Clockwise or Counterclockwise EPCOT???

All four parks, waterparks, and other magic in Central Florida

Moderator: Moderators

Which way do you go around the EPCOT World Showcase?

Clockwise around EPCOT
58%
Counter-Clockwise around EPCOT
42%

Total votes: 103

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Re: Clockwise or Counterclockwise EPCOT???

Post by Amy » Oct Thu 07, 2010 6:51 pm

Jacca5660 wrote:
Mousekedude wrote:Okay, so I can see that they will have a few things that are distinctly Korean, such as the Kimchi, and that's a good thing. But everything else is pretty much a variation of stuff you can get at a lot of other Asian restaurants. I'm not trying to diss it, I'm just saying that it seems like a tough prospect to come up with a good variety of things that are exclusively Korean.... you know, the way stuff like Strudel is exclusively German and so forth. That's the whole point of the Food and Wine showcase for all the countries... offer stuff that is exclusive (or most commonly linked to) each particular country. It can be hard to do that for the Asian countries when so much of their food is very similar, is all I was saying.
As for the Korean menu, I would like to try everything on it... shame I won't be able to make it. :(
It's also hard to do exclusively Australian food. I mean living on or near the Gulf coast we see shrimp (prawns) cook all sorts of different ways.
I'm pretty sure the kangaroo I tried in Australia was exclusively Australian :shock: (I had to try it while I was there, along with camel, and a few other varmits you wouldn't normally think about eating. I am not much of a meat eater and that tasting party didn't help make me want to eat more meat either! :shock: But if you slap BBQ sauce on it, I'll eat almost anything! :lol: )

Wizzard419
Pirates of the Caribbean Buccaneer

Post by Wizzard419 » Oct Thu 07, 2010 10:00 pm

What would be awesome is if they flew in California raised kangaroo to australia.

Now to go apply BBQ sauce to a tractor, which region's style do you like most? :D

Jacca5660
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Jacca5660 » Oct Thu 07, 2010 10:20 pm

Wizzard419 wrote:What would be awesome is if they flew in California raised kangaroo to australia.

Now to go apply BBQ sauce to a tractor, which region's style do you like most? :D
Texas!!
"Our dreams can come true - if we have the courage to pursue them" WED

"There's a fine prow on that steamer, let's climb aboard her!" Fireside

"You're off the map mateys..Here there be SeaMonsters!!"

The original "LICENSE MAYHEM MARAUDER!!ImageImage

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Oct Fri 08, 2010 5:30 am

Jacca5660 wrote:
Wizzard419 wrote:What would be awesome is if they flew in California raised kangaroo to australia.

Texas!!
:lol: Southern style! But wait, to stay on topic, I'll twirl counterclockwise while I eat my sammmwich ;)

ddfaunt
Horseless Carriage Chauffeur

Post by ddfaunt » Oct Fri 08, 2010 11:39 am

When we head into World Showcase we always stop to buy a passport and then head clockwise (left) to Mexico.

Our reasoning for this is simple... I'm not a big beer drinker, yet I drink around the world every time we go. So starting with margaritas works best for me. Ending with beer in Canada is fine, because by that point... I can't really taste it!

This is the real reason for the passports, we write in the drink we had in each country.
"The Big Apple. New York, New York. City of ten million dreams ... and one parking space."

theBIGyowski
Tom Sawyer Island Rafts Skipper
Tom Sawyer Island Rafts Skipper

Post by theBIGyowski » Oct Fri 08, 2010 2:21 pm

ddfaunt wrote:When we head into World Showcase we always stop to buy a passport and then head clockwise (left) to Mexico.

Our reasoning for this is simple... I'm not a big beer drinker, yet I drink around the world every time we go. So starting with margaritas works best for me. Ending with beer in Canada is fine, because by that point... I can't really taste it!

This is the real reason for the passports, we write in the drink we had in each country.
Just wrote that down in my notebook...and will be doing this on the next trip!!!

1986: Offsite
1997: Offsite
2001: Coronado Springs
2008: Shades of Green / Saratoga Springs (WDW Half Marathon)
2009: Port Orleans French Quarter (WDW Half Marathon)
2010: Port Orleans Riverside (Honeymoon)
2011: Old Key West / Bay Lake Tower
2014: Kidani Village
2015: Old Key West (5th Wedding Anniversary)
2016: Old Key West (Kids' first WDW vacation in December!)

laurie5658
Mad Tea Party Host
Mad Tea Party Host

Post by laurie5658 » Oct Fri 08, 2010 3:32 pm

It all depends on if I want to stop at the maragrita bar at mexico first or last LOL.

Wizzard419

Post by Wizzard419 » Oct Fri 08, 2010 4:22 pm

What are the passports? Like the autograph books?

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Oct Fri 08, 2010 7:23 pm

Wizzard419 wrote:What are the passports? Like the autograph books?
I'm curious too...are there any cool discounts included with them or are they strictly a souvenir?

Jacca5660
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Jacca5660 » Oct Fri 08, 2010 7:33 pm

Amy wrote:
Wizzard419 wrote:What are the passports? Like the autograph books?
I'm curious too...are there any cool discounts included with them or are they strictly a souvenir?
They are strictly a souvenir (about $10), but you can have a CM sign it in every country. They are normally an activity for the kids, but using them to clock drinks is inventive and I wish i would have thought of it! ;+>
"Our dreams can come true - if we have the courage to pursue them" WED

"There's a fine prow on that steamer, let's climb aboard her!" Fireside

"You're off the map mateys..Here there be SeaMonsters!!"

The original "LICENSE MAYHEM MARAUDER!!ImageImage

ddfaunt

Post by ddfaunt » Oct Fri 22, 2010 9:09 am

I’m glad everyone like this idea… it’s probably one of the highlights of the vacation. Everyone looks forward to it.

It should be noted that we do get the passport filled out at each KidCot station too… we also fill in the stickers so that it’s complete. Ans let's be honest here, who wouldn’t want there name written in Japanese and then next to it have written that you had sake at 12:15 pm on a Tuesday.

I leave in 6 days for WDW, and we are doing it again this year. When I get back I will try to post photos of the completed passport. My other ones are in storage. We also have a new game for this trip… it's called "Where in The World is Brian. Since it’s Halloween, my brother Brian bought a Where’s Waldo costume to wear… can you imagine the photos we will take “around the world”.

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Oct Fri 22, 2010 2:51 pm

ddfaunt wrote:I’m glad everyone like this idea… it’s probably one of the highlights of the vacation. Everyone looks forward to it.
It should be noted that we do get the passport filled out at each KidCot station too… we also fill in the stickers so that it’s complete. Ans let's be honest here, who wouldn’t want there name written in Japanese and then next to it have written that you had sake at 12:15 pm on a Tuesday.
I leave in 6 days for WDW, and we are doing it again this year. When I get back I will try to post photos of the completed passport. My other ones are in storage. We also have a new game for this trip… it's called "Where in The World is Brian. Since it’s Halloween, my brother Brian bought a Where’s Waldo costume to wear… can you imagine the photos we will take “around the world”.
Looking forward to seeing the photos of the completed passport. Don't worry, we won't judge you by how much alcohol you manage to imbibe in one trip ;)
Where in the World is Brian sounds like fun too!

jmenjes
Dumbo Flying Elephants Tamer
Dumbo Flying Elephants Tamer

Post by jmenjes » Oct Mon 25, 2010 11:01 pm

I mostly go counterclockwise around World Showcase. It's kinda rare for me to head around in a clockwise loop of the lagoon.

leblanan
Mike Fink Keel Boats Boatswain
Mike Fink Keel Boats Boatswain

Post by leblanan » Oct Tue 26, 2010 9:29 am

In a trip we usually get to Epcot at least twice, we usually go around world showcase once clockwise and once counterclockwise

cousininmiami
Davy Crockett's Explorer Canoes Guide
Davy Crockett's Explorer Canoes Guide

Post by cousininmiami » Oct Tue 26, 2010 11:07 am

ddfaunt wrote:When we head into World Showcase we always stop to buy a passport and then head clockwise (left) to Mexico.

I am adding this idea to our eating and drinking around the countries that we do every time in EPCOT! Our "rules" are that you must drink and eat something in EVERY country! Sounds filling however we split things along the way, and get small things for us all to try.

A couple times we have added that we have to buy a souvenir in every country too. But this sounds like the ultimate souvenir to bring home, a Passport!