Who else loves the buses at WDW?

All four parks, waterparks, and other magic in Central Florida

Moderator: Moderators

kcarts
Flight to the Moon Flight Director

Re: Who else loves the buses at WDW?

Post by kcarts » Oct Sat 02, 2010 10:47 am

I would love to see some some bus sound on here. You know the guy that tells you where your heading and to hold on for dear life if you're standing.

Wizzard419
Pirates of the Caribbean Buccaneer
Pirates of the Caribbean Buccaneer

Post by Wizzard419 » Oct Sat 02, 2010 1:03 pm

Not a huge fan of the buses mostly because some of them take forever to show up (such as the ones to Animal Kingdom) and they can be really packed.

Cub
Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln Usher
Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln Usher

Post by Cub » Oct Wed 13, 2010 11:23 am

I absolutely love the bus system. :mrgreen: It's so much easier than parking and walking three miles to the entrance.
It has it's downsides, yes. Like when you're crammed like sardines in there and you are forced to stand and hold onto the ropes and the park you're going to just happens to be the farthest away from your resort. :lol:

But I love it, either way. :D
"All your dreams can come true if you have the courage to pursue them."
-Walt Disney♥

davea61
Casey Junior Circus Train Conductor
Casey Junior Circus Train Conductor

Post by davea61 » Oct Wed 13, 2010 12:00 pm

We stayed at the Caribbean and used the buses. I have to say we had a love/hate feeling about them. At times, we enjoyed their convenience and other times we wished we rented. One night leaving MK at closing, we had a 45 minute wait to board because of lines. Not a good experience when you and your young children are exhausted. Since the Carib is one of the largest resorts, they always had the longest lines.

indianagirl21
Main Street Cinema Projectionist
Main Street Cinema Projectionist

Post by indianagirl21 » Oct Wed 13, 2010 12:13 pm

I have to say that I love the bus system at WDW too. I only went there once but love how convenient they are.

WDW is so big and spread out... it really helps that they provide buses

Len90
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Len90 » Nov Mon 08, 2010 2:26 pm

Amy wrote:Ok, I'm being lazy and not reading through all 4 pages, but the first person that sprang to mind when I saw the topic title was.... LEN!!! Len loves the WDW buses :lol:
BUSTED! I do really enjoy the bus system. I like it so much that I even have a thread on the board with the WDW transport bus roster. I think the thing that makes me enjoy the bus system so much is that we have Nova LFS buses at Rutgers and I just imagine myself on the bus to MK every time I ride the bus. The ironic thing about the buses is that most of the time on our past trip, our bus rides were on the Nova LFS, including our first ride over to the MK on arrival day!
- Len90
"If you can dream it, you can do it. Always remember that this whole thing was started with a dream and a mouse."
"Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow, and fantasy"

Mousekedude
Haunted Mansion Butler
Haunted Mansion Butler
Location: At Serenity Bay, on Castaway Cay again... I wish... :(

Post by Mousekedude » Nov Mon 08, 2010 2:44 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol: When saw this thread, the first person I thought of was Len too!

I love the buses. They are part of the experience and add to the excitement. Especially because they play the park music on the way to the parks, and your resort music on the way back. Sometimes it's a pain when they're crowded, yes, but often you get to meet some really cool fellow Disney freaks that way. We always enjoy talking to the families with the little kids. They're always so excited that it's infectious, and gets us all excited about Disney all over again. When we're just too tired or in too much of a hurry to get back, or we have to get to an ADR that's somewhere we can't go directly to on a bus, we just catch a taxi. We plan and budget for taxis several times each trip. But we wouldn't trade the bus service for anything. We do enough driving at home... taking the buses is part of the fun of being on vacation. :D

Jacca5660
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Jacca5660 » Nov Mon 08, 2010 2:53 pm

Mousekedude wrote::lol: :lol: :lol: When saw this thread, the first person I thought of was Len too!

I love the buses. They are part of the experience and add to the excitement. Especially because they play the park music on the way to the parks, and your resort music on the way back. Sometimes it's a pain when they're crowded, yes, but often you get to meet some really cool fellow Disney freaks that way. We always enjoy talking to the families with the little kids. They're always so excited that it's infectious, and gets us all excited about Disney all over again. When we're just too tired or in too much of a hurry to get back, or we have to get to an ADR that's somewhere we can't go directly to on a bus, we just catch a taxi. We plan and budget for taxis several times each trip. But we wouldn't trade the bus service for anything. We do enough driving at home... taking the buses is part of the fun of being on vacation. :D
Riding the buses at WDW is as much as a non-experience for me as riding a boat called the "STATEN ISLAND FERRY" to get to the parks. Growing up in Brooklyn it's just not as exciting! I mean there is no danger at all and they smell good. There's no, lets say, smell of humanity. Like you sometimes question (to yourself) on a NYC buss, did somebody think that seat said restroom on it? Also at WDW there is no sign of someone living on the buses or ferries!!
"Our dreams can come true - if we have the courage to pursue them" WED

"There's a fine prow on that steamer, let's climb aboard her!" Fireside

"You're off the map mateys..Here there be SeaMonsters!!"

The original "LICENSE MAYHEM MARAUDER!!ImageImage

MoonPet
Fantasyland Theater Projectionist
Fantasyland Theater Projectionist

Post by MoonPet » Nov Mon 08, 2010 4:42 pm

Jacca5660 wrote:
Mousekedude wrote::lol: :lol: :lol: When saw this thread, the first person I thought of was Len too!

Riding the buses at WDW is as much as a non-experience for me as riding a boat called the "STATEN ISLAND FERRY" to get to the parks. Growing up in Brooklyn it's just not as exciting! I mean there is no danger at all and they smell good. There's no, lets say, smell of humanity. Like you sometimes question (to yourself) on a NYC buss, did somebody think that seat said restroom on it? Also at WDW there is no sign of someone living on the buses or ferries!!
SNORT!!! Too funny . . .

I do like the buses, especially since they now play the themed music during the ride. However, while they are great for getting from resort to park and park to park, they are not efficient if you are trying to get to another resort. I think the bus experience depends on your resort, also. Going to and from Old Key West is always a pleasant ride, but I have seen how long and crowded the lines can get at some of the value resort stops.

However, I will agree with the poster above. Taking the OKW bus to MK to connect to the monorail to GF is really no different than taking the train to midtown then catching the crosstown bus. Except that it is Disney. Yay!

MetalRage

Post by MetalRage » Nov Mon 08, 2010 6:27 pm

I've always wanted to ride the buses. I never have since we always just drive to the parks. One day I will take the bus!
"When you're curious, you find lots of interesting things to do. And one thing it takes to accomplish something is courage." - Walt Disney :mickey3:

[url=http://www.userbars.com][img]http://img4.imageshack.us/img4/9147/userbar721338ez4.gif[/img][/url]

"We wants the redhead!"

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Nov Mon 08, 2010 7:21 pm

MetalRage wrote:I've always wanted to ride the buses. I never have since we always just drive to the parks. One day I will take the bus!
You could take one of the buses to the resorts to check out the holiday decorations if you are there during that time :D

mindflipper
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by mindflipper » Nov Mon 08, 2010 9:21 pm

Len90 wrote:
Amy wrote:Ok, I'm being lazy and not reading through all 4 pages, but the first person that sprang to mind when I saw the topic title was.... LEN!!! Len loves the WDW buses :lol:
BUSTED! I do really enjoy the bus system. I like it so much that I even have a thread on the board with the WDW transport bus roster. I think the thing that makes me enjoy the bus system so much is that we have Nova LFS buses at Rutgers and I just imagine myself on the bus to MK every time I ride the bus. The ironic thing about the buses is that most of the time on our past trip, our bus rides were on the Nova LFS, including our first ride over to the MK on arrival day!
When I saw this topic, my first thought was "Len90" because there is no other person around who's the authority that loves to geek on the WDW bus system. I bet he knows all the license plates of the buses by heart. But I already see he's posted that confession...

Mousekedude
Haunted Mansion Butler
Haunted Mansion Butler
Location: At Serenity Bay, on Castaway Cay again... I wish... :(

Post by Mousekedude » Nov Tue 09, 2010 10:22 am

mindflipper wrote:... I bet he knows all the license plates of the buses by heart. But I already see he's posted that confession...
Knows even the license plates by heart?! :shock:

Hmmmm.... anybody seen "Rain Man" lately...? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sorry, Len... couldn't help it... :wink: :D

Len90
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Len90 » Nov Tue 09, 2010 10:35 am

Mousekedude wrote:
mindflipper wrote:... I bet he knows all the license plates of the buses by heart. But I already see he's posted that confession...
Knows even the license plates by heart?! :shock:

Hmmmm.... anybody seen "Rain Man" lately...? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sorry, Len... couldn't help it... :wink: :D
Hate to disappoint, but I have no idea about the license plates on the buses. The only things I do know are the bus numbers and how it relates to the model and build year of each bus. For example if you got on bus 5009-10 you would be on a 2010 Nova LFS that was part of a 10 bus settlement Disney had with Nova Bus. If you were on 4997-09 you would be on a 2009 Gillig Advantage Low Floor bus. If you boarded bus number 4801, you would be on a 1993 TMC RTS. I'm telling you I'm completely normal. I just really enjoy numbers.

For those of you who would like to play along and know which bus you are riding: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=6469&start=0
- Len90
"If you can dream it, you can do it. Always remember that this whole thing was started with a dream and a mouse."
"Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow, and fantasy"

Jacca5660
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Jacca5660 » Nov Tue 09, 2010 11:32 am

I don't know the numbers, but here they are???? :lol: :roll: :wink:
"Our dreams can come true - if we have the courage to pursue them" WED

"There's a fine prow on that steamer, let's climb aboard her!" Fireside

"You're off the map mateys..Here there be SeaMonsters!!"

The original "LICENSE MAYHEM MARAUDER!!ImageImage