California Adventure Recomendations

Disneyland and California Adventure parks

Moderator: Moderators

jderoche5
Fantasyland Theater Projectionist

California Adventure Recomendations

Post by jderoche5 » May Wed 28, 2014 9:45 am

Hey All, Making my first trip to California Adventure in July.

What does everyone suggest for food? I feel like I'm out of my element a bit because I've never been.

HELP!!!
Jessica
Always remember that it was started by a mouse…...

http://instagram.com/jderoche5

Wizzard419
Pirates of the Caribbean Buccaneer

Re: California Adventure Recomendations

Post by Wizzard419 » May Wed 28, 2014 3:26 pm

We need to know your budget first as well as anything else that would be relevant.

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » May Wed 28, 2014 6:25 pm

I don't know if it was a one time thing or not, but my brother loved the Shrimp Cocktail (Coctel de Camaron) they had at the ¡Viva Navidad! when we were there in December. He called it a shrimp soup, and it did look pretty liquid-y but he absolutely loved it! Not sure if they have anything similar at other times of the year or not.
We didn't have any this time around, but we like the bread bowls at the Pacific Wharf Cafe. They have clam chowder, broccoli and cheese. I think they had chili at some point as well. They use the sour dough bread they make next door at the Bakery Tour ~ yummy!

jderoche5

Post by jderoche5 » May Wed 28, 2014 9:32 pm

I'm not worried about the money, I frequent WDW and eat regularly at all places From the California Grill to Kona Cafe. It's really just about the food.
Jessica
Always remember that it was started by a mouse…...

http://instagram.com/jderoche5

Wizzard419

Post by Wizzard419 » May Thu 29, 2014 12:48 am

Then I would say in the park you could go with upscale Carthay Circle (lunch or dinner, they also have a lounge), Napa Rose is in the Grand Californian and right by the hotel gate into DCA (across from the world of color ticket machines).

Viva Navidad was, as the name implies, a seasonal event, but the venue that hosted it, Paradise Gardens/Grill is also a popular spot for quick service Mediterranean foods (or whatever special event is going on).

If you want to use the meal packages for World of Color, you can use Carthay Circle, the Trattoria (across from car's land near the show area, or Ariel's grotto. You can also go for the picnic option. They have special seating areas for people in those packages. You also can go to the bar connected to Ariel's grotto (or whatever it is called) and watch from there but it has a cover charge for World of color. Alternatively you can also just get tickets earlier in the day (they start release before the park opens) and dine where you want.

Another location popular with the tourists is the Ghirardelli ice cream shop in Pacific Wharf.

Oh and if you drink starbucks, you can use the location in Downtown Disney on your way in or go to the ones in the parks on Main St and Buena Vista Street.

daluke
Autopian Mechanic
Autopian Mechanic

Post by daluke » Jun Sat 21, 2014 11:13 pm

I did the Carthay Circle lunch for World of Color...food was very good, and the World of Color area was quite good.

Ice Cream Sundae at Ghirardelli was big for one person...but delicious of course.

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Jun Sun 22, 2014 7:39 am

daluke wrote:I did the Carthay Circle lunch for World of Color...food was very good, and the World of Color area was quite good.

Ice Cream Sundae at Ghirardelli was big for one person...but delicious of course.
I hope we can get back and try Carthay Circle ~ looks tasty. And an ice cream sundae sounds really good about right now! It's hard to justify ice cream sundaes for breakfast when you aren't at one of the Disney parks though :(

elizabethswann

Post by elizabethswann » Jun Mon 23, 2014 11:30 pm

I always do the Pacific Wharf broccoli and cheese bowl and take a visit to the Ghirardelli shop for a vanilla milkshake. The Taste Pilots Grill has a lot of great food too! It's right next to Soarin'.