Disneyland and California Adventure parks

Moderator: Moderators

cousininmiami
Davy Crockett's Explorer Canoes Guide

Re: Disneyland 1965

Post by cousininmiami » May Tue 14, 2013 9:17 am

Amy wrote:
cousininmiami wrote:LOL... I know I really love old pictures! These were in my Baby Book which I have and had not looked at in years. I saw these pics and immediately scanned them. Pretty cool I thought!

However, my parents literally have a few thousand slides... which which is really difficult to look through. They said somewhere, there are slides of when they took me for the first time to Disneyland in 1960. My parents have always told me that Walt Disney was there, shook their hand and posed for a picture. They even recalled it again yesterday telling me the story. So, here I am wishing somehow these slides could be found... sounds like a needle in a haystack! Oh well... maybe someday.
They got to meet Walt Disney?! How cool!! :D Definitely a good reason to sift through the slides. Sounds like a good reason for a family get together ~ make a little dinner, have a little slide show and reminisce :D
Well.... I live in Miami and my parents are in Virgina (retired)! Considering I work, they mostly come down to visit me. The last time I was up visiting them, I spent some time in the 'photo closet'. It's unbelievable. Maybe when I am retired some day I can actually go through stuff. Unfortunately the technology is still very time consuming to look at old slides, and/or copy them. My Dad bought a slide shower-downloader thing to attach to the computer, but that is still only one slide at a time. I wish they were all better marked, I really want the old Disneyland slides quite badly!
°o° "...it's a great big beautiful tomorrow, shining at the end of every day" °o°

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » May Tue 14, 2013 12:42 pm

cousininmiami wrote:
Amy wrote:
cousininmiami wrote:LOL... I know I really love old pictures! These were in my Baby Book which I have and had not looked at in years. I saw these pics and immediately scanned them. Pretty cool I thought!

However, my parents literally have a few thousand slides... which which is really difficult to look through. They said somewhere, there are slides of when they took me for the first time to Disneyland in 1960. My parents have always told me that Walt Disney was there, shook their hand and posed for a picture. They even recalled it again yesterday telling me the story. So, here I am wishing somehow these slides could be found... sounds like a needle in a haystack! Oh well... maybe someday.
They got to meet Walt Disney?! How cool!! :D Definitely a good reason to sift through the slides. Sounds like a good reason for a family get together ~ make a little dinner, have a little slide show and reminisce :D
Well.... I live in Miami and my parents are in Virgina (retired)! Considering I work, they mostly come down to visit me. The last time I was up visiting them, I spent some time in the 'photo closet'. It's unbelievable. Maybe when I am retired some day I can actually go through stuff. Unfortunately the technology is still very time consuming to look at old slides, and/or copy them. My Dad bought a slide shower-downloader thing to attach to the computer, but that is still only one slide at a time. I wish they were all better marked, I really want the old Disneyland slides quite badly!
Oh...hmmm, if they are retired, they could be feeding that slide shower-downloaded thingie one slide at a time right? ;)

cousininmiami

Post by cousininmiami » May Tue 14, 2013 1:13 pm

Amy wrote:Oh...hmmm, if they are retired, they could be feeding that slide shower-downloaded thingie one slide at a time right? ;)
Good point!!!! I love your thinking :-)
°o° "...it's a great big beautiful tomorrow, shining at the end of every day" °o°