You know you're a WDW nut when...

All four parks, waterparks, and other magic in Central Florida

Moderator: Moderators

BaminJamin
Main Street Horse Car Coachman
Main Street Horse Car Coachman

Post by BaminJamin » Dec Wed 23, 2009 9:25 pm

first off I think it is just plain wrong to fly anywhere but Orlando for a Disney Vacation, but on a recent trip to Dallas I found myself sad the I wasn't headed to Disney,

And thought I may be a Disney nut when instead of crop circles all I saw was hidden Mikey's in the landscape!
"A Journey of a thousand miles begins with the first step"

When you start to "Believe" and work hard toward the direction of your dreams you will find yourself at your goal sooner than expected.

I love my wife Kyle!

Sockdoodle
Casey Junior Circus Train Conductor
Casey Junior Circus Train Conductor

Post by Sockdoodle » Dec Thu 24, 2009 1:21 am

- When your friends say, "So, you are going to Disney World again?," they are no longer joking
- When it becomes habit to count down months in advance to make your 180 day ADRs for Le Cellier (or whatever high volume ADR fits your fancy)
- When you begin to argue with Disney World guidebooks
- When you become the Disney World travel planner for all of your friends and family

boilerbabe
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Post by boilerbabe » Dec Thu 24, 2009 12:07 pm

When you return from work from your WDW vacation and your co-workers say...so where have you been? I say "on vacation" they say "where" I say "WDW" and they roll their eyes at you and say "didn't we just have this converstaion?"

See, they just don't understand! :roll:

timekeeper
Mike Fink Keel Boats Boatswain
Mike Fink Keel Boats Boatswain

Post by timekeeper » Dec Thu 24, 2009 12:26 pm

Sockdoodle wrote:- When your friends say, "So, you are going to Disney World again?," they are no longer joking
- When it becomes habit to count down months in advance to make your 180 day ADRs for Le Cellier (or whatever high volume ADR fits your fancy)
- When you begin to argue with Disney World guidebooks
- When you become the Disney World travel planner for all of your friends and family
- When you become the Disney World travel planner for all of your friends and family- So true!!!!!!

My evil sister in law was going on and on how fun it would be to be there on Christmas day for the LIVE Disney parade and maybe be on tv. As much as I dislike her I like my nephews so I had to say something....

mindflipper
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by mindflipper » Dec Thu 24, 2009 3:02 pm

And what should be a real giveway that it's not really LIVE on Christmas Day? It's being hosted by Regis Philbin, who's currently recovering from hip replacement surgery. Duh. :roll:

Len90
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Len90 » Dec Thu 24, 2009 11:59 pm

mindflipper wrote:And what should be a real giveway that it's not really LIVE on Christmas Day? It's being hosted by Regis Philbin, who's currently recovering from hip replacement surgery. Duh. :roll:
Correct, the program that airs on TV is actually filmed during the first week or two of November. I believe the performances are filmed on one day and the actual parade is filmed on another day. For the TV broadcast, the parade is started and stopped to allow for the cameras to catch certain things.

As for Regis, rumor has it that this year he will be absent from the broadcast and in his place is Nick Cannon.
- Len90
"If you can dream it, you can do it. Always remember that this whole thing was started with a dream and a mouse."
"Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow, and fantasy"

mindflipper
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by mindflipper » Dec Fri 25, 2009 12:36 am

Ooops, you're right, Len90, it does have Nick Cannon in place of Regis. :oops:

Never trust the local news with this kind of info... :evil:

MetalRage
Flight to the Moon Flight Director
Flight to the Moon Flight Director

Post by MetalRage » Dec Fri 25, 2009 3:04 pm

.....when you play the subsonic Christmas stream all Christmas day!
"When you're curious, you find lots of interesting things to do. And one thing it takes to accomplish something is courage." - Walt Disney :mickey3:

[url=http://www.userbars.com][img]http://img4.imageshack.us/img4/9147/userbar721338ez4.gif[/img][/url]

"We wants the redhead!"

Mamabaminjamin
Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln Usher
Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln Usher

Post by Mamabaminjamin » Dec Fri 25, 2009 11:26 pm

My Mother-In-Law told me she has hidden Mickeys in here Jeep Liberty

Mouseoholic
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider

Post by Mouseoholic » Dec Mon 28, 2009 3:20 pm

When you are not even home 2 days and you already have set a date for your next trip.

Not that I’m counting but our next trip is 329 days away!!! wahoo.... :figment:

mindflipper
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by mindflipper » Dec Mon 28, 2009 3:37 pm

Thanksgiving at WDW?!? Check out the Liberty Tree Tavern. We did Thanksgiving there one year and they do a family style dinner deal with turkey, stuffing, veggies, and dessert that was really cool! My mother loved it, and has always wanted to go back for that Thanksgiving Feast they do there!

Mouseoholic
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider

Post by Mouseoholic » Dec Mon 28, 2009 3:52 pm

Thanks for the tip mindflipper. We are not exactly looking forward to the crowds but we are taveling with friends and this was the only option. I figure it's Disney and we are going to have a good time no matter what. There are ways to get around the crowds.

stunrut
Motor Boat Cruise Skipper
Motor Boat Cruise Skipper

Post by stunrut » Dec Tue 29, 2009 9:08 am

Captain Schnemo wrote:
agingerbugg wrote:Also that Universal has NOTHING to do with Disney except that they are a cheap and pathetic copy (not that I am biased or anything).
Well, if you want to get snippy, the Disney Studios are a "copy" of Universal Studios and Animal Kingdom is a "copy" of Busch Gardens.

Obviously, the Disney parks are of a higher quality (mostly), but they shouldn't get any free points for originality.
Comparing to these other parks Disney should get TONS of points for originality!

secondstar
Peter Pan's Flight Pixie Duster
Peter Pan's Flight Pixie Duster

Post by secondstar » Dec Tue 29, 2009 4:32 pm

Mouseoholic wrote:When you are not even home 2 days and you already have set a date for your next trip.
That's the only way we can bear our return. :)

...when your Walt Disney World apparel completely replaces your normal, at-home apparel .
[i]"Herbie, I just want it to look like nothing else in the world. And it should be surrounded by a train"[/i]

-- Walt Disney

Mouseoholic
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider

Post by Mouseoholic » Dec Tue 29, 2009 4:40 pm

Yes, today I planned out our first week. Of course I still have to wait for the park times to be released where some minor adjustments will be made I am sure. I kept telling myself that if I do it now I will have nothing to do the rest of the year. I just could not help it…..For me planning is so therapeutic.