World of Color Winter Dreams Show

Disneyland and California Adventure parks

Moderator: Moderators

Cardinals314
Peter Pan's Flight Pixie Duster
Peter Pan's Flight Pixie Duster

World of Color Winter Dreams Show

Post by Cardinals314 » Jul Thu 25, 2013 12:51 pm

Beginning November 15th, 2013 at Disney California Adventure is an entirely new version of World of Color called Winter Dreams. The show will feature characters from Bambi, Frozen, Fantasia and Toy Story among many others. Video of the announcement is below:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GB9z0svn ... r_embedded
My WDW Trip Report March 2013

"I don't want to be a product of my environment. I want my environment to be a product of me"

mlbplus5
Omnibus Driver
Omnibus Driver

Re: World of Color Winter Dreams Show

Post by mlbplus5 » Jul Mon 29, 2013 9:04 am

I can't wait to see this when we go... Sounds awesome :D

Goofyfan
Snow White's Adventures Gem Miner
Snow White's Adventures Gem Miner

Post by Goofyfan » Sep Mon 23, 2013 11:15 am

Never been to D.L. Would love to see the show. Someday I hope. :goofy:

Belle1082
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider

Post by Belle1082 » Sep Wed 25, 2013 4:26 pm

When I was at DCA in June, I saw some cast members filming something in front of WOC wearing a Santa hat. I knew something was up. :-) I bet it is going to be beautiful!

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Sep Wed 25, 2013 7:49 pm

Goofyfan wrote:Never been to D.L. Would love to see the show. Someday I hope. :goofy:
World of Color is one of the things I am most looking forward to seeing on our upcoming DL trip. That and the holiday overlays at It's a Small World and the Haunted Mansion :jack:

wxwiz
Dumbo Flying Elephants Tamer
Dumbo Flying Elephants Tamer

Post by wxwiz » Sep Thu 26, 2013 11:18 pm

That sounds so great.

daluke
Autopian Mechanic
Autopian Mechanic

Post by daluke » Jan Sat 11, 2014 9:18 am

Did anyone actually see this show? I heard the audio on a podcast, but would like a review from someone who actually saw it!

Thanks!

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Jan Sat 11, 2014 11:06 am

daluke wrote:Did anyone actually see this show? I heard the audio on a podcast, but would like a review from someone who actually saw it!

Thanks!
We saw it a few times on our trip to DL in December. It was very good with a lot of energy. I Loved the music as well :D I am hoping to see the regular show sometime soon though so I can compare the two. I have some photos from the show in my trip report...here is the link if you would like to see them. Scroll about three quarters of the way down to see the pics from the show. It is mostly of Mickey's funwheel and a few of the fountains. It would probably be more fun to watch after having watched the movie Frozen as Olaf played a rather large part in the show. There was a cute section with the Toy Story toys performing the Nutcracker too.
viewtopic.php?f=11&t=8947&start=120

daluke
Autopian Mechanic
Autopian Mechanic

Post by daluke » Jan Mon 20, 2014 10:06 pm

Thanks Amy, I HAVE seen the WoC show, but not with the xmas theme. I had heard the music on a podcast, but honestly it didnt thrill me. I prefer classic disney music I guess, altho hearing the Nutcracker piece - you could tell they were doing something with Toy Story!

And I hadn't seen Frozen before hearing the WoC with Olaf, so now that I know the character, perhaps I should listen again...

Very nice trip report...puts me right there! Nice pics too. Fantastic job with Scrooge McDuck! I am impressed...

D

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Jan Tue 21, 2014 7:28 am

daluke wrote:Thanks Amy, I HAVE seen the WoC show, but not with the xmas theme. I had heard the music on a podcast, but honestly it didnt thrill me. I prefer classic disney music I guess, altho hearing the Nutcracker piece - you could tell they were doing something with Toy Story!

And I hadn't seen Frozen before hearing the WoC with Olaf, so now that I know the character, perhaps I should listen again...

Very nice trip report...puts me right there! Nice pics too. Fantastic job with Scrooge McDuck! I am impressed...

D

MmeLeota
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Post by MmeLeota » Jan Tue 21, 2014 8:23 pm

Honestly, the first time we saw WoC, it was cool but not WOW. I didn't feel WOW until we watched the show from the 'splash/wet zone' all the way in the front of the viewing area.

Here's a little explanation: When we attended the 2009 D23 Expo, we were in a presentation given by Steve Davison (the creator of the show) all about this new show coming to DCA called "World of Color". We heard a clip from the theme, saw renderings of the scenes and CG animations. In essence, we were pumped to see the show...but had to wait since the show wouldn't open until summer 2010.
We had a trip in July, and we were so excited to see WoC for the first time. We got our FPs and were given the 'Blue' section. When we went to queue up, a CM directed us to the ADA section. Since we didn't know the show at all, we agreed. The section was located in the back (and like you mentioned in your report, Amy they requested that anyone who could stand should until the show began) and once the show began, we realized the view was not so great. I don't know if it was because we were so excited from seeing the presentation ahead of time and we somewhat knew what to expect, or what...maybe other people don't have the reaction we had.

One time that we had gone to the park but hubby just used his cane, we decided to try standing all the way up front (we had 'Blue' again) and what a difference! Seeing all the detailed fountains added so much more to the show for us. Now we LOVE the show and can't believe we ever felt the way we did. Even if we don't get to see the show from that angle now, it's ok since we have seen it.
So for anyone going to see World of Color, don't be afraid of the area up front. Yes, you will get wet...and it all depends on the wind during the show as to how wet. One time (when I was there by myself), the late show was delayed slightly because the front was so wet that there were puddles...yet I hardly got a mist during our show. But I have also gotten drenched...but it was worth it! :D

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Jan Tue 21, 2014 9:05 pm

MmeLeota wrote:Honestly, the first time we saw WoC, it was cool but not WOW. I didn't feel WOW until we watched the show from the 'splash/wet zone' all the way in the front of the viewing area.

Here's a little explanation: When we attended the 2009 D23 Expo, we were in a presentation given by Steve Davison (the creator of the show) all about this new show coming to DCA called "World of Color". We heard a clip from the theme, saw renderings of the scenes and CG animations. In essence, we were pumped to see the show...but had to wait since the show wouldn't open until summer 2010.
We had a trip in July, and we were so excited to see WoC for the first time. We got our FPs and were given the 'Blue' section. When we went to queue up, a CM directed us to the ADA section. Since we didn't know the show at all, we agreed. The section was located in the back (and like you mentioned in your report, Amy they requested that anyone who could stand should until the show began) and once the show began, we realized the view was not so great. I don't know if it was because we were so excited from seeing the presentation ahead of time and we somewhat knew what to expect, or what...maybe other people don't have the reaction we had.

One time that we had gone to the park but hubby just used his cane, we decided to try standing all the way up front (we had 'Blue' again) and what a difference! Seeing all the detailed fountains added so much more to the show for us. Now we LOVE the show and can't believe we ever felt the way we did. Even if we don't get to see the show from that angle now, it's ok since we have seen it.
So for anyone going to see World of Color, don't be afraid of the area up front. Yes, you will get wet...and it all depends on the wind during the show as to how wet. One time (when I was there by myself), the late show was delayed slightly because the front was so wet that there were puddles...yet I hardly got a mist during our show. But I have also gotten drenched...but it was worth it! :D
Interesting to hear that. I thought the area we were in had a pretty good line of sight for being in the back. I think it helped that we were right up against the fence of a planter in front of us so we had that bumper before the next group of people who were a tier below us.

MmeLeota
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Post by MmeLeota » Jan Tue 21, 2014 9:33 pm

We were against a fence too, but I don't think we were at the front of the section like that.
We could see the screens alright, and when the fountains shot up real high...but we didn't realize we were missing out on some of the lower detailed fountains/lights. They're not a huge deal, but when we saw them, it made a difference for us. Again, I think it was because we were so hyped up from the presentation.

Wizzard419
Pirates of the Caribbean Buccaneer
Pirates of the Caribbean Buccaneer

Post by Wizzard419 » Jan Tue 21, 2014 9:33 pm

Yes, blue section is terrible, I wonder why they would even have reservations for it. At that point I would just pay the cover for the cove bar.

MmeLeota
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Post by MmeLeota » Jan Tue 21, 2014 9:37 pm

Wizzard419 wrote:Yes, blue section is terrible, I wonder why they would even have reservations for it. At that point I would just pay the cover for the cove bar.
Actually, I think red is worse...at least the area of red I was in, all the way by the Golden Zephyr.