Upcoming ticket price increases

All four parks, waterparks, and other magic in Central Florida

Moderator: Moderators

Clusty
Mad Tea Party Host
Mad Tea Party Host

Post by Clusty » Jul Sun 26, 2009 9:22 pm

cousininmiami wrote:Hope they don't increase too much. But most recently it seems like they are offering a lot of deals, free dining and a bunch of other things. I think they have been hurt by the economy, but are really trying to keep people coming.
I'd rather have lower ticket prices than something like free dining. But that's just me.

timekeeper
Mike Fink Keel Boats Boatswain

Post by timekeeper » Jul Mon 27, 2009 7:05 am

Thanks for the heads up. We are tossing around taking my brother, we need to deciede and get his ticket if he is coming...nothing like waiting until the last minute for this, we travel in a little over 3 weeks.

agingerbugg
PeopleMover People Mover
PeopleMover People Mover

Post by agingerbugg » Jul Mon 27, 2009 7:49 am

Clusty wrote:
cousininmiami wrote:Hope they don't increase too much. But most recently it seems like they are offering a lot of deals, free dining and a bunch of other things. I think they have been hurt by the economy, but are really trying to keep people coming.
I'd rather have lower ticket prices than something like free dining. But that's just me.
Amen, I would be more inclined to dine at the "nicer" establishments if I wasn't mortgaging a house just to get into the park.
They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.

-Benjamin Franklin

PureDisney
Dumbo Flying Elephants Tamer

Post by PureDisney » Jul Mon 27, 2009 9:46 am

I doubt that they will increase them since so their attendance is already down. They fact that they are doing the buy three days get two free (or is it the other way around) deal seems to say that they need to attract more people instead of sending them off.

annafab
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider

Post by annafab » Jul Mon 27, 2009 1:53 pm

As much as we can hope and pray that Disney isn't going to increase prices, I'd hate to wait till next week on those hopes just to find out that they did go up. Does anyone remember how much they went up by last year?

I KNOW I will be going to WDW sometime between now and June (probably closer to June) but I have no money at the moment, so if the tickets are going to increase significantly I may need to just bite the bullet (aka pull out the ol' credit card) and get tickets now. Oh, decisions.

*EDIT*
Nevermind, found my answer thanks to the wonderfulness that is allearsnet.com (http://allears.net/tix/tixpix00.htm). Since 05 (when they redid the tickets) the 1 day tickets have gone up by $4. Before that (early 00's) they were going up by $2. That's a bad sign, I think. Annual passes have been going up about $15-$20 for the past few years. The whole detailed chart is under that link.
:nemo:

Figment of Imagination

Post by Figment of Imagination » Jul Mon 27, 2009 3:19 pm

I don't know, but I hope they don't raise them in Aug. for the last few years they did raise them in Aug, but now with the economy the way it is maybe they'll pass this year. It looks like they wait till Aug begins to make the announcement. :mickey:

MouseMan
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider

Post by MouseMan » Jul Wed 29, 2009 9:08 pm

boilerbabe wrote:Disney has to be effected by this economy! I don't ever remember them doing promotions like Buy 4 nights get 3 free! I really wish another promotion like that would come around again! Probably wishful thinking. :roll:
They have kept more people coming to their parks than the other Orlando parks because of the promotions. Their last annual report said that because of the promotion they have attracted new people, but that the crowds have been buying less souvenirs. So earning arent down as much as profits, but they are looking to the future that the new people that only came because of the great deal will want to come back.

PureDisney

Post by PureDisney » Jul Thu 30, 2009 10:40 am

I have to give them credit for being active about keeping people inside the parks.

boilerbabe
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Post by boilerbabe » Jul Thu 30, 2009 11:20 am

I agree MouseMan, they are doing a great job of keeping people coming to the parks. You hit the nail on the head! On our last trip in May, we only went b/c of the promotion and we definately did not buy souveniers this time around. I bought a birthday gift for my mother, but other than that. Nothing!

I hope they keep offereing the great promotions, it really helps!

Mr.ToadWildRider
Flight to the Moon Flight Director
Flight to the Moon Flight Director

Post by Mr.ToadWildRider » Jul Thu 30, 2009 11:32 am

Universal's prices skyrocketed since our trip last November...

PureDisney

Post by PureDisney » Jul Thu 30, 2009 1:17 pm

How bad were they? My son likes to go for one day, but sometimes it's too expensive, especially when you add in the cost to get a shuttle or taxi to the park.