92%
Bad :(
8%

Total votes: 66

spaulo
PeopleMover People Mover
PeopleMover People Mover

Post by spaulo » Dec Wed 08, 2004 6:44 pm

IASW is good, but only, as someone else mentioned, in moderation. I go to DLR about three times a year at least... and will do IASW once every two years or so. That usually works. Unless, of course, I'm with a Disneyland newbie, in which case you have to go on IASW for their sake... it's too big a part of the park's history and charm to skip!

tylerw313

Post by tylerw313 » Dec Thu 09, 2004 12:46 am

I enjoy this ride, because it's the only thing I could remember from a really young age! :D

subsonic
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by subsonic » Dec Fri 10, 2004 1:51 pm

See as bad as people say it is, a lot of people like it. So when you say, "IASW sucks!" think again :)
Join our chat in Discord: https://discord.gg/zw5by3z

Lion Sleeps Tonight
Rocket Jets Flight Director
Rocket Jets Flight Director

Post by Lion Sleeps Tonight » Dec Fri 10, 2004 9:44 pm

subsonic wrote:See as bad as people say it is, a lot of people like it. So when you say, "IASW sucks!" think again :)
haha, yeah it's not the ride, IT'S YOU. :wink:

(j/k)
"A pirate in irons be full o' guile.
And the blackest 'art wears the broadest smile."

Oh, and "Welcome Home."

Fantasrick
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider

Small World

Post by Fantasrick » Dec Thu 16, 2004 8:25 pm

Okay, it may be a little dated, and the song is definitely repetitive, but it's a sweet little ride and a great place to rest after standing in long lines as it is a nice long ride.

kronk's angel
Mike Fink Keel Boats Boatswain
Mike Fink Keel Boats Boatswain

Post by kronk's angel » Dec Wed 29, 2004 8:19 am

zenmondo wrote:I do not think that I have ever vistied Disneyland without riding Its A Small World. I don't dread, and I like it greatly.

Call me weird, but I really like the whole look of the thing. Its a shame they covered up the Mary Blair Murals in Tomorrowland. I especially like the sun at the end. Reminds me of old coffeeshop decor from my childhood.
Ditto. Mary Blair is great, and I miss that mural. Comparing the Disneyland facade with the WDW version is quite a let down by comparison.
No, no... He's got a point.

Disneylad

Post by Disneylad » Jan Tue 25, 2005 11:56 pm

For myself, I love IASW, for a few reasons. I don't expect anybody to care what my reasons are, but I'm going to tell you anyway. :D

First, much to everyone's surprise at the time, it was one of Walt's favorite songs. Not his favorite (that was "Feed the Birds" from Mary Poppins) but definitely one of his favorites. It was also one of the last attractions to receive his personal approval, which makes it special in my opinion. I am all for keeping the Walt Disney in "Walt Disney's Disneyland."

Second, IASW Holiday is an absolute blast!

And third, the tune makes me feel young. Simple as that.

Mike Pinocchio

Post by Mike Pinocchio » Jan Wed 26, 2005 1:40 am

I still remember all the words to the song after they made us learn it off by heart in grade 3.

The horror! The horror!

maliboomer

Post by maliboomer » Feb Tue 01, 2005 11:00 pm

I never knew if you put an irritating song with tacky country representees (word?) could make such a great ride. E Ticket? No. But still good.

Darren
Swiss Family Treehouse Guide
Swiss Family Treehouse Guide

Post by Darren » Feb Tue 01, 2005 11:46 pm

It's a good ride for floating along, relaxing, and looking at a ton of stuff. The music is sappy and repetitive, but it's nice to hear it every once in a while to reminisce.

rick-g-tn

Post by rick-g-tn » Feb Wed 02, 2005 9:01 pm

I still love to take little kids and just sit and watch their faces instead of the ride. They are looking everywhere trying to take it all in at once as if this is the only time they are going to ride it.

Capstan

Post by Capstan » Feb Wed 02, 2005 11:47 pm

A great ride, a classic, unique in the whole wide universe. Mary Blair rocks!

AKLRULZ
PeopleMover People Mover
PeopleMover People Mover

Post by AKLRULZ » Apr Wed 20, 2005 8:37 am

A classic, pure nostalgia!

disneydreamer58
PeopleMover People Mover
PeopleMover People Mover

Post by disneydreamer58 » Apr Wed 20, 2005 8:43 am

AKLRULZ wrote:A classic, pure nostalgia!
I agree with you! I think I will just follow you around the forums all day and repy with Ditto! :wink:
My mom worked for Bank of America for 40+ years and they were the original sponsors of that ride, we went on it as a family religiously, so it will remain one of my fav's, it has sentimental value.
"A Very Merry Un-Birthday To You!"

d00watiwant

Merry Christmas

Post by d00watiwant » Apr Thu 21, 2005 1:36 am

I love the Holidays... Haunted Mansion all done up with "Nightmare Before Christmas" and "It's a Small World Holiday" Image