You know you're a WDW nut when...

All four parks, waterparks, and other magic in Central Florida

Moderator: Moderators

theBIGyowski
Tom Sawyer Island Rafts Skipper
Tom Sawyer Island Rafts Skipper

Re: You know you're a WDW nut when...

Post by theBIGyowski » Jun Tue 22, 2010 1:20 pm

The Disney Store in my town closed down about a year ago...very, very sad. I used to love going there as a kid and that is where my mom would buy our park passes every time because she could get a discount there. I loved the "animatronics" that were around the edge of the ceiling and the giant pile of stuffed animal characters in the back below the giant screen playing classic Disney movies.

You know you're a WDW nut when you count the rest of your workday by how many and which Subsonic Radio tracks are left before 5:00. ;)

1986: Offsite
1997: Offsite
2001: Coronado Springs
2008: Shades of Green / Saratoga Springs (WDW Half Marathon)
2009: Port Orleans French Quarter (WDW Half Marathon)
2010: Port Orleans Riverside (Honeymoon)
2011: Old Key West / Bay Lake Tower
2014: Kidani Village
2015: Old Key West (5th Wedding Anniversary)
2016: Old Key West (Kids' first WDW vacation in December!)

NaCler
Country Bear Jamboree Greeter
Country Bear Jamboree Greeter

Post by NaCler » Jun Tue 22, 2010 1:27 pm

theBIGyowski wrote:You know you're a WDW nut when you count the rest of your workday by how many and which Subsonic Radio tracks are left before 5:00. ;)
Only 25 left!! Come on clock! haha...

cousininmiami
Davy Crockett's Explorer Canoes Guide
Davy Crockett's Explorer Canoes Guide

Post by cousininmiami » Jun Tue 22, 2010 1:35 pm

When you always have a trip planned to WDW... mine is in 10 more days! (heart just skipped a beat) Yay!
°o° "...it's a great big beautiful tomorrow, shining at the end of every day" °o°

Mousekedude
Haunted Mansion Butler
Haunted Mansion Butler
Location: At Serenity Bay, on Castaway Cay again... I wish... :(

Post by Mousekedude » Jun Tue 22, 2010 2:55 pm

Amy wrote:
Len90 wrote:When your local Disney Store knows you...
Our local Disney Store has been watered down to children's clothes, toys and a few t-shirts :(
I rarely even stop in anymore...the last time I walked through, not a single employee acknowledged me...it was sad...
Ditto here, and you know you're a WDW nut when you know the difference (...what it should be like)!

BwanaBob
Sleeping Beauty Castle Guard
Sleeping Beauty Castle Guard

Post by BwanaBob » Jun Tue 22, 2010 9:50 pm

When your ipod is nothing but park loops and soundtracks.
"Finally, from the depths of the Dark Ages came the Age of Enlightenment - the Renaissance.
And with this era, came a powerful new invention - BwanaBob."

MetalRage
Flight to the Moon Flight Director
Flight to the Moon Flight Director

Post by MetalRage » Jun Wed 23, 2010 5:11 pm

When your department manager asks you "what are you doing on the day off since your just worked so many hours?" and you say "I'm going to Disney World!!"

Seriously.
"When you're curious, you find lots of interesting things to do. And one thing it takes to accomplish something is courage." - Walt Disney :mickey3:

[url=http://www.userbars.com][img]http://img4.imageshack.us/img4/9147/userbar721338ez4.gif[/img][/url]

"We wants the redhead!"

jlpeaches255
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider

Post by jlpeaches255 » Jun Wed 23, 2010 8:29 pm

theBIGyowski wrote:The Disney Store in my town closed down about a year ago...very, very sad. I used to love going there as a kid and that is where my mom would buy our park passes every time because she could get a discount there. I loved the "animatronics" that were around the edge of the ceiling and the giant pile of stuffed animal characters in the back below the giant screen playing classic Disney movies.
Gee thanks for making me cry. This week is the two year anniversary of when my Disney store closed. And by my store, I mean, the one I worked at. The last six weeks we were open was the most horrible and wonderful time I was there. The memories from those horrible days are ones I will actually treasure forever.
I will never forget this one woman who came in to the store that very last week. I don't remember ever seeing her before but she walked in and looked at me...looked at the signs that said we were closing...looked at me...then she said "What do we do now?" We both started crying and hugged each other. So sad, so sweet. I miss it so much.

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Jun Thu 24, 2010 8:23 am

...you read halfway through an article in the paper and then notice the name Disney. So you have to go back and read the whole thing again to see what lucky person has the last name of Disney! Sgt. Dave Disney in Iowa...you are a lucky fellow!

MadEye
Haunted Mansion Butler
Haunted Mansion Butler

Post by MadEye » Jun Thu 24, 2010 9:34 am

Amy wrote:...you read halfway through an article in the paper and then notice the name Disney. So you have to go back and read the whole thing again to see what lucky person has the last name of Disney! Sgt. Dave Disney in Iowa...you are a lucky fellow!
R.I.P Paul Gray...
We are all a little weird
And life's a little weird,
And when we find someone whose
Weirdness is compatible with ours,
We join up with them and fall in
Mutual weirdness and call it Love.”
― Dr. Seuss

Eames: Listen, if you're gonna perform INCEPTION, you need IMAGINATION.

JWG
Peter Pan's Flight Pixie Duster
Peter Pan's Flight Pixie Duster

Post by JWG » Jun Thu 24, 2010 10:00 am

cousininmiami wrote:When you always have a trip planned to WDW... mine is in 10 more days! (heart just skipped a beat) Yay!
Just one?
How about when you have a trip planned, but you know you'll go again before that? We went in 2007, planned to go again in Oct 2010. Since then we went in Feb 2009 and Jan 2010. Next trip is October, 2011 but my wife's already said - you won't make it that long.

OR

You're not local to either park (1,500+ miles to both) and you're considering an annual pass OR even more nuts, considering the US Park pass for both coasts.
[url=http://www.userbars.com][img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v497/HeathenAngel/Avatars%20Etc/epcot-fan.gif[/img][/url][url=http://www.userbars.com][img]http://i178.photobucket.com/albums/w251/budz211/horizons.gif[/img][/url]
[img]http://www.disneypedia.org/_i/banners/bar/space-mountain2.gif[/img][img]http://www.disneypedia.org/_i/banners/bar/SR_fan.gif[/img]

boilerbabe
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Post by boilerbabe » Jun Thu 24, 2010 10:57 am

JWG, that sounds like DH and I! We said we would skip Disney for a year, we both laughed and said "we won't make it that long!" And we can't, we're scheming for this Dec!!!! 8-)

mindflipper
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by mindflipper » Jun Thu 24, 2010 12:10 pm

boilerbabe wrote:JWG, that sounds like DH and I! We said we would skip Disney for a year, we both laughed and said "we won't make it that long!" And we can't, we're scheming for this Dec!!!! 8-)
Hey, what a coincidence! I'm scheming for this Dec., too! :wink:

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Jun Thu 24, 2010 12:36 pm

JWG wrote:
cousininmiami wrote:When you always have a trip planned to WDW... mine is in 10 more days! (heart just skipped a beat) Yay!
Just one?
How about when you have a trip planned, but you know you'll go again before that? We went in 2007, planned to go again in Oct 2010. Since then we went in Feb 2009 and Jan 2010. Next trip is October, 2011 but my wife's already said - you won't make it that long.
OR
You're not local to either park (1,500+ miles to both) and you're considering an annual pass OR even more nuts, considering the US Park pass for both coasts.
I'm a little green with envy :mrgreen: Go for the Premium AP, sounds like you'll get your money's worth :D
mindflipper wrote:
boilerbabe wrote:JWG, that sounds like DH and I! We said we would skip Disney for a year, we both laughed and said "we won't make it that long!" And we can't, we're scheming for this Dec!!!! 8-)
Hey, what a coincidence! I'm scheming for this Dec., too! :wink:
Trying, wishing, and hoping...fingers crossed!

Len90
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Len90 » Jun Fri 25, 2010 1:04 am

When the first thing you do in setting up your new iPhone is group all of your Disney related apps into a folder and title it Disney World. So far it has 8 and that is just from what was transferred over from my old phone.
- Len90
"If you can dream it, you can do it. Always remember that this whole thing was started with a dream and a mouse."
"Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow, and fantasy"

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Jun Fri 25, 2010 10:17 am

Len90 wrote:When the first thing you do in setting up your new iPhone is group all of your Disney related apps into a folder and title it Disney World. So far it has 8 and that is just from what was transferred over from my old phone.
That is pretty cool Len ~ are you planning on doing any fun things with the phone while you are at the parks? like scavenger hunts, twittering...