Eating at WDW for less!!!

All four parks, waterparks, and other magic in Central Florida

Moderator: Moderators

yodiwan1
Storybookland Canal Boats Mate

Eating at WDW for less!!!

Post by yodiwan1 » Aug Fri 27, 2010 1:12 pm

So I was on MouseSavers earlier and ran across some info about restaurants.com. Turns out that some of the places to eat at DTD and the Swan and Dolphin hotels are on it!!!! I Was already planning on eating at the Garden Groove in January. My wife keeps saying that prices for dinner are so expensive! Well, I bought a 2 $25 gift certificates to garden Grove, and Il Mulino. Grand total using the promo code Clearance....$4.00!!!! YES ONLY $4.00!!!!!! I may also get one for House of BLues next!! Now more money to spend on souvenirs!!!
"hold on to them hats and glasses, cause this here's the wildest ride in the wilderness!!"

99Soulz
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider

Re: Eating at WDW for less!!!

Post by 99Soulz » Aug Fri 27, 2010 1:48 pm

yodiwan1 wrote:Now more money to spend on souvenirs!!!

Nice, always room for more souveniers!!

Thanks for the info!

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Aug Fri 27, 2010 4:21 pm

yodiwan1 wrote:So I was on MouseSavers earlier and ran across some info about restaurants.com. Turns out that some of the places to eat at DTD and the Swan and Dolphin hotels are on it!!!! I Was already planning on eating at the Garden Groove in January. My wife keeps saying that prices for dinner are so expensive! Well, I bought a 2 $25 gift certificates to garden Grove, and Il Mulino. Grand total using the promo code Clearance....$4.00!!!! YES ONLY $4.00!!!!!! I may also get one for House of BLues next!! Now more money to spend on souvenirs!!!
Have you used this restaurants.com before? It does sound like an intriguing way to save some money but I would be worried that the restaurants wouldn't accept it when you get there.

yodiwan1

Post by yodiwan1 » Aug Sat 28, 2010 9:15 am

it's legt my mother in law uses them all the time.
"hold on to them hats and glasses, cause this here's the wildest ride in the wilderness!!"

nicklesm17
Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln Usher
Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln Usher

Post by nicklesm17 » Aug Sat 28, 2010 4:20 pm

yes, it's true. just make sure you read the restrictions. we use them here (in illinois) too. just enter the zip of where you're going to be and they'll give you the gift certificates offered in that area. they change all the time, so you almost have to check them daily. yet, real restaurants, real deals, little to no catch. typical restrictions are anything from minimum 4 people at table, one certificate per table, valid only on certain days, must spend $$ minimum, etc.. good stuff, really good savings, now many restaurants become in your budget that you may have otherwise not tried.

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Aug Sat 28, 2010 4:34 pm

nicklesm17 wrote:yes, it's true. just make sure you read the restrictions. we use them here (in illinois) too. just enter the zip of where you're going to be and they'll give you the gift certificates offered in that area. they change all the time, so you almost have to check them daily. yet, real restaurants, real deals, little to no catch. typical restrictions are anything from minimum 4 people at table, one certificate per table, valid only on certain days, must spend $$ minimum, etc.. good stuff, really good savings, now many restaurants become in your budget that you may have otherwise not tried.
I wonder how many people don't read through the restrictions though.
Good thing to know they work though yodiwan and nicklesm :D

stinoi
Fantasyland Theater Projectionist
Fantasyland Theater Projectionist

Post by stinoi » Aug Sun 29, 2010 3:14 pm

Great tip! We'll be sure to try that out on our upcoming trip and here at home too. I hadn't really thought about checking them.

paul1232
Omnibus Driver
Omnibus Driver

Post by paul1232 » Aug Sun 29, 2010 4:14 pm

cool. I'm going back in Nov!