was just in WDW last month and was able to get a pref seating and it was as terrific as I remember it! Excellant filet & the chedder cheese soup is amazing! (Alyhough it did kill me the next day while in DinoLand. But these are the sacrifices one makes for super rich Chedder Cheese soup!) Plus the Food & Wine Festival made the trip that much more delectible!!
I keep checking for anything at LeCellier but with no luck. I know I came late to the party, but I hope to find something eventually. The place has to be awesome with as much praise as it gets on here.

Chernabog
Mad Tea Party Host
Mad Tea Party Host

Post by Chernabog » Nov Tue 09, 2010 5:52 pm

wewantsdaredhead wrote:
Chernabog wrote:I know I'm late to the party, but Le Celier is the best! There are many excellent choices, but there is a reason it is going to 2 TS next year. I was just in WDW last month and was able to get a pref seating and it was as terrific as I remember it! Excellant filet & the chedder cheese soup is amazing! (Alyhough it did kill me the next day while in DinoLand. But these are the sacrifices one makes for super rich Chedder Cheese soup!) Plus the Food & Wine Festival made the trip that much more delectible!!
I keep checking for anything at LeCellier but with no luck. I know I came late to the party, but I hope to find something eventually. The place has to be awesome with as much praise as it gets on here.
Good luck! I hope you get a pref seating, keep trying! Wish I was heading there now!

nicklesm17
Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln Usher

Post by nicklesm17 » Nov Tue 09, 2010 8:04 pm

wewantsdaredhead wrote:I keep checking for anything at LeCellier but with no luck. I know I came late to the party, but I hope to find something eventually. The place has to be awesome with as much praise as it gets on here.
we finally ate there this trip. yes, the cheddar cheese soup is good. the service is good. the meal is well presented, well prepared, and hot. all walk-ups were turned away, even early arrivals were told to come back at their appointed time. was it an enjoyable dining experience? yes. will we go dine there again? probably not. there is nothing bad i can say about this place, but i really believe the draw to this restaurant is the heel kicking you do when you actually get a reservation. would it be this coveted if the dining area were the size of boma's? it is the smallest restaurant on property, therefore it is hard to get a table. i think it is worth your time, just to judge for yourself. i don't think you'll be happy using signature (2 credits) on it beginning march 2011. i would suggest trying to get a reservation for lunch. you will not be able to see the difference (ambience-wise) as there are no windows. the menu is also nearly identical, and i believe they intend to keep it one dining credit for lunch. weigh this in when you plan your trip.

wewantsdaredhead

Post by wewantsdaredhead » Nov Wed 10, 2010 6:42 am

nicklesm17 wrote:
wewantsdaredhead wrote:I keep checking for anything at LeCellier but with no luck. I know I came late to the party, but I hope to find something eventually. The place has to be awesome with as much praise as it gets on here.
we finally ate there this trip. yes, the cheddar cheese soup is good. the service is good. the meal is well presented, well prepared, and hot. all walk-ups were turned away, even early arrivals were told to come back at their appointed time. was it an enjoyable dining experience? yes. will we go dine there again? probably not. there is nothing bad i can say about this place, but i really believe the draw to this restaurant is the heel kicking you do when you actually get a reservation. would it be this coveted if the dining area were the size of boma's? it is the smallest restaurant on property, therefore it is hard to get a table. i think it is worth your time, just to judge for yourself. i don't think you'll be happy using signature (2 credits) on it beginning march 2011. i would suggest trying to get a reservation for lunch. you will not be able to see the difference (ambience-wise) as there are no windows. the menu is also nearly identical, and i believe they intend to keep it one dining credit for lunch. weigh this in when you plan your trip.
Thanks for the tips---I agree about the 2 credits thing. That's one of the reasons I keep checking for a ressie...I really don't see myself using two credits for anything. So, come next visit--it won't even be an option.
I'm pretty frugal like that! :)

nicklesm17

Post by nicklesm17 » Nov Wed 10, 2010 7:13 am

don't give up trying. just keep checking on a daily basis (even a few times a day). it wasn't until shortly before my trip that a single opening popped and i nailed it. as luck would have it, it was even at the time i wanted. so it can happen, if not, keep the single credit lunch option in mind for your next trip.

wewantsdaredhead

Post by wewantsdaredhead » Nov Wed 10, 2010 12:18 pm

nicklesm17 wrote:don't give up trying. just keep checking on a daily basis (even a few times a day). it wasn't until shortly before my trip that a single opening popped and i nailed it. as luck would have it, it was even at the time i wanted. so it can happen, if not, keep the single credit lunch option in mind for your next trip.
JACKPOT! I went on there to see what kind of beer they serve at the Biergarten (I love beer, what of it? ;) )..
And there it was---Le Cellier-11:30 on Dec 24th (Yup Christmas Eve!) available.
I almost refused to believe it.

I'll let you know how it was! Thanks...

davea61
Casey Junior Circus Train Conductor
Casey Junior Circus Train Conductor

Post by davea61 » Nov Wed 10, 2010 12:19 pm

Here are our park fav's:

MK
B: Main Street Bakery
L: El Pirata Y El Perico
D: Tony's

Epcot
B: Norway
L: Garden Grill
D: Mexico

DHS
B: ??
L: 50's Prime Time
D: Brown Derby

We don't have any favorites for AK yet.

NaCler

Post by NaCler » Nov Wed 10, 2010 12:31 pm

wewantsdaredhead wrote:
nicklesm17 wrote:don't give up trying. just keep checking on a daily basis (even a few times a day). it wasn't until shortly before my trip that a single opening popped and i nailed it. as luck would have it, it was even at the time i wanted. so it can happen, if not, keep the single credit lunch option in mind for your next trip.
JACKPOT! I went on there to see what kind of beer they serve at the Biergarten (I love beer, what of it? ;) )..
And there it was---Le Cellier-11:30 on Dec 24th (Yup Christmas Eve!) available.
I almost refused to believe it.

I'll let you know how it was! Thanks...
That is AWESOME bud... Congrats... I can't get any for me. :(

nicklesm17

Post by nicklesm17 » Nov Wed 10, 2010 6:42 pm

since this resurrected post has some current dining suggestion/opinions, i'll add mine (fresh from the "world"). every trip there are a few places we go, w/out fail. this trip was no different they are (in no order): crystal palace and tusker house (character breakfasts), boma and prime time cafe (dinner), and garden grill (character dinner). those are the constants, others come and go. this is based on overall enjoyment. if we're talking food qaulity, for us, hands down, the meal at garden grill is consistently the best year after year. it's hard to walk into the "land" and not want to sit down to those smells. everyone has a few favorite local restaurants where "you just can't get that anywhere else", that's what the garden grill is to us. the first meal every trip, and can't wait to get back there again.