Do you go clockwise or counter at the Magic Kingdom?

All four parks, waterparks, and other magic in Central Florida

Moderator: Moderators

Do you go clockwise or counter at the Magic Kingdom?

Clockwise (I am RIGHT handed)
38%
Clockwise (I am LEFT handed)
21%
Counter (I am RIGHT handed)
36%
Counter (I am LEFT handed)
5%

Total votes: 39

emnbensdad
Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln Usher

Post by emnbensdad » Dec Wed 16, 2009 3:35 pm

Len90 wrote:I am the only full true lefty in my family. Dad is left handed but eats like a righty. I usually lead the way and I always start off by going to the left and methodically going clockwise around the kingdom.
Why am I not surprised that the you are the youngest but you take the lead when it comes to the parks???

mindflipper
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by mindflipper » Dec Wed 16, 2009 6:32 pm

I've always been in my family. I'm the youngest, but I'm also the only person who knows where everything is located in the theme-parks without ever using the map. The rest of my family had no idea where things are located. Same with my friends too.

domarino
Omnibus Driver
Omnibus Driver

Post by domarino » Dec Thu 17, 2009 12:55 pm

I always start at Adventure and move clockwise. I am not sure why though. Just curious, is one way more beneficial as far as traffic flow, line wait etc.? :mickey:

Jacca5660
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Jacca5660 » Dec Thu 17, 2009 3:56 pm

MmeLeota wrote:
mindflipper wrote:Wow! Len90, MmeLeota, wewantsdaredhead, kcarts - and myself included - all lefties?!? What are the odds in that? Usually finding a left-handed person around where I am is very rare - and yet here - are the right-handed people the minority??? :shock:
Lefties Unite!!!!! :)

This is pretty cool...all the southpaws on here. It will be interesting to see as more people answer what the concensus will be.
I thought that was dyslexics untie?
"Our dreams can come true - if we have the courage to pursue them" WED

"There's a fine prow on that steamer, let's climb aboard her!" Fireside

"You're off the map mateys..Here there be SeaMonsters!!"

The original "LICENSE MAYHEM MARAUDER!!ImageImage

robertwhite
Horseless Carriage Chauffeur
Horseless Carriage Chauffeur

Post by robertwhite » Dec Sun 20, 2009 3:09 pm

We switch it up=] ..If it's first thing in the morning, we go right to beat the line for Space Mountain ..If its anytime after that, we go left.
rob

boilerbabe
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Post by boilerbabe » Dec Sun 20, 2009 5:18 pm

I usually need my Dole Whip upon arrival of MK, so we head left!!!!

secondstar
Peter Pan's Flight Pixie Duster
Peter Pan's Flight Pixie Duster

Post by secondstar » Dec Wed 30, 2009 5:21 pm

We almost ALWAYS start out in Adventureland. I guess, mostly because we schedule a lot of character breakfasts at the Chrystal Palace. But even when we don't, I find we gravitate toward there. Besides, I just love the Pirates of the Caribbean ride!
[i]"Herbie, I just want it to look like nothing else in the world. And it should be surrounded by a train"[/i]

-- Walt Disney

alsirrap
Motor Boat Cruise Skipper
Motor Boat Cruise Skipper

Post by alsirrap » Jan Tue 05, 2010 2:56 am

It all depends on who I'm with. When kids are with me, I take the train to Toon Town for the kids. If with adults who don't mind being on the move, I hit all the E shows and rides before 11:30am and save the others for all the afternoon. So, I guess it's not clockwise or visa-versa isn't important to me.

BuDz211
Mad Tea Party Host
Mad Tea Party Host

Post by BuDz211 » Jan Sat 09, 2010 10:02 am

Hmmm, I guess I go through the castle into Fantasyland. From there I go clockwise around the park.
Image Image

Peerless83

Post by Peerless83 » Jan Tue 12, 2010 8:39 am

I typically go clockwise around the magic kingdom because I enjoy spending time in tomorrowland when it is dark outside. I think the lighting and the atmosphere makes tomorrowland the best place to be in the park when it is dark outside (well except for mainstreet usa)

Mouseoholic
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider

Post by Mouseoholic » Jan Tue 12, 2010 10:18 pm

We usually start off at Thunder Mountain Railroad and then head to Fantasyland. Where we go from there depends on the crowds that day.

99Soulz
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider

Post by 99Soulz » Jan Wed 13, 2010 10:43 am

Add another southpaw to the tote board. I would say the 'natural' direction for me would be to go Left into Adventureland. Although now with little ones we will go straight to Fantasyland one of the days to get there before all of the madness (which seems to start earlier now!).

I agree with Peerless that Tomorrowland is best at night, I actually find it, hold-on, somewhat "boring" during the day. Sort of like when a bar turns the lights on at closing....scary.

metsofny
Shooting Galleries Gun Cleaner
Shooting Galleries Gun Cleaner

Post by metsofny » Jan Sat 30, 2010 7:55 pm

Space Mountain, Stitch, and Bud light beer. Then it's off to pooh.

leblanan
Mike Fink Keel Boats Boatswain

Post by leblanan » Jan Sun 31, 2010 12:46 pm

Right handed to the left, Pirates is a must for the first ride
That's exactly what we do too. Pirates is always our first ride, and usually the last ride for the trip as well.
"now, bring me that horizon"

leblanan

Post by leblanan » Jan Sun 31, 2010 12:50 pm

I always start at Adventure and move clockwise. I am not sure why though. Just curious, is one way more beneficial as far as traffic flow, line wait etc.?
It's actually designed with the expectation people will go right at the end of Main Street. The food is on your right side as you enter so you can get something to eat The Path to Tomorrowland is slightly wider than to Adventureland, and when you are exiting the park, the shopping is on the right, so you might buy something on the way out. This isn't so much due to handedness, but more because most Americans walk and drive on the right side, so they are more likely to be on that side of the street.
"now, bring me that horizon"