Things to consider when changing your cell-phone carrier...

Disneyland and California Adventure parks

Moderator: Moderators

ZenMondo
Fantasyland Theater Projectionist

Things to consider when changing your cell-phone carrier...

Post by ZenMondo » Mar Mon 31, 2014 8:01 pm

Yesterday, continuing the process of "entanglement" with my primary girlfriend, we went in together in a shared cell-phone plan and new phones with a shiny 2-year contract.

Well then comes the time with coverage maps. So we check the usual of our home address in Modesto. Then I ask him to plug in the following address to check coverage:

1313 South Harbor Blvd. Anaheim, CA.

A man's gotta have his priorities don't you think?

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Re: Things to consider when changing your cell-phone carrier

Post by Amy » Mar Mon 31, 2014 8:51 pm

ZenMondo wrote:Yesterday, continuing the process of "entanglement" with my primary girlfriend, we went in together in a shared cell-phone plan and new phones with a shiny 2-year contract.

Well then comes the time with coverage maps. So we check the usual of our home address in Modesto. Then I ask him to plug in the following address to check coverage:

1313 South Harbor Blvd. Anaheim, CA.

A man's gotta have his priorities don't you think?
Nice! :lol: So who has the best coverage in DL? I didn't have any problems with my AT&T plan at DL/DCA, unless you could my Mom not answering her phone or texts most of the time :roll:

Wizzard419
Pirates of the Caribbean Buccaneer

Post by Wizzard419 » Mar Mon 31, 2014 9:10 pm

I think they are all about the same, since every building surrounding the park probably tries to get a tower installed for the extra money. Though reception (for data at least) inside many ride buildings is spotty since the signals can have trouble.

ZenMondo

Post by ZenMondo » Mar Mon 31, 2014 9:43 pm

Well our motivation was not the BEST coverage at home and a certain section of Anaheim, but for more no data caps. The check was more to see if there would be coverage at all. Not that we use our phones a lot in the park, but I must admit I am a wee bit curious about some of those wait time apps (but not at all curious about that thing people do holding their phones to their forehead while waiting in line).

Wizzard419

Post by Wizzard419 » Mar Mon 31, 2014 10:10 pm

The one I use at work to gauge the level of the parks (it helps us determine if its too crowded for lunch) is mousewait, user populated for the times, but it is usually more accurate than the posted times. Unless you need the discounts and other crap, I would stick with the free version.