Best place for 4th of July fireworks on property?

All four parks, waterparks, and other magic in Central Florida

Moderator: Moderators

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Re: Best place for 4th of July fireworks on property?

Post by Amy » Jun Thu 03, 2010 11:39 am

cousininmiami wrote:Hmmmmmm, thank Len. Love your ideas! Since we have annual passes anyways, we just might try your MK on Sat and EPCOT on Sun. I will for sure report back about the crowds! As a Floridian from Miami, we don't normally go to WDW during Easter, the 4th of July, and Christmas week, but my son is playing in the big Salute to Baseball tournament July 2 - 10. So we have to go! He is getting so big, his age group gets to play on the big field where the Atlanta Braves have their spring training games! I can't wait to hear his name announced and see his name on the big screen! All of his games will be in the mornings, so we will have the balance of every day to park it! Hopefully his team comes back home with the championship! As for where we are staying, the whole team is at the All Star Sports with all the teams and families in the tournament.
I thought Len did a nice job of explaining out the days as well. How exciting for your son (and your whole family) that he gets to play in such a big venue...good luck!! And I hope you get to enjoy the parks the rest of the days...

Jacca5660
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Jacca5660 » Jun Thu 03, 2010 12:12 pm

Amy wrote:
cousininmiami wrote:Hmmmmmm, thank Len. Love your ideas! Since we have annual passes anyways, we just might try your MK on Sat and EPCOT on Sun. I will for sure report back about the crowds! As a Floridian from Miami, we don't normally go to WDW during Easter, the 4th of July, and Christmas week, but my son is playing in the big Salute to Baseball tournament July 2 - 10. So we have to go! He is getting so big, his age group gets to play on the big field where the Atlanta Braves have their spring training games! I can't wait to hear his name announced and see his name on the big screen! All of his games will be in the mornings, so we will have the balance of every day to park it! Hopefully his team comes back home with the championship! As for where we are staying, the whole team is at the All Star Sports with all the teams and families in the tournament.
I thought Len did a nice job of explaining out the days as well. How exciting for your son (and your whole family) that he gets to play in such a big venue...good luck!! And I hope you get to enjoy the parks the rest of the days...
Last year might have been an off year as far as attendance is concerned. I would call headed and find out what Disney is anticipating. I know for at least EPCOT, the normal is full capacity by early afternoon on the 4th.
"Our dreams can come true - if we have the courage to pursue them" WED

"There's a fine prow on that steamer, let's climb aboard her!" Fireside

"You're off the map mateys..Here there be SeaMonsters!!"

The original "LICENSE MAYHEM MARAUDER!!ImageImage

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Jun Thu 03, 2010 12:21 pm

I would think you would want to be in the parks early to be safe. I wonder if last year's attendance was a little light due to the economy. This year I would think things are starting to kind of be getting back to normal so you might be out of luck if you don't go to the park until the afternoon...

SoarinSoarin
Alice in Wonderland Wonderer
Alice in Wonderland Wonderer

Post by SoarinSoarin » Jun Fri 04, 2010 9:44 pm

I'm not sure if the fireworks are similar to the New Year's display, but I think Main Street is the best place to view them. Although it's PACKED, and quite uncomfortable, viewing it from anywhere else would've been less satisfying.

Len90
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Len90 » Jun Fri 04, 2010 11:12 pm

Jacca5660 wrote:
Amy wrote:
Last year might have been an off year as far as attendance is concerned. I would call headed and find out what Disney is anticipating. I know for at least EPCOT, the normal is full capacity by early afternoon on the 4th.
It will be interesting to see crowds this year. I think MK did hit capacity on July 4th last year. This year they had some pretty good promotions out that were similar to the buy 4 get 3 free of last year. I am hoping that is a sign of crowds just slightly larger than last year.

Best of luck to your son in his games and in your quest to get to the fireworks. I do advise getting there earlier rather than later. Also just be careful for black out dates on the AP.
- Len90
"If you can dream it, you can do it. Always remember that this whole thing was started with a dream and a mouse."
"Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow, and fantasy"

99Soulz
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider

Post by 99Soulz » Jun Mon 14, 2010 11:01 am

**SPOILER ALERT**

I am posting last year's Celebrate America fireworks (I think I posted before but since some are specifically asking) from the Poly beach last year in case you want to see how it looks. if you plan to be in WDW for the 4th and want to see it for the first time in person then DO NOT click on the link.

You will see that it's a great view from the Poly beach along with the music piped in from speakers and these fireworks are much larger in scale than the typical MK (ask Len90) and to be honest if you have a chance to be IN the MK, then you shouldn't give up the chance. Sure, the beach is a great spot but to be inside the MK while these are going on would be unbelievable.

http://www.wdwntube.com/disneys-celebra ... -4th-2009/

Len90
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Len90 » Jun Mon 14, 2010 11:54 pm

99Soulz wrote:**SPOILER ALERT**

I am posting last year's Celebrate America fireworks (I think I posted before but since some are specifically asking) from the Poly beach last year in case you want to see how it looks. if you plan to be in WDW for the 4th and want to see it for the first time in person then DO NOT click on the link.

You will see that it's a great view from the Poly beach along with the music piped in from speakers and these fireworks are much larger in scale than the typical MK (ask Len90) and to be honest if you have a chance to be IN the MK, then you shouldn't give up the chance. Sure, the beach is a great spot but to be inside the MK while these are going on would be unbelievable.

I have seen that video and I think it is great at showing the multiple locations, but fails in comparison of the 360 degree show you get in the park. I am a huge fan of being somewhere near the spoke (like the tomorrowland bridge) since you get to be near the center point of all the fireworks. The coolest part comes after the fireworks when you get to leave via the backstage areas behind tomorrowland and Main Street.
- Len90
"If you can dream it, you can do it. Always remember that this whole thing was started with a dream and a mouse."
"Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow, and fantasy"

Jacca5660
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Jacca5660 » Jun Mon 21, 2010 4:12 am

99Soulz wrote:**SPOILER ALERT**

COOL!!!!!!!!!! Thank you for posting!
"Our dreams can come true - if we have the courage to pursue them" WED

"There's a fine prow on that steamer, let's climb aboard her!" Fireside

"You're off the map mateys..Here there be SeaMonsters!!"

The original "LICENSE MAYHEM MARAUDER!!ImageImage