Where is your quiet/peaceful spot in WDW?

All four parks, waterparks, and other magic in Central Florida

Moderator: Moderators

Jacca5660
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Jacca5660 » Nov Thu 05, 2009 4:59 pm

I don't know if this qualifies as a peace full place. I love to sit in the plaza in Italy and watch the world go by. I imagine I'm in the grand plaza in Venice. A glass of wine and something to nosh, OH YEA I'm there!!
"Our dreams can come true - if we have the courage to pursue them" WED

"There's a fine prow on that steamer, let's climb aboard her!" Fireside

"You're off the map mateys..Here there be SeaMonsters!!"

The original "LICENSE MAYHEM MARAUDER!!ImageImage

asmaha
Omnibus Driver
Omnibus Driver

Post by asmaha » Nov Fri 27, 2009 9:21 pm

The tables in the back of the Japan pavilion are relaxing, but nothing beats a lounge chair on the Yacht Club beach w/ some ice cream and a view of the lake and Boardwalk.

AudreSkellington
Fire Engine Driver
Fire Engine Driver

Tomorrowland

Post by AudreSkellington » Dec Tue 22, 2009 10:39 pm

Maybe Tommorrowland during extra magic hours. it is so quiet and peaceful and it makes me think about what walt wasthinking, makeing a random themepark in florida.
Disney is a lifetime- you get the rides but all the while the magic is within you out of the park thining of the memories.

Ever wanted to think of being in the park just you and 40 other people? NO LINES!!

Mouseoholic
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider

Post by Mouseoholic » Dec Mon 28, 2009 3:22 pm

We found that right before park closing at Animal Kingdom no one is near the Flame Tree BBQ area. It was so beautiful and peaceful at night near the pond. This is our new favorite quite place.

boilerbabe
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Post by boilerbabe » Dec Tue 29, 2009 12:19 am

I have a new spot....in Tomorrowland next to SM....you go down about 3 steps and there are some benches there, the park literally ends here! No one bothers to go there and I found the most beautiful flowers on one of the trees! I told DH that is my new fav. quiet/peaceful spot!

wewantsdaredhead
Snow White's Adventures Gem Miner
Snow White's Adventures Gem Miner

Post by wewantsdaredhead » Dec Wed 30, 2009 9:21 am

Boilerbabe:
I saw that last time we were there. I believe we had a few minutes to kill before our SM FPs were valid, so we walked over there. Very quiet and there was no one there.
We sat on the benches and it was sort of a hushed commotion all around us. Very nice!
Thanks for reminding me :)

cmaister
Horseless Carriage Chauffeur
Horseless Carriage Chauffeur

Post by cmaister » Dec Wed 30, 2009 12:19 pm

The Rose Garden in MK right near Cinderella castle.

But my most relaxing spot, though you can't stay there for very long is the very beginning of Gran Fiesta, when you're gliding along with a cool breeze under the night sky.

Last time I was there an error message popped up in the middle of the sky, which kinda broke the atmosphere, but still I've always wished there were some way to stay there for longer.

MmeLeota
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Post by MmeLeota » Dec Wed 30, 2009 3:26 pm

Last time I was there an error message popped up in the middle of the sky
LOL!!!! I probably would have fallen out of the boat if I saw that! It would have turned into a running joke...randomly looking up at the sky "look hon, an error message"...sorry I couldn't help it... :oops:

But I do know what you mean...I haven't been on Gran Fiesta, but I believe that whole night sky scene was there when it was Rio del Tiempo. Feels great on a hot day!

I don't know about WDW, but in DL there is a spot on Main Street where you can sit on the front porch. Great for people watching... the court of angels in NOS is nice too, although these days there is a Princess and the Frog meet and greet there.

Over in DCA, there are several nice spots to just listen to the waterfalls and the sounds from the pier.

DIAC2010
Main Street Horse Car Coachman
Main Street Horse Car Coachman

Post by DIAC2010 » Jan Sun 03, 2010 12:31 pm

Here are a few of my choices:

1) Behind Bongos and Wolfgang in Downtown Disney late at night.

2) Tom Sawyer Island in the Magic Kingdom (Since few people know about it)

3) The Polynesian Resort in the very early morning or the very late evening at the beach area overlooking the castle

packwingfn
Skyway Loader
Skyway Loader

Post by packwingfn » Jan Mon 04, 2010 7:59 pm

An error message popped up? Was that from the KP thing?
I know this is probably your first flight...and it's mine too...ha, ha

Rain upon that planet Earth. And they rain ... and rain ... and rain. The deluge.

MetalRage
Flight to the Moon Flight Director

Post by MetalRage » Jan Tue 05, 2010 12:55 am

My last peaceful spot was on the beach at the Caribbean Beach Resort. Hardly anyone came over or passed by. The ones who did didn't bother me at all.
"When you're curious, you find lots of interesting things to do. And one thing it takes to accomplish something is courage." - Walt Disney :mickey3:

[url=http://www.userbars.com][img]http://img4.imageshack.us/img4/9147/userbar721338ez4.gif[/img][/url]

"We wants the redhead!"

alsirrap
Motor Boat Cruise Skipper
Motor Boat Cruise Skipper

Post by alsirrap » Jan Tue 05, 2010 2:39 am

Just sitting around the Boardwalk by the water and people watch on a blue sky day is great!

castmember04
Swiss Family Treehouse Guide
Swiss Family Treehouse Guide

Post by castmember04 » Jan Sat 16, 2010 6:38 pm

Rocking chair near Tom Sawyer Island/Aunt Polly's dock. View looks over at Pecos Bill's. It use to be the benches behind Ye Olde Christmas shop years ago, but they made that a designated smoking area now. Booooo.

mdk010
Casey Junior Circus Train Conductor
Casey Junior Circus Train Conductor

Post by mdk010 » Jan Tue 19, 2010 6:13 pm

I'm partial to the well hidden back streets of the French Pavillion in EPCOT.
"I would rather entertain and hope that people learned something than educate people and hope they were entertained."
-Walt Disney

kcarts

Post by kcarts » Jan Tue 19, 2010 6:52 pm

I came across a new by accident. Well, I meant to go there but I wasn't looking for a peaceful spot. It's the boat dock at the Floridian. It's near Narcoossee's. It was cold on that particular day but a great view and so quiet. I hadn't been over to the GF for quite some time and wanted to take a walk through. Which I did and then went to catch the boat over to the MK. I had about 15 minutes alone on that dock. All you could hear was the hum of the monorail when it went by and the occasion whistle from the trains circling the park. And the views of the MK, Contemporary and Polynesian were fantastic. I just sat and took it all in. And it was all in the first few hours of arriving. It was very nice sitting there and knowing I had a week ahead of me to enjoy all of what was in front of me and more!

I'm getting quite nostalgic just thinking about it.