Any thoughts on WDW creating a pizza joint?

All four parks, waterparks, and other magic in Central Florida

Moderator: Moderators

missynole
Dumbo Flying Elephants Tamer

Any thoughts on WDW creating a pizza joint?

Post by missynole » Aug Tue 04, 2009 7:19 am

I was thinking about this last night and wondered why WDW hasn't put in a "REAL" pizza joint. You know the kind, wooden booths, juke box, fun things on the wall, etc. They could put it at the Boardwalk. You could walk up to the counter and order to go or you could sit in and place your order. They would serve basic pizza joint food, simple and easy...the make you feel good kind of pizza! Imagine the atmosphere in the fall and winter during football season, and then again in the summer around baseball.

MW1218
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider

Post by MW1218 » Aug Tue 04, 2009 7:22 am

Because Disney World isn't located in New York :P

cousininmiami
Davy Crockett's Explorer Canoes Guide
Davy Crockett's Explorer Canoes Guide

Post by cousininmiami » Aug Tue 04, 2009 9:56 am

Sound like a lot of fun! When we want the "sports" atmosphere, we go to the ESPN club on the Boardwalk outside of EPCOT world showcase. It's good food and nothing but TV's and sports. I believe my husband watched a few world series games there one year!
°o° "...it's a great big beautiful tomorrow, shining at the end of every day" °o°

PureDisney

Post by PureDisney » Aug Tue 04, 2009 10:01 am

I like that idea. I love the boardwalk area and I think it sounds fantastic.

boilerbabe
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Post by boilerbabe » Aug Tue 04, 2009 11:13 am

That's a unique idea that I'm surprised Disney hasn't thought of yet, or acted on. I believe if you want real pizza there is a Giordano's in the Downtown Disney area. Or you'd have to come to Chicago! :P

MetalRage
Flight to the Moon Flight Director
Flight to the Moon Flight Director

Post by MetalRage » Aug Tue 04, 2009 1:26 pm

That's a good idea. You should send that idea to Disney and see if they would do it.
"When you're curious, you find lots of interesting things to do. And one thing it takes to accomplish something is courage." - Walt Disney :mickey3:

[url=http://www.userbars.com][img]http://img4.imageshack.us/img4/9147/userbar721338ez4.gif[/img][/url]

"We wants the redhead!"

kcookiebaker
Autopian Mechanic
Autopian Mechanic

Post by kcookiebaker » Aug Tue 04, 2009 3:11 pm

What an awesome idea.
I don't get the new your thingie, it's not like that's the only good pizza in the world, hello.

They used to do a make it yourself pizza in the Fort and it was good, hot, fun, piano player musician for sing alongs, happy...
Ever notice that at WDW people look up and out and smile at you as they move thru the parks.
There is yet another difference between WDW and ny, and I Love NY. I just thought your comment was rude, and not entirely clear.

MW1218
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider

Post by MW1218 » Aug Tue 04, 2009 3:14 pm

Rude, as in classifying an entire city like you just did? I thought the smiley face would show that I was making a joke! I guess not!

kcookiebaker
Autopian Mechanic
Autopian Mechanic

Post by kcookiebaker » Aug Tue 04, 2009 3:23 pm

MW1218 wrote:Rude, as in classifying an entire city like you just did? I thought the smiley face would show that I was making a joke! I guess not!
OK, I apologize.
I thought the pizza idea was fun and the NY comment was a put down. Guess waiting all day for FedEx to deliver put me in a bad mood, which surely wasn't your fault.
Consider me chastized, briefly.

We had pizza in NY once, in this little place, very modest, and Woody Allen was in there...neat memory.

boilerbabe
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Post by boilerbabe » Aug Tue 04, 2009 4:11 pm

Were you referring to my Chicago comment?! I was just kidding as well. I didn't mean to offend anyone if I did!?

Lion Sleeps Tonight
Rocket Jets Flight Director
Rocket Jets Flight Director

Post by Lion Sleeps Tonight » Aug Tue 04, 2009 4:28 pm

Speaking of pizza at the Boardwalk, has anyone ever tried it? I've passed by that little counter a few times, but never tried it.
"A pirate in irons be full o' guile.
And the blackest 'art wears the broadest smile."

Oh, and "Welcome Home."

spodie
Snow White's Adventures Gem Miner
Snow White's Adventures Gem Miner

Post by spodie » Aug Thu 06, 2009 2:56 pm

Lion Sleeps Tonight wrote:Speaking of pizza at the Boardwalk, has anyone ever tried it? I've passed by that little counter a few times, but never tried it.
I've tried it before and it's pretty good. Generic, but pretty good if you're just looking for a quick meal or something to hold you over until your dinner reservation comes. It's the same pizza as you can get at a Value resort.
~Ashleigh :minnie:

[img]http://www.mickeypath.com/id/1260514670.jpg[/img]

disneylizzy
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider

Post by disneylizzy » Aug Sat 22, 2009 12:59 pm

I think it would be great to have a quick service pizza place in Italy. To be authentic the pizza wouldn't be thick crust, but it would be a nice addition.

If you do ever want some good pizza in Orlando, Giordano's pizza delivers to the WDW resorts. The stuffed pizza is AMAZING! They also have thin crust for you NY pizza lovers. http://www.giordanos.com

Magical Wonder
Sleeping Beauty Castle Guard
Sleeping Beauty Castle Guard

Post by Magical Wonder » Aug Sat 22, 2009 5:22 pm

As someone who likes to stay at the Boardwalk, I'd love a place like that. Do they still have a pizza window now that Spoodles has closed? I wasn't too impressed with the pizza served there.

noledawg
Main Street Cinema Projectionist
Main Street Cinema Projectionist

Post by noledawg » Sep Sun 06, 2009 9:25 am

I love pizza. Pizza at the boardwalk would rule.
The world is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page. -- St. Augustine