Disneyland and California Adventure parks

Moderator: Moderators

mommyfor2
Autopian Mechanic
Autopian Mechanic

Planning a September Visit

Post by mommyfor2 » Jul Sun 20, 2014 5:42 pm

Hi, :mickey:
We are planning a quick trip to Disneyland at the end September. We are spending 1 day at DCA & 1 day at DL. Does anyone know what the hours might be during the week? Also, were any of the parades & shows be going on? I only ask this, because we have never gone off season, only on season.

Also, can anyone recommend restaurants in the either park that has a good child's menu & where we might split meals. I know that might sound cheap, but we are on a really tight budget. I am planning to take snacks & water in a backpack, but we were thinking of have a late lunch/early dinner either in the parks or outside.

Any advice would be very much appreciative, as it's been 4 years since we have been.

Thanks,
Mommyfor2 :mickey:

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Re: Planning a September Visit

Post by Amy » Jul Sun 20, 2014 8:23 pm

Here is a link that shows the park hours. Looks like the show/parade times haven't been set yet ~ http://www.wdwinfo.com/disneyland/park- ... &year=2014
Almost any of the quick service meals are big enough to split between two people. We ate at Flo's Diner in California Adventure and the food was pretty good there. I got the kids meal mac and cheese and while it was good, it was not a lot of food if your child has a bigger appetite. Don't forget you can ask for ice water at any of the counter service restaurants for free :D

horizons1
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by horizons1 » Jul Mon 21, 2014 10:59 am

Is Taste Pilot's Grill still there? I remember those portions being larger too.
No one's gloomy or complaining while the flatware's entertaining.

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Jul Mon 21, 2014 2:15 pm

horizons1 wrote:Is Taste Pilot's Grill still there? I remember those portions being larger too.
Yeah, that is still there. Not sure if they still have the fixin's bar or not. That is a nice way to stretch out a lunch too ~ lots of free lettuce and tomatoes and pickles to pile your sandwich up a bit bigger :D

Wizzard419
Pirates of the Caribbean Buccaneer
Pirates of the Caribbean Buccaneer

Post by Wizzard419 » Jul Mon 21, 2014 2:58 pm

If you're going the end of September the hours are usually shorter, World of Color runs all year but fireworks and Fantasmic may not run on weeknights. The parades and other shows will usually be running most or all week, a few shows do go dark on slower days.

If you're there the week that HMH and Ghost Galaxy opens (usually a Friday mid Sept.) that day will be busy.

Even though it is shorter hours in the parks you can get on everything.