It's a small world: Good or bad?

Good :)
92%
Bad :(
8%

Total votes: 66

AmBo

Post by AmBo » Nov Thu 11, 2004 1:02 pm

I <3 It's a Small World. Mainly because of childhood memories. Don't bash it's a small world! 17-4 is current vote record. YOU GO SMALL WORLD!

subsonic
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by subsonic » Nov Thu 11, 2004 1:17 pm

I'm going to force my girlfriend to go on the holiday version this year.

Lion Sleeps Tonight
Rocket Jets Flight Director
Rocket Jets Flight Director

Post by Lion Sleeps Tonight » Nov Thu 11, 2004 2:11 pm

pgreger wrote:I agree, subsonic. IASW is not a cool ride!!! However, it can be a lot of fun when taken in moderation. Ever gone on the ride with a 5-6 year old kid and watched their eyes bug with joy as they clap and sing along with the song??? Let's face it... it's a kid's ride and that's who it's meant to entertain.

***WARNING*** When not taken in moderation the theme song to "It's A Small World" can be mind numbing to the point of delirium and lead to inexplicable violence in some people. :twisted:
yes!! i was sitting behind a little 2 or 3yr old and she was just so amazed and excited at the attraction- i think she was clapping a bit too. well she also began licking the metal bars, but um... yeah. seeing someone so joyful at something you think is rather boring is quite interesting.

singing the "its a small world" song slowly and in a creepy voice is..creepy, but fun.
"A pirate in irons be full o' guile.
And the blackest 'art wears the broadest smile."

Oh, and "Welcome Home."

amychester

Post by amychester » Nov Fri 12, 2004 5:03 pm

I voted yes bc small world is a part of my childhood. At WDW - MK small world, there is a polyneisian scene with a boy surfing and for some reason, when I was little, I used to say "that's my daddy" Even now, many years later, I still think "there's my daddy."

Also, when you're a little girl who likes to play with dolls and play dress up, there's nothing better than trying to pick out which dresses and costumes you wish you had at home.

Vivi

Post by Vivi » Nov Sat 13, 2004 2:49 pm

I voted yes =) it's so cute and colourful
plus, it loads really quickly!

the last two times i went to WDW it was closed ='( oh well..

COOOOLkid

Post by COOOOLkid » Nov Mon 15, 2004 12:19 am

I love it!!! Well, maybe not love, but I do like that song...

G2-4T
Columbia Sailing Ship Admiral
Columbia Sailing Ship Admiral

Post by G2-4T » Nov Mon 15, 2004 8:52 pm

The times I've been to DL it was always closed after the holidays so the one time I could ride it I thought it was great. The WDW one is fun but the fascade is nothing like the amazing one outside the original!

rdeacon
Santa Fe & Disneyland Railroad Engineer
Santa Fe & Disneyland Railroad Engineer

Post by rdeacon » Nov Wed 17, 2004 9:08 am

Small world rocks.. Where else can you hear a song that get stuck in your head in multiple languages! Soon the WDW version will have state of teh art sounds and lighting... Rock on Small World ...woohooo

:P
"It's kind of fun to do the impossible.."
Walt Disney

[img]http://www.rdeacon.com/img/banners/bar/SR_admin_adv.jpg[/img]
[img]http://rdeacon.com/img/banners/bar/SR_monkey_adv.jpg[/img]

Disneynut
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider

Post by Disneynut » Nov Wed 17, 2004 2:00 pm

For an attraction that was created over forty years ago for the New York World's fair, I think its done very well. Its one of our favorites. :)

bartman454
Dumbo Flying Elephants Tamer
Dumbo Flying Elephants Tamer

Post by bartman454 » Nov Wed 17, 2004 9:12 pm

Well I have to say that I dont like Its a Small World just because of the song, that freaking song! I just cant stand it. I personally like the lyrics of its sister ride at Duff Gardens better

"Duff Beer for me, duff beer for you, I'll have a Duff you'll have one too!"

Jack
"This is a very moving moment"
"Yeah I wish they'd move it to Pittsburgh!"

vote_stomper

Post by vote_stomper » Nov Thu 18, 2004 3:04 am

i voted yes, i don't see a problem with the song, i sing to myself every time i go on the ride, but i also sing along to myself on pirates and the haunted mansion and splash mountian so maybe i'm just a strange person because my age group is just supposed to go on Indana Jones and not go into fantasyland and be board with everything, and although i do go on indana jones i enjoy every ride in Disneyland, including all of the fantasyland rides.

js3901
Matterhorn Bobsleds Climber
Matterhorn Bobsleds Climber

Post by js3901 » Nov Thu 18, 2004 3:19 am

I kinda want to see what they do to iasw for christmas, so I'll go on it next time I go to WDW during the holidays...

But I still say that ride is evil...

wallerman8

Post by wallerman8 » Nov Mon 22, 2004 7:32 pm

Ok here is the deal before you have kids it is on the edge of being HORRIBLE. But after you have kids and you ride it with them for the first time you really enjoy it and want to ride it many times with them just to see the happy look on there face.....Then you know the real meaning! :wink:

rick-g-tn

Post by rick-g-tn » Nov Mon 22, 2004 7:45 pm

I had a brother inlaw who hated it so bad, it was always a part of the Disney trip to make him ride it. But now that he has kids, I think he has learned to like it. It is also amazing how fast the little kids learn the tune. Guess repetition is there for a reason. And think, it is one of the best know rides yet there are very few souveniors for it.

Ciciwoowoo

Post by Ciciwoowoo » Dec Thu 02, 2004 10:37 pm

It's my favorite!!!