What new Character would you like to see at WDW?

All four parks, waterparks, and other magic in Central Florida

Moderator: Moderators

Jacca5660
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Jacca5660 » Nov Sat 07, 2009 3:36 pm

kcookiebaker wrote:I'd like a whole town full of villains...a villain restaurant...maybe a villain hotel with themed rooms...nothing horrific, just villain fun...but what I would really like is Oogie at the Haunted Mansion for Halloween.

And maybe the Aristokittens...I have heard they are sometime out there, but I have never had a chance to meet them.
There is a very old rumor about Disney building a VILLAINS park.
"Our dreams can come true - if we have the courage to pursue them" WED

"There's a fine prow on that steamer, let's climb aboard her!" Fireside

"You're off the map mateys..Here there be SeaMonsters!!"

The original "LICENSE MAYHEM MARAUDER!!ImageImage

mradamlaurie
Omnibus Driver
Omnibus Driver

Post by mradamlaurie » Nov Sun 08, 2009 2:08 pm

Elliot (Pete's Dragon), he and the Chesire Cat could just be random voices played through hiddent speakers in the park... good and cheap!

MmeLeota
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Post by MmeLeota » Nov Mon 09, 2009 1:35 am

Mousekedude wrote:
Brian845 wrote:The Cheshire Cat gets my vote for Disneyworld. I've heard a rumor that he appears in Disneyland..
....and then he disappears.... then appears.... then disappears..... :mrgreen:

Sorry, I couldn't resist. LOL :lol: (don't know what's wrong with me, but I'm sure it's hard to pronounce.... :shock: )

Anyway, I'd also like to see practically the whole cast of characters from Meet the Robinsons. Awesome, totally under-appreciated movie, if you ask me. In fact, I don't understand why Disney hasn't yet created some kind of MTR attraction or ride. Baffles me....

Oh, and a few more of the cool characters from The Incredibles would be good, like Syndrome or Frozone. Heck, even Jack-Jack. He would make a good animatron, what with all the bursting into flame and stuff....
lol..Cheshire Cat...

I totally agree about MTR...I'd love to see them all too even though I only mentioned Lewis & Wilbur. As far as an attraction goes, I thought it would be cool for the peoplemover (in DL anyway) to be themed to MTR and the ride vehicles to look similar to the time machine or the travel pods (I forget what they're called :oops: ). I also thought it would be funny to have the twins in the queue area. Have a point where the line splits in 2 (similar to Space Mountain in DL...don't know about WDW) and the twins would be going back and forth teying to get you to go in their line (come through my line, that one will give you a rash; no go through my line, that one will make you grow purple freckles...lol). Then they would "celebrate" when someone goes to their line....would be funny!

As far as Incredibles go, when DH and I were in DCA a couple of weeks ago, Frozone was out...but the only other 2 I've seen were Mr & Mrs incredible...I'd love to see the kids and Syndrome too.

Mousekedude
Haunted Mansion Butler
Haunted Mansion Butler
Location: At Serenity Bay, on Castaway Cay again... I wish... :(

Post by Mousekedude » Nov Mon 09, 2009 8:06 am

MmeLeota wrote:I thought it would be cool for the peoplemover (in DL anyway) to be themed to MTR and the ride vehicles to look similar to the time machine or the travel pods (I forget what they're called :oops: ). I also thought it would be funny to have the twins in the queue area. Have a point where the line splits in 2 (similar to Space Mountain in DL...don't know about WDW) and the twins would be going back and forth teying to get you to go in their line (come through my line, that one will give you a rash; no go through my line, that one will make you grow purple freckles...lol). Then they would "celebrate" when someone goes to their line....would be funny!
Now THAT is a totally awesome idea!!! It makes so much sense that I really hope Disney management and/or some imagineer sees your post and seriously gets that going! :D

MmeLeota
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Post by MmeLeota » Nov Mon 09, 2009 12:29 pm

Thanks! I just think it would fit perfectly... :)

...funny, this coming from the person who is tired of rides with movie tie-ins, huh? :lol: :? I guess there's room for 1 more...just please don't change the Tiki Room!!!!! :)

mindflipper
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by mindflipper » Nov Mon 09, 2009 12:40 pm

MmeLeota wrote: ...just please don't change the Tiki Room!!!!!
What? You don't want the "Under New Management" like a WDW??? I heard that TDL had Stitch added to their Tiki Room for a while...

MmeLeota
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Post by MmeLeota » Nov Mon 09, 2009 1:05 pm

Oy...the insanity!!!!! :shock:

NaCler
Country Bear Jamboree Greeter
Country Bear Jamboree Greeter

Post by NaCler » Mar Fri 26, 2010 7:43 pm

boilerbabe wrote:I don't know about any "new" characters, but I would LOVE to get a pic. with Jimney Cricket one of these visits. My friend got a pic. with him in Aug. '08 on Main St.
I know that this is an old thread, but just in case BB is still looking for a pic with Jimney Cricket, maybe I can help out. He is ALWAYS at the Conservation Station in the Animal Kingdom. Take the train out there and I think he has a permanent spot inside the building along with Pocohantus (sp?).

mpwheat
Fantasyland Theater Projectionist
Fantasyland Theater Projectionist

Post by mpwheat » Mar Fri 26, 2010 9:50 pm

NaCler is right about Jiminy. The Conservation Station is a pretty good spot for characters...Pocahontas and Rafiki are also regulars. Someone mentioned the Artistocats earlier. Marie makes frequent appearances in the France Pavilion in EPCOT. She's so cute...haha.
"It's kind of fun to do the impossible." ~ Walt Disney
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v185/Mpwheat/userbar801734.gif[/img]

Polynesian Princess
Davy Crockett's Explorer Canoes Guide
Davy Crockett's Explorer Canoes Guide

Post by Polynesian Princess » Mar Sat 27, 2010 4:16 am

I wish The Emperor's New Groove got some love at Disney. You can't meet any of the characters and I haven't been able to find any merchandise for it either - even with the pins all that seems to be on Ebay is generic pins that each character maybe got one or two. We really love the rides and don't usually take the time to see the characters, but my husband understands that if I ever see Kuzco in the parks, I'm going to spaz and we'll have to stop whatever we're doing. :lol:

I also wish Aladdin got more love too. You can meet him and Jasmine really easily, but the rest of the characters are hit and miss. It gets some nice merchandise, but it's a shame it doesn't have as much as they do for all of the other princesses. :lol: I think they'd make a profit just from what I'd buy.
Can't wait to take my twin boys on their first trip to Walt Disney World! Planning on heading there sometime Feb-May 2014!

Jacca5660
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Jacca5660 » Mar Sat 27, 2010 10:48 am

I know one I'd like to see at WDW......ME!!!
"Our dreams can come true - if we have the courage to pursue them" WED

"There's a fine prow on that steamer, let's climb aboard her!" Fireside

"You're off the map mateys..Here there be SeaMonsters!!"

The original "LICENSE MAYHEM MARAUDER!!ImageImage

Sleepy90
Flight to the Moon Flight Director
Flight to the Moon Flight Director

Post by Sleepy90 » Mar Sat 27, 2010 12:32 pm

Jacca5660 wrote:I know one I'd like to see at WDW......ME!!!
Aha now that I'd like to see a true character at Disney ......... could they cope.

Take Mousekedude and Mindflipper with you and you can be the three Mouseketeers. :D

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Mar Sat 27, 2010 1:36 pm

Sleepy90 wrote:
Jacca5660 wrote:I know one I'd like to see at WDW......ME!!!
Aha now that I'd like to see a true character at Disney ......... could they cope.
Take Mousekedude and Mindflipper with you and you can be the three Mouseketeers. :D
I'm not one for taking character photos but those three Mousketeers ~ that is a group I would stand in line to take a photo with!
I would love to see Oogie from Nightmare before Christmas and Dreamfinder and Figment. I never saw a full size figgy, just the hand puppet with Dreamfinder attached.

pixiesparkles
Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln Usher
Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln Usher

Post by pixiesparkles » Mar Sat 27, 2010 4:30 pm

Figment and Dreamfinder.....New character? some from the Princess and the Frog?

boilerbabe
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Post by boilerbabe » Mar Sun 28, 2010 8:27 pm

Thanks NaCler, I didn't know that you could actually find Jimney! We spend the least amt. of time at AK. We'll have to make the trek to Conservation Station next time though for some photo opps! Thanks for the info!